The Adventures of TinTin

(ended 1993)

boom-moo

The Adventures of TinTin Fan Reviews (10)

• TV Show of the Century

The soundtrack. Cast. Plot. Everything. It's like the LoK of the 90's. Easily the best TV show every to air in the 20th century. Of course, what would you expect from a TV series adapted from what is easily the most popular and best comic book ever? This show rarely shows weakness and has amazing and adrenaline-pumping scenes of barely escaping explosions and gunfights alive! Just watch it. You'll get hooked before you know it.
  • A series about the world's greatest reporter!

This is one of the greatest series ever produced in Europe. This series follows the footsteps of the world's greatest reporter, Tintin and his faithful companions, his dog Snowy, detectives Thomson and Thompson, Professor Calculus and of course, let's not forget, Captain Haddock, in their adventures around the world.

From exploring the bottom of the ocean in serach of a treasure, to walking on the surface of the Moon, the series faithfully tells us the adventures of this young reporter who is always there for his friends. My favourite episodes are without a doubt The Black Island, Explorers on the Moon and of course, Tintin in Tibet. A 9.5 is in order for this amazing piece of animated art.
  • Can't hold a candle to the classics from the 80s.

3.1
    I am a huge fan of Tintin, I have all the comic books, including the one Hergé never finished. And I absolutely love the original animated movies from the 80s.

I know that series wasn't exceptionally well animated (okay, the animation was poor) and I know that the stories differed from how they went in the comic books... but that is Tintin on TV for me. That series had its own charm, lots of heart and it really appealled to me.

This newer version lacks the heart and soul of the original versions. The animation is only mildly improved and it doesn't come to life the way the series from the 80s did. And I can't stand watching the Swedish dubs as they have recast all the parts and Captain Haddock has gone from temperamental, passionate fireball to slow, peaceful man from Gothenburg. Nope, it just doesn't work for me.
  • This was one show during the 90's growing that I really enjoyed watching. It was dynamic, epic and had very well thought out episodes. Not to mention a kick butt soundtrack!

When I first saw the intro, I was like, Wow, this is so cool.

Hegre deserves alot of credit for making a series about a news reporter who travels the world, fights villains and exposes corruption. IMO, the major contributor to this show being a hit was the music. I mean, wow, talk about epic!

The voice actors in this show were really good as well. Tintin, Captain Haddock, the Thompsons all sounded professionally voiced.

Another thing I loved about the show was the fact it was very realistic for the most part and had stories that kept you on the edge of your seat. It was very unpolitcally correct, but who cares? That term to me in a huge eyesore.

Lastly, the action scenes in this show were very adrenaline pumping. Gun fights, stealth missions, Tintin punching villains in the face, his near death escapes. Just wow...

All in all, this show was just plain amazing. It's too bad Hegre didn't come up with more material, he was that good a comic writer.
  • young reporter tintin has adventures

This show is a great cartoon based on Herge's comic books about the young reporter Tintin. The adventures are of many kinds, from a giant meteor with a bizarre element that allows for rapid and large growth in living creatures to the trip to the moon. The characters are all the same as in the comic books. The animation is nice and the opening sequence is good too. Quite a entertaining show. Tintin was an active reporter in the first comics but this seems to give way to an adventurer who does good in the latter ones, although his actual career seems unstated. The first two comics- Tintin in the land of the soviets and Tintin in the congo aren't put in episode form and neither is the unfinished work Tintin and the Alph Art.
  • Awesome show!!!

This show is all about a teenage boy and his dog snowy and together they go through new adventures!

There are some awesome episodes on this, in fact most of them are great except for "The shooting star" and "Flight 714" those two are boring but It still Is a fantastic show!!!
    I've read all the comic books and not once has any of them bored me. It's just perfect! My favorite's however are:

-The Cigars of the Pharoah
    -The black island
    -Prisoners of the sun
    -The crab with golden claws
    -The land of black gold
    -Tintin in Tibet
    -The Calculas affair

Those seven are outstanding!
    And remember the characters? The Thompson twins, Captain Haddock, Professor Calculas, Mular, Abdullar and the fat women etc.

A great show to remember for the rest of your life! It's funny, exciting, suspenseful and much more!
  • A great animated show for young and old alike.

A great animated show for young and old alike. If this is a show that you do not normally watch and you are sitting at home with nothing to do, you are going to wish you had it on tape. Having it "on tape" had become the generic term for recorded programs. Today you are more likely to have the show on Tivo or DVR than VHS, or god forbid Beta!! It is kind of like how a lot of people still call CD's "records" or "albums." Anyway, back to the show. This is the type of show that is really pretty good if you would just give it a chance. So on those cold, lonely, rainy days, pop in your tape or DVR or whatever if you were smart enough to tape it. If not, check to see if it is on as a re-run. After all, as they say, if you have never seen it, it is new to you. A good TV watch.
  • Action and Adventure for people of all ages. Tintin is a classic!

The comics were great and the TV Show was superb!

You don't get that many animated action adventure shows any more! Well at least none of them had the quality of Tintin.

I was pretty addicted to this show, it wasn't just for kids but all ages. The places Tintin went to were usually fake names, but you could often tell what they were based on. The comics when they first came out were controversial because it was around the time of World War II, but when I watch it now I don't see it at all for that!

It has all the elements of a great action film or TV show.

The characters are now extremely well known. Tintin and his loyal dog Snowy were a great team. Captain Haddock, Professor Calculus and The Thompsons provided some great comic relief and they were always key characters.

Read the books or watch the show, or both! - you won't be disappointed!
  • One chance to speak French because Tintin and his friends are a big icon for somewere

The TV show The Adventures of Tintin made during the 90's years proof again his great popularity. Created by Georges Remi (aka Hergé) in 1929, the story from the comic-books are again and still current news today. Since one year, i watched The Adventures of Tintin in a channel and on Video and i learn that Herge caricature appear like in a cameo in almost all of the episodes.

Created between Mickey Mouse and Popeye, Tintin are not a name, that's a legend. Without forget his fabulous friends; Snowy (Milou), Captain Haddock, The Thompsons (Dupont & Dupond), Professor Calculus (Tournesol) and a few others also incredibles.

Over the series, i like this series at 100% because he's repesct really the true meanings of the comic-books, but with some odd ways. The original version/voices are for me in French, than much bring to the comic-books and that's probably normal. Concerning the English, that's more painful but don't worry, we're already see worse.

The Adventures of Tintin are a great adaptation of a comic-books who really worth the respect than receive him
  • Why did this shopw ever get cancelled?

This is one of my favorite shows ever. I love it so much I ordered the series from china for $150. I used to love snowy and i even named a pet i had TinTin. This show has everything I don't think its just for kids I am 17 and love the show, maybe since i loved it when i was little. People need to see it and then they will accept that it is one of the best shows ever.