The Adventures of TinTin

The Castafiore Emerald (1)

Aired Unknown Aug 19, 1993 on

• It was just as good as the book: Very slow moving and on the dull side, but I still liked it regardless

Yeah, this one that follows on from Tintin In Tibet was the 21st story and it was probably the most annoying, and slow moving out of all episodes of this entire series.

The story of the very annoying Bianca Castafiore staying over at Marlinspike with her shocking moves in regards to her jewels was painful to watch! I don't like the person, at all. I don't mind seeing her for a "few" short scenes like what happened on "King Ottokah's Sceptre", "The Seven Crystal Balls" and "The Red Sea Sharks". I didn't see the point of all her panicking and mimicking.

The scenes of Marlinspike and the fact that Tintin, Captain Haddock and Cuthbert Calculus could enjoy a story without villains was great! My only objections were Bianca being the centre of attention, her stupid panicking, and the fact that her alone made this slow-moving.

For the third-to-last Tintin adventure I was definitely expecting more enjoyement, but it's alright, I have high faith in the last two comic episodes: "Flight 714", and "Tintin and the Picaros" which I am highly excited about.

Despite the negatives of a simply annoying, and slow-moving episode, the 7.0/10 score represents the fact that this one just passed in my books. Anything below a 7 is INDEED a fail. I did admire the always funny clips from my second favorite character (s): Thompson and Thomson.

"The Castafiore Emerald" was the 21st book in the series (chronological order).