The AFL Footy Show

Thursday 9:30 PM on The Nine Network Premiered Mar 24, 1994 In Season

The AFL Footy Show Fan Reviews (7)

• Entertaining, but could be a lot better.

I absolutely love just about anything that has to do with AFL, but unfortuantly I can't say that I "Love" this show.

I watch it every week, and yes it's an entertaining couple of hours, but there are a few things that could be made better.

First of all, I think channel 9 need to wake up and realise that there are more than just the 10 or so players who seem to be on the panel on a rotational basis. I'm talking about the likes of Buckley, Fevola, Hird, Richo, Akermanis and a few others who are on the panel every third week. There needs to be more variety.

Secondly, Bullet and Gun needs to go. The AFL Footy Show is the only sports show I know of who have a segment like this every week, and after you see it, you'll know why they're the only one. It's rubbish. Rarely is it funny, and I can honestly say the only "decent" part about it is the perv on Kathy Lloyd :).

The rest of the Panel as such on this show can be very entertaining. Eddie seems to be a bit of a dead horse up there, but Sam and Trev will keep you laughing for hours.

When the show returns in the 2006 season, I hope some changes have been made, and be it for better or worse, we'll just have to wait and see.