The Amazing Race Australia

Season 2, Episode 5 | Istanbul, Turkey

Aired Monday 8:30 PM Jun 25, 2012 on Seven Network

• Mid-leg flight almost killed it.

Well there's a whole heap of positives and some glaringly obvious negatives with this episode. Firstly to the task design, whihc was really impeccable! Some absolutely phenomenal tasks, and teh first leg in this season with both a Roadblock and a Detour (at least the first leg in which both actually aired).

The Detour was great, but I was just stunned that everyone ran to the option which was clearly harder. It was quite weird, really. The Roadblock was absolutely phenomenal, but on that point, let me talk about the biggest negative of the episode, which was the mid-leg flight. It basically rendered the Detour pointless, not to mention that it rendered the U-Turn pointless. Aside from that, it meant that the whole leg would be determined by just one challenge, which is not acceptable or fair. The redeeming factor with the leg was the NEL, which stopped the episode becoming a design disaster. I hope Ross & Tarryn can bounce back!

In other news, we had some intense moments between Paul and Grace. Paul is apparently lashing out at being bullied in the past, but apparently his strategy to deal with bullying is to become a bully himself. His comments are nonsensical and simply despicable. Poor Grace. :'(