The Amazing Race Australia

Season 2, Episode 6 | Istanbul, Turkey

Aired Monday 8:30 PM Jul 02, 2012 on Seven Network

• Just about the worst leg dwesign I've ever encountered.

Let's get to the obvious - a n Intersection placed halfway through the leg, meaning that the team with the Marked for ELimination penalty had absolutely no chance to survive, since the only task after that was a Roadblock requiring no skill. It is absolutely horrid leg design. Ross & Tarryn never stood a chnace. Simple as that.

The criticism doesn't stop there, because the tasks were horrible. The soap was a sheer waste of time, while the two Detour options - while interesting individually - were not evenly balanced, and one task was far, far easier than the other, which is astoundingly awful to see.

The wrestling that we saw was probably the leg's best task, but honestly, it was really dangerous, and did we not see one racer get injjured? I was actually surprised that more people didn't suffer some injuries, in all honesty.

The Roadblock was culturally relevant, but required no skill and was simply a test of endurance. Not a real obstacle, although it gav e us some laughs.

I'm nonplussed by this leg. I'm hoping for a lot more next week on my birthday! :)