The Amazing Race

Business in the Front, Party in the Back

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Feb 17, 2013 on CBS

• The Amazing Race goes where it has never gone before

This incredible TV series has returned for its 22nd season. I believe this will be one of the best seasons in a long while, and the first leg was very enjoyable. My favorite teams at this time are Bates & Anthony, Jessica & John, Dave & Connor and Idries & Jamil.

I am so happy they didn't go to Asia first, and this is a new sight for the show. More importantly, I am glad that there was no additional starting line task this time round, saving time for more fun in Bora Bora, Tahiti. The only downside about this episode was that it was only one hour long, leaving out additional tasks and an overnight rest spot, something I really loved about Seasons 5-7.

The first Roadblock, the skydiving was the perfect choice for the first leg, but I would have preferred it as a Detour to give it a nice TAR3 reference. The second Roadblock was also good, but who would have thought something that was seemingly so easy become an impossible task for three teams? The heat exhaustion perhaps, and the fear of elimination. I hope Jessica & John hand over their Express Pass to Anthony & Bates (my team in the Pool) but I won't hold my breath on that one... lol.

This first leg gets an 8/10 from me. Just on the border of impressive/great. Nice first episode, and I do believe the second will be better. I am more excited about this season's third leg, a visit to my country in New Zealand.
CBS