The Amazing Race Forums

Sunday 8:00 PM on CBSIn Season

22.3 "Like James Bond Again" 3/3/13

SabrinaColema

[1]Mar 3, 2013
    • level: 9

Discuss the episode here!

"Like James Bond Again" – One Team's Race remains in jeopardy as they battle through a debilitating injury, while Racers get down and dirty in New Zealand's Shemozzle Race, on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 3 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Emmy Award nominee Phil Keoghan (@philkeoghan) is the host.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SabrinaColema

[2]Mar 3, 2013
    • level: 9
    I actually like TBC legs now because they provide a slow-paced episode, but too bad they rush the following episode.

It was great to see some airport drama. We got loads today.
    It was even better to see some self-driving!! TAR21 only had 2 I believe.

On the tasks..
    DETOUR - Neither of the tasks were that great which was a bummer... I hate those courses where they have to do extreme stunts with cars. The fishing task was rather boring.

ROADBLOCK - I didn't like the Roadblock that much either, I don't know why.

They seriously need to put more Route Info tasks.

On the teams.. (selected)

Dave & Connor - I hated the fact that they decided to use the Express Pass on such a task that isn't physically demanding. It seems their eyes were focused too much on 1st place. Saving it for a MANDATORY physical task would be a better choice.

Joey & Meghan - Back to hating Joey. I seriously hate his enthusiasm. It's just really annoying as it's like he thinks he's making a YouTube video so he's trying to be random. CHILL.

Max & Katie - "I'm a pharmacist so I'm always right." (something along those lines.) Haha I love Katie! Pam & Winnie - I found it really random to see them pop up out of nowhere and getting on the first flight. It's too bad they got bunched with the other teams - though they didn't seem too far ahead as they showed up 5th at the bunching point anyway.

This season is alright so far.. I have to say this was the worst of the three episodes shown.

LOVE: Jessica & John, Chuck & Wynona, Mona & Beth, Caroline & Jen, Max & Katie, Pam & Winnie
    LIKE: Dave & Connor, Bates & Anthony, Meghan
    NEUTRAL: N/A
    DISLIKE: N/A
    HATE: Joey

Colin_Rob_Rock

[3]Mar 3, 2013
    • level: 10

I agree that Dave/Connor should have held on to the Express pass.

I hate TBC legs! In my opinion they are worse then non-Elims. At least in Non-elims you get some closure. This was the worst leg of the season so far.

What I don't understand is how Max/Katie and Dave/Connor got on the second flight when Bates/Anthony and Caroline/Jennifer got there first. I also don't understand how Pam/Winnie got on the first flight.

I hate alliences that are hunt down a team. John/Jessica annoyed me a little in this leg but not as much as Joey. I understand JJ starting the allinence but was Mona/Beth and Joey/Meghan reason for joining, JJ has been just as domminint.

Love: Bates/Anthony
    Like: Dave/Conner, Max/Katie, Caroline/Jennifer
    Neutral: Chuck/Wynona
    Dislike: Pam/Winnie, Mona/Beth
    Hate: Joey/Meghan

j19000

[4]Mar 4, 2013
    • level: 50

Colin_Rob_Rock wrote:

I agree that Dave/Connor should have held on to the Express pass.

I hate TBC legs! In my opinion they are worse then non-Elims. At least in Non-elims you get some closure. This was the worst leg of the season so far.

Love: Bates/Anthony
    Like: Dave/Conner, Max/Katie, Caroline/Jennifer
    Neutral: Chuck/Wynona
    Dislike: Pam/Winnie, Mona/Beth
    Hate: Joey/Meghan

I liked TBC legs until they became two separate legs which started on TAR18 I think it was. Such a waste of legs, and proper non-elimination legs get decreased as a result.

I did enjoy this leg, probably the best leg of the season next to the first leg (I was not fond of last week's episode), however, I was disappointed not to see Christchurch after the earthquake. I am from and live in Auckland, New Zealand so I would have liked to have seen some challenges performed in central Christchurch. The biggest disappointment was the damned TBC, I just sighed.

No, the challenges were not so great this leg, I agree.

Edited on 03/04/2013 1:06am

amazing_race

[5]Mar 4, 2013
    • level: 54

Yeah, the challenges were downright awful in my opinion. I like and need the challenges to reflect the local culture in some way, and fishing, driving and covering oneself with feathers does not achieve that.

Also agree that Dave & Connor should've held on to the EP, but they seem resigned to the fact that they will go home soon either way, and so at least they got their holiday to go to...

Katie is just amazing

eaudra1

[6]Mar 4, 2013
    • level: 8

Personally I loved the Roadblock, if New Zealenders do this stuff for fun, they're indeed a very crazy nation, and I already want to go there and see/experience some of it on my own hide

Otherwise, the leg was somewhat stale. And this TBC stuff, meh, what a waste of a leg.

Love: none so far
    Like: like every team still on it, but...
    Neutral: Pam and Winnie
    Dislike: Joey and Meghan (mostly Joey)
    Hate: n/a