The Amazing Race Forums

Sunday 8:00 PM on CBSIn Season

22.4 "I Love Monkeys!" 3/10/13

SabrinaColema

[1]Mar 10, 2013
    • level: 9

Okay well, that's a really weak episode title.

Discuss the episode here!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MarlboroMagpi

[2]Mar 11, 2013
    • level: 5

That guy must be the most stupid guy I have ever seen in all 22 seasons of TAR.Worst thing is he did not admit his mistake.His girlfriend did not even complain about him a bit.I really pity her.He was too confident.He should have use the express pass.He keep telling her not to while she checks with him.I did not know there was still such achauvinisticguy in this day and age.He does not look like he is this kind of guy in the last 3 episodes.

Colin_Rob_Rock

[3]Mar 11, 2013
    • level: 10

I agree with you completley they were a good team but his stubberness got them eliminated. I think that this is one of the few times a team got eliminated soley because of one team member. The other one is Mika and Cannen in season 15 when she refused to go down the water slide.

AdaHui

[4]Mar 12, 2013
    • level: 6
    OMG, John was so stupid! Cocky and arrogant which served him right for getting eliminated with an express pass. At least Jessica didn't turn into a shrew but yeah, wow. I'm totally blown away by that.

I'm not a fan of Connor for cheating and looking at Winnie's board. He wanted her help but instead, he cheated his way to finish first. Not cool.

I'm just glad that Anthony and Bates are still in it after getting a bad taxi driver!

eaudra1

[5]Mar 12, 2013
    • level: 8

Agreed, that was a stupid move on John's part not to use express pass when they decided to leave their first Detour option. It wasn't like they were running in front or anything, duh.

Though I'm more disappointed that yet again Mona and Beth did not get any points in our pool. When they went for that sand option of detour, I really hoped that this was gonna be it, but alas here came John and Jessica burning their chance at surviving the leg

amazing_race

[6]Mar 12, 2013
    • level: 53

I disagree with the comments about John not admitting his mistake and so forth, because if wanting to have no regrets is what he wants, that's fine by me. Nonetheless, I agree how not playing the Express Pass was a poor move.

It should have been played at the first Detour. Then they should have played it at the second one. Then they should've used it at the Roadblock, seeing as they were with only one team in a battel for last.

Still, the episode was amazing! Five legs in Indonesia, but at least they got one right! Above average Detour and flawless Roadblock for mine! Really impressed!

Loving Caroline & Jen more and more! Not liking Pam & Winnie - they seem to be under the impression that they are better than everyone.

So happy for Dave & Connor! They are really amazing!

LOVE: Max & Katie, Caroline & Jennifer, Dave & Connor, Chuck & Wynona
    LIKE: Mona & Beth

NEUTRAL: N/A

DISLIKE: Pam & Winnie
    HATE: Bates & Anthony, Joey & Meghan

Looking forward to some U-Turn fun next time roudn!

Colin_Rob_Rock

[7]Mar 12, 2013

amazing_race wrote:

Loving Caroline & Jen more and more! Not liking Pam & Winnie - they seem to be under the impression that they are better than everyone.

So happy for Dave & Connor! They are really amazing!

LOVE: Max & Katie, Caroline & Jennifer, Dave & Connor, Chuck & Wynona
    LIKE: Mona & Beth

NEUTRAL: N/A

DISLIKE: Pam & Winnie
    HATE: Bates & Anthony, Joey & Meghan

Looking forward to some U-Turn fun next time roudn!

At the begining of the leg how did Bates/Anthony get into third they were in 8th at the roadblock. Could all the other teams really gotten lost?

I also like Caroline/Jen. Pam/Winnie seem to be getting lucky.

I think Dave and Connor's luck will run out soon, but I liked how Connor looked at Pam or Winne's board.

LOVE: Bates & Anthony
    LIKE: Max & Katie, Caroline & Jennifer, Dave & Connor
    NEUTRAL: Chuck & Wynona
    DISLIKE: NA
    HATE: Joey & Meghan, Mona & Beth, Pam & Winnie

I like how Caroline and Jen seemed to be rallying everyone against Joey/Meghan and Mona/Beth Hopefully it works and one of them gets eliminated.

dapa091

[8]Mar 18, 2013
    • level: 14
    Bates/Anthony are hilarious, same goes for Max/Katie, Caroline/Jenn, Pam/Winnie and Chuck/Wynona
    Mona/Beth are okay
    Joey/Meghan, I have mixed feelings for them
    Dave/Connor hog too much screentime, the dad annoys me to no end and Connor had to look at Pam's surfboard just to get first. Whether you like them or not, a cheater is a cheater.

Colin_Rob_Rock

[9]Mar 18, 2013

I don't think it was cheating. He did what he had to. It's not as if he tackled her and took her board, he got a peak and used it. She could have gotten first but she was to blind to see the path.

amazing_race

[10]Mar 20, 2013

Colin_Rob_Rock wrote:

I don't think it was cheating. He did what he had to. It's not as if he tackled her and took her board, he got a peak and used it. She could have gotten first but she was to blind to see the path.

Definitely agree with you. And she could've easily placed her hand over the image to hide it (it wasn't big) but she didn't do so and paid the price.

Colin_Rob_Rock

[11]Mar 20, 2013

I didn't even think about putting her hand on the image.

ltcomstella

[12]May 27, 2013
    • level: 18

so what if he looked at her board ? if it was the wrong you'd not be calling him a cheat you'd be calling him an idiot for getting it wrong or not knowing.... poor guy can't win either way..and he got first over her but is it really his fault she got lost ? no... i'd assume if she got first then no one would call him a cheat would they ?

so i look at this way...he may of had an idea what to look for more so than she did..but he took a gamble if it's wrong then he could of beaten her back to the shop to try again thus gaining an advantage...

still as far as cheating goes nothing tops last seasons 'twinnies' stealing the rockers money with no penalty..

as for jonathan.. they guys got a super ego.. nothing can touch it nothing can damage it, he believes his own bs..she seems like smart girl but not so smart she didn't slap his stupid face and use the express pass her self..can anyone pm/tell me what phil says as they walk way sounded like 'ouvay' with his hands out. was it like 'crazy' or wtf ?

the amazing_race 'user' never fails to amaze me with their varied opinions on here..

amazing_race

[13]Jul 3, 2013

ltcomstella wrote:

so what if he looked at her board ? if it was the wrong you'd not be calling him a cheat you'd be calling him an idiot for getting it wrong or not knowing.... poor guy can't win either way..and he got first over her but is it really his fault she got lost ? no... i'd assume if she got first then no one would call him a cheat would they ?

so i look at this way...he may of had an idea what to look for more so than she did..but he took a gamble if it's wrong then he could of beaten her back to the shop to try again thus gaining an advantage...

still as far as cheating goes nothing tops last seasons 'twinnies' stealing the rockers money with no penalty..

as for jonathan.. they guys got a super ego.. nothing can touch it nothing can damage it, he believes his own bs..she seems like smart girl but not so smart she didn't slap his stupid face and use the express pass her self..can anyone pm/tell me what phil says as they walk way sounded like 'ouvay' with his hands out. was it like 'crazy' or wtf ?

the amazing_race 'user' never fails to amaze me with their varied opinions on here..

I do agree with you about the board. Definitely. And the twinnies, although I don't believe a penalty should be issued if it didn't violate a race rule, despite the fact that it was utterly wrong.

I do have weird opinions sometimes. I do love the odd dysfunctional team. Jonathan & Victoria added entertainment on the show that has never been seen since, in my opinion.