The Amazing Race Forums

Sunday 8:00 PM on CBSIn Season

22.5 "Your Tan is Totally Cool!" 3/17/13

  • Avatar of SabrinaColema

    SabrinaColema

    [1]Mar 17, 2013
    • member since: 12/30/10
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 306

    Discuss your thoughts on the episode!


    I personally think this episode would have been a lot better if we weren't completely spoiled with the elimination result 10 minutes in. At first I thought they would still continue on and eliminate the team that arrives last (double elimination), but they would never do that, lol.


    We've been getting tons of team interaction this season, love it.


    With Dave & Connor quitting, the episode lacked complete suspense and was just boring. Though, I am happy they're finally gone!


    I felt bad for Wynona in her little "speech" at the Pit Stop. Lol @ her doing only 1 Roadblock so far and Chuck 5 already.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Colin_Rob_Rock

    Colin_Rob_Rock

    [2]Mar 17, 2013
    • member since: 01/27/13
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 743

    I agree there was practicly no suspence I hoped that the last team to arrive would get eliminated but I doubted they would. Another part of me is happy that it wasn't a double elimination because then there might have been non-elims or TBC legs which I hate. I hated that Dave/Connor quit. If they knew they were gonna quit they should have done it right after the injury.
    How is it that Bates/Anthony leave places first but people that leave after them beat them to locations. They don't show them getting lost or anything. I think Chuck/Wynona are on borrowed time right now. She is gonna have to start doing roadblocks and I don't think she can. There have been roadblocks that she could have done like this weeks for example non-physical.
    I didn't like the roadblock it seemed stupid. What is the point in having the show again. First I thought that the message was gonna change each time which would have made things harder but it was the same message each time so what was the point.


    Love: Bates/Anothony
    Like: Max/Katie, Caroline/Jennifer
    Middle: Chuck/Wynona
    Hate: Joey/Meghan, Pam/Winnie, Mona/Beth

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of amazing_race

    amazing_race

    [3]Mar 18, 2013
    • member since: 04/01/07
    • level: 53
    • rank: Commander in Chief
    • posts: 6,156

    I am VERY concerned for team Chuck & Wynona. She has done one Roadblock (and that one she was forced to do) and shed idnt do today's which required no physical ability. They're gonna struggle even more down the road, and they've barely been scraping by as it is.


    To answer your question about Bates & Anthony, Colin_Rob_Rock, I think they looked relieved when Phil told them they were fourth, so I assume that they actually got very lost and were expecting to be even further behind. It probably just got edited out because it didn't affect too much in this leg other than a couple of positions.


    I am also loving the excess of mingling and team interaction on this race! That had gone out the window in some recent seasons, so it is nice and refreshing to see it!


    Caroline & Jennifer are now my favourite team. I was laughing out loud when they thought they had to actually physically beat someone at the chess game! So funny!


    LOVE: Caroline & Jennifer, Max & Katie, Chuck & Wynona
    LIKE: Mona & Beth
    NEUTRAL: Pam & Winnie
    DISLIKE: Bates & Anthony
    HATE: Joey & Meghan


    I moved Pam & Winnie and Bates & Anthony up one notch each as they didn't do anything annoying for me in this episode. I also moved Mona & Beth down because they are getting boring, although I think they would be a lot more entertaining if they had more airtime.


    I am REALLY looking forward to Africa next week! I am so excited for Botswana! A great place!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Colin_Rob_Rock

    Colin_Rob_Rock

    [4]Mar 18, 2013
    • member since: 01/27/13
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 743

    amazing_race wrote:


    To answer your question about Bates & Anthony, Colin_Rob_Rock, I think they looked relieved when Phil told them they were fourth, so I assume that they actually got very lost and were expecting to be even further behind. It probably just got edited out because it didn't affect too much in this leg other than a couple of positions.


    I am also loving the excess of mingling and team interaction on this race! That had gone out the window in some recent seasons, so it is nice and refreshing to see it!


    Caroline & Jennifer are now my favourite team. I was laughing out loud when they thought they had to actually physically beat someone at the chess game! So funny!


    I also moved Mona & Beth down because they are getting boring, although I think they would be a lot more entertaining if they had more airtime.


    I am REALLY looking forward to Africa next week! I am so excited for Botswana! A great place!



    Yeah I noticed that as well that they were relieved, But they got to the airport behind teams and they got to the detour behind teams,and they got to the U-turn after Joey/Meghan even though they left the detourbefore them. Itseems like theyhave terrible luck with taxies.


    While waiting for the place to open when all the teams were mingling I wonder if Max/Katie were really being friendly or faking it likeinthe begining. Because they didn't seem tobe faking it.


    I was hoping they'd try to do it I think that would have been really funny.
    I loved whensomeoneasked one of the people that they were supposed to place for help.


    I think they have so little airtime because they are so boring.


    They go to Africa very rarley. When was the last time they were there. I don't think they went it21 but I believethey went in 20 i'm not sure. I hope they don't have to eat the scorpions.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Pin_the_Dog

    Pin_the_Dog

    [5]Mar 19, 2013
    • member since: 07/11/12
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 8
    I liked this episode, but I agree that the suspense was gone pretty early with Dave & Connor's withdrawal.

    I liked the Roadblock and really liked the Detours. This was a well-thought-out leg. The song at the Roadblock was very catchy.

    I really don't get why Mona & Beth and Joey & Meghan are getting ganged up on. Just because they were in an alliance? Uh, what are you five teams in right now, then?

    Honestly, Colin_Rob_Rock, you think Mona & Beth are boring, yet you love Bates & Anthony, who are the kings of boredom right now? Seriously. They're just trotted out to say random things they think are funny but clearly are not, just to remind us that they're there, and then pushed back into the background. Also, they're big-ass hypocrites for criticizing Joey & Meghan and Mona & Beth for being in an alliance when they're in one right now!

    Seriously. Looking at your entire love/hate list, you have dubious taste, to say the least. You shouldn't even watch this show. Your tastes are flat-out disgusting.

    As for Africa, they last went in TAR19 and TAR20. They didn't go at all in TAR21.

    LOVE: Pam & Winnie, Mona & Beth, Caroline & Jennifer, and Chuck & Wynona
    LIKE: Max & Katie and Joey & Meghan
    NEUTRAL: None
    DISLIKE: None
    HATE: Bates & Anthony
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Colin_Rob_Rock

    Colin_Rob_Rock

    [6]Mar 19, 2013
    • member since: 01/27/13
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 743

    Pin_the_Dog wrote:
    The song at the Roadblock was very catchy. I really don't get why Mona & Beth and Joey & Meghan are getting ganged up on. Just because they were in an alliance? Uh, what are you five teams in right now, then? Honestly, Colin_Rob_Rock, you think Mona & Beth are boring, yet you love Bates & Anthony, who are the kings of boredom right now? Seriously. They're just trotted out to say random things they think are funny but clearly are not, just to remind us that they're there, and then pushed back into the background. Also, they're big-ass hypocrites for criticizing Joey & Meghan and Mona & Beth for being in an alliance when they're in one right now! Seriously. Looking at your entire love/hate list, you have dubious taste, to say the least. You shouldn't even watch this show. Your tastes are flat-out disgusting. As for Africa, they last went in TAR19 and TAR20. They didn't go at all in TAR21. LOVE: Pam & Winnie, Mona & Beth, Caroline & Jennifer, and Chuck & Wynona LIKE: Max & Katie and Joey & Meghan NEUTRAL: None DISLIKE: None HATE: Bates & Anthony


    I agree about the song. I don't think it's that they were in an alliance it's who they were in an allience with.


    I agree that Bates/Anthony are kinda boring these last few legs but at least they show some emotion. The main reason I love them is that they are HOCKEY BROTHERSand I love Hockey.


    I don't think there is anything wrong with being in an allience. Who are they in an allience with? Just because the teamsagreed to U-Turn a teamdoesn't mean they are in an alleince. I don't recall them critcizing the others for being in an alliance.


    Ouch! That almost hurt. Somthing tells me that the "Your tastes are flat-out disgusting" Comment wasn't just aimed at my love of Bates/Anthony but more at my choice of user name. Wow. I shouldn't even watch the show? I didn't realize my liking teams was so offensive. So I shouldn't mention that Mirna/Charla are my most hated team of all.


    Your user name sounds familiar. Didn't you used to comment on here before with a picture of Brook/Clairor is that someone with a similar name.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Pin_the_Dog

    Pin_the_Dog

    [7]Mar 19, 2013
    • member since: 07/11/12
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 8
    Colin_Rob_Rock wrote:
    I agree that Bates/Anthony are kinda boring these last few legs but at least they show some emotion. The main reason I love them is that they are HOCKEY BROTHERS and I love Hockey.

    I don't think there is anything wrong with being in an allience. Who are they in an allience with? Just because the teamsagreed to U-Turn a team doesn't mean they are in an alleince. I don't recall them critcizing the others for being in an alliance.

    Ouch! That almost hurt. Somthing tells me that the "Your tastes are flat-out disgusting" Comment wasn't just aimed at my love of Bates/Anthony but more at my choice of user name. Wow. I shouldn't even watch the show? I didn't realize my liking teams was so offensive. So I shouldn't mention that Mirna/Charla are my most hated team of all.

    Your user name sounds familiar. Didn't you used to comment on here before with a picture of Brook/Claire or is that someone with a similar name.

    Shallow reason to love them. Sorry, but . . . it just is. Do you even know their careers? I'm guessing not.

    They're aligned with Caroline & Jennifer, which you're apparently too retarded to remember.

    No, you shouldn't. That makes you even more offensive.

    Yes, that was me. That one got banned two years ago. This is a new one.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of eaudra1

    eaudra1

    [8]Mar 20, 2013
    • member since: 06/24/11
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 351

    I really enjoy all the team mingling this season, that used to be a great part of TAR and am so glad it sort of made a comeback.


    Chuck and Wynona are now quite clearly running on a borrowed time, and as Chuck has done so many roadblocks already I just don't think they'll last for long now and unless some other team makes some huge mistake on their way I think this team is as good as already out of the race.


    LOVE: Max and Katie
    LIKE: Chuck and Wynona, Mona and Beth (sorry team, but you are kind of boring),
    NEUTRAL: Bates and Anthony, Pam and Winnie
    DISLIKE: Caroline and Jennifer, Joey and Meghan
    HATE: n/a

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Colin_Rob_Rock

    Colin_Rob_Rock

    [9]Mar 20, 2013
    • member since: 01/27/13
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 743

    Pin_the_Dog wrote:
    Colin_Rob_Rock wrote:
    I agree that Bates/Anthony are kinda boring these last few legs but at least they show some emotion. The main reason I love them is that they are HOCKEY BROTHERS and I love Hockey. I don't think there is anything wrong with being in an allience. Who are they in an allience with? Just because the teamsagreed to U-Turn a team doesn't mean they are in an alleince. I don't recall them critcizing the others for being in an alliance. Ouch! That almost hurt. Somthing tells me that the "Your tastes are flat-out disgusting" Comment wasn't just aimed at my love of Bates/Anthony but more at my choice of user name. Wow. I shouldn't even watch the show? I didn't realize my liking teams was so offensive. So I shouldn't mention that Mirna/Charla are my most hated team of all. Your user name sounds familiar. Didn't you used to comment on here before with a picture of Brook/Claire or is that someone with a similar name.
    Shallow reason to love them. Sorry, but . . . it just is. Do you even know their careers? I'm guessing not. They're aligned with Caroline & Jennifer, which you're apparently too retarded to remember. No, you shouldn't. That makes you even more offensive. Yes, that was me. That one got banned two years ago. This is a new one.


    Why is that a shallow reason to love them. I heard of Bates when he was in the NHL.


    I don't concider what they do with Caroline/Jennifer an allience. They are hardly together and I don't think they help each other. I'm not going to argue with the retarted comment but my memory is just fine.


    Not that I care about being offensive but how is me hating Mirna (the reason I hate team)offensive.


    How did you get banned? I guess it's a good thing I didn't mention hating Brook/Clair. Mainly Clair.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Colin_Rob_Rock

    Colin_Rob_Rock

    [10]Mar 20, 2013
    • member since: 01/27/13
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 743

    eaudra1 wrote:


    Mona and Beth (sorry team, but you are kind of boring)




    See i'm not the only one who thinks they are boring.


    Like your picture by the way eaudra1. Amy Pond.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Pin_the_Dog

    Pin_the_Dog

    [11]Mar 21, 2013
    • member since: 07/11/12
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 8
    Colin_Rob_Rock wrote:

    Pin_the_Dog wrote:
    Colin_Rob_Rock wrote:
    I agree that Bates/Anthony are kinda boring these last few legs but at least they show some emotion. The main reason I love them is that they are HOCKEY BROTHERS and I love Hockey. I don't think there is anything wrong with being in an allience. Who are they in an allience with? Just because the teamsagreed to U-Turn a team doesn't mean they are in an alleince. I don't recall them critcizing the others for being in an alliance. Ouch! That almost hurt. Somthing tells me that the "Your tastes are flat-out disgusting" Comment wasn't just aimed at my love of Bates/Anthony but more at my choice of user name. Wow. I shouldn't even watch the show? I didn't realize my liking teams was so offensive. So I shouldn't mention that Mirna/Charla are my most hated team of all. Your user name sounds familiar. Didn't you used to comment on here before with a picture of Brook/Claire or is that someone with a similar name.
    Shallow reason to love them. Sorry, but . . . it just is. Do you even know their careers? I'm guessing not. They're aligned with Caroline & Jennifer, which you're apparently too retarded to remember. No, you shouldn't. That makes you even more offensive. Yes, that was me. That one got banned two years ago. This is a new one.


    Why is that a shallow reason to love them. I heard of Bates when he was in the NHL.


    I don't concider what they do with Caroline/Jennifer an allience. They are hardly together and I don't think they help each other. I'm not going to argue with the retarted comment but my memory is just fine.


    Not that I care about being offensive but how is me hating Mirna (the reason I hate team)offensive.


    How did you get banned? I guess it's a good thing I didn't mention hating Brook/Clair. Mainly Clair.


    Because you only know about their current occupations. Do you base your feelings about them on ANYTHING else? Nope. So . . . shallow.

    They consider it that. So do the girls. Watch Insiders on CBS.com or YouTube and see what I mean. They mention numerous times that they see themselves as allies.

    I owe you no damn explanation on the rest, though.

    As for your next post, eaudra1 still put them in his generally positive category, so the "boring" part I don't care about.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Colin_Rob_Rock

    Colin_Rob_Rock

    [12]Mar 21, 2013
    • member since: 01/27/13
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 743

    Pin_the_Dog wrote:
    Colin_Rob_Rock wrote:


    Pin_the_Dog wrote:
    Colin_Rob_Rock wrote:
    I agree that Bates/Anthony are kinda boring these last few legs but at least they show some emotion. The main reason I love them is that they are HOCKEY BROTHERS and I love Hockey. I don't think there is anything wrong with being in an allience. Who are they in an allience with? Just because the teamsagreed to U-Turn a team doesn't mean they are in an alleince. I don't recall them critcizing the others for being in an alliance. Ouch! That almost hurt. Somthing tells me that the "Your tastes are flat-out disgusting" Comment wasn't just aimed at my love of Bates/Anthony but more at my choice of user name. Wow. I shouldn't even watch the show? I didn't realize my liking teams was so offensive. So I shouldn't mention that Mirna/Charla are my most hated team of all. Your user name sounds familiar. Didn't you used to comment on here before with a picture of Brook/Claire or is that someone with a similar name.
    Shallow reason to love them. Sorry, but . . . it just is. Do you even know their careers? I'm guessing not. They're aligned with Caroline & Jennifer, which you're apparently too retarded to remember. No, you shouldn't. That makes you even more offensive. Yes, that was me. That one got banned two years ago. This is a new one.


    Why is that a shallow reason to love them. I heard of Bates when he was in the NHL.


    I don't concider what they do with Caroline/Jennifer an allience. They are hardly together and I don't think they help each other. I'm not going to argue with the retarted comment but my memory is just fine.


    Not that I care about being offensive but how is me hating Mirna (the reason I hate team)offensive.


    How did you get banned? I guess it's a good thing I didn't mention hating Brook/Clair. Mainly Clair.


    Because you only know about their current occupations. Do you base your feelings about them on ANYTHING else? Nope. So . . . shallow. They consider it that. So do the girls. Watch Insiders on CBS.com or YouTube and see what I mean. They mention numerous times that they see themselves as allies. I owe you no damn explanation on the rest, though. As for your next post, eaudra1 still put them in his generally positive category, so the "boring" part I don't care about.


    I said the main reason I like them is because theyplayHockey or at least used to. They also seem like a good strong team. And I usually like the brother teams with a few exceptions.


    In that you are right and they are in an allience. I still don't remember them critizing the others for being in an allience but maybe I missed that part.


    You don't owe me an explanation on any of it. It was kind of a rhetorical question I was justsurprised you got banned and didn't even know that was possible.


    I don't hate them because they are boring. They just annoy me when they do show up.


    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of dapa091

    dapa091

    [13]Mar 23, 2013
    • member since: 12/10/06
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 818
    Pin, please don't be so rude to your fellow posters. Our opinions may be different though you don't need to come off as a massive prick to prove your point.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Colin_Rob_Rock

    Colin_Rob_Rock

    [14]Mar 24, 2013
    • member since: 01/27/13
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 743

    dapa091 wrote:
    Pin, please don't be so rude to your fellow posters. Our opinions may be different though you don't need to come off as a massive prick to prove your point.


    Thank you for the support.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of j19000

    j19000

    [16]Mar 25, 2013
    • member since: 01/11/07
    • level: 50
    • rank: Airwolf
    • posts: 1,525

    Well well look who it is. Still wasting your time flaming other people's opinions to make yourself look better, heartless jerk. Obviously you don't care about who you hurt in the process, or friendships which makes me wonder why you even bother to be here.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of dapa091

    dapa091

    [17]Mar 25, 2013
    • member since: 12/10/06
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 818
    Oh yes, as if Pin's opinions are the "correct" opinions. Get over yourself.

    Bates/Anthony were pretty good this leg and are amazing in the next leg.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of amazing_race

    amazing_race

    [18]Mar 25, 2013
    • member since: 04/01/07
    • level: 53
    • rank: Commander in Chief
    • posts: 6,156

    While I do agree with Pin's opinion, the way you have expressed it is classless and toxic. You don't need to agree with someone else's opinion, but you don't need to attack them for it either.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of PaulCarroll2

    PaulCarroll2

    [19]Mar 25, 2013
    • member since: 09/13/12
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 4

    What I thought was interesting is that no one has mentioned how the entire episode seemed more to glorify the Communist party than it did to show culture. I suppose Vietnam was able to decide what could be shown. Seems like they could have at least had a stop at the Hanoi Hilton for a food-eating contest or something similar. I wonder if there is any video of one of the teams even looking at the B-52 wreckage in the park? Anyway, that was not a high point of the Series for me.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Colin_Rob_Rock

    Colin_Rob_Rock

    [20]Mar 25, 2013
    • member since: 01/27/13
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 743

    Pin_the_Dog wrote:
    Colin_Rob_Rock wrote:


    dapa091 wrote:
    Pin, please don't be so rude to your fellow posters. Our opinions may be different though you don't need to come off as a massive prick to prove your point.


    Thank you for the support.


    Shut up, both of you. I'll be as rude and nasty as I want as long they do differ from mine. Morons.


    Are you mad now that I thanked someone for the support. Just because youhate my opinions doesn't mean you have to insult everyone.You're not being that rude or nasty. At least not bad enough to be banned.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.