The Amazing Race Forums

Sunday 8:00 PM on CBSIn Season

22.8 "My Cheese is Out of Control" 4/14/13

SabrinaColema

[1]Apr 14, 2013
    • level: 9

Discuss the episode here!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Colin_Rob_Rock

[2]Apr 14, 2013
    • level: 10

I found the episode kinda boring with all the trains and catch up points. You could skip to the first four teams getting to the cheese task and not miss anything.

That said the end of the episode was great even though they survived. Am I the only one whose heart droped when Chuck/Wynona got the penelty. I mean I jumped up in joy when Chuck/Wynona Arrived then Phil brought me back down.

Of course I am extatic that Bates/Anthony won the leg. Threein a row and fourth so fargot love it.

The switchback was better then last seasons but not as good as the first time around.

Love: BATES/ANTHONY
    Like: Max/Katie, Caroline/Jen
    Hate: Joey/Meghan, Mona/Beth

amazing_race

[3]Apr 15, 2013
    • level: 53

Absolutely awful episode for me. I'm going to keep my comments short because this isn't worth my time.

The episode was literally just an advertisement for the Swiss railway system. The Roadblock was pointless. Just walking across a plank. There was no Detour which automatically makes the leg a trainwreck to some extent.

The cheese task was nice to see - especially in snow.

Chuck & Wynona's penalty was ridiculous. Every team in TAR14 was rolling the cheese down the hill in that way. If they are changing the rules, don't call it a Switchback.

Where are the TASKS!?!?!? It was just train here, train there.

LOVE: Caroline & Jennifer, Max & Katie
    LIKE: Mona
    NEUTRAL: Beth
    DISLIKE: Meghan
    HATE: Joey, Bates & Anthony

The next episode preview does not have me excited. Another heights task... right after the RB we just had.

The only thing that made this episode bearable was the beautiful Swiss scenery. But whata waste of one of the most beautiful countries on the planet by spamming trains.

Colin_Rob_Rock

[4]Apr 15, 2013

amazing_race wrote:

Chuck & Wynona's penalty was ridiculous. Every team in TAR14 was rolling the cheese down the hill in that way. If they are changing the rules, don't call it a Switchback.

The next episode preview does not have me excited. Another heights task... right after the RB we just had.

I think that why changed it so that it wouldn't be like S14. When I saw Wynona roll them I hoped it wouldn't be a problem. How were the teams expected to do it.

There have been a lot of height tasks this season.

Is it just me or does it seem like the final challenge is going to be animal related.

j19000

[5]Apr 15, 2013
    • level: 50

After this fairly pointless Swiss episode, I have lost all my remaining hopes for the rest of the season despite it being Europe & The UK.

I am just going to keep the absolutely fantastic Seasons 3 and 5-7 in my heart of brilliant Amazing Race times and re-watch that a dozen times. I'd like to point out an honourable mention to Season 15 and the last five legs of Season 18.

Tasks are pointless in today's show, the casting is horrible and they need to be visiting new destinations. If I gave my input for Europe this season I would have picked Montenegro, Spain (again because it's exciting), Monaco, Switzerland and the Amalfi coast of Italy.

AdaHui

[6]Apr 16, 2013
    • level: 6
    While I'm absolutely thrilled that Anthony and Bates won another leg, I'm totally bummed that Chuck & Wynonna are out. I was so happy that Joey & Megan made the dumb move of not taking a cab but I guess it was too much to get rid of Joey and his gawd awful scream.

But as sad as I am to see Chuck & Wynonna out, I'm glad too because Chuck was just rude to poor Wynonna. I would have brained him with the sled in her position. Seriously, guys like that on the show, you know what your partner is like, so stop freakin' out when you aren't winning those 100m dashes! Ugh, sorry one part I hate about the shows is when the other partner berates them relentlessly.

Anthony & Bates athletic conditioning seemed to really help them in this episode especially going up the mountain but the real help had to go out to Katie and keeping everyone from making it up in time to catch the boys lol So big assist to her haha

I think my favorite part of this episode (and yes, there weren't many) was the St. Bernards! What cutie-pies! I wish they had done more of a task with them instead of just delivering them.

amazing_race

[7]Apr 16, 2013

Colin_Rob_Rock wrote:

amazing_race wrote:

I think that why changed it so that it wouldn't be like S14. When I saw Wynona roll them I hoped it wouldn't be a problem. How were the teams expected to do it.

Is it just me or does it seem like the final challenge is going to be animal related.

An animal-related tas k could be very possible. A similar ending to TAR3 perhaps?

Colin_Rob_Rock

[8]Apr 17, 2013

amazing_race wrote:

Colin_Rob_Rock wrote:

amazing_race wrote:

An animal-related tas k could be very possible. A similar ending to TAR3 perhaps?

I'm hoping for something a little more complicated. Season 3 was just three animals I think.

amazing_race

[9]Apr 18, 2013

Colin_Rob_Rock wrote:

amazing_race wrote:

Colin_Rob_Rock wrote:

amazing_race wrote:

I'm hoping for something a little more complicated. Season 3 was just three animals I think.

It was five, but yeah, hopefully it will be a bit more complex.