The Amazing Race Forums

Sunday 8:00 PM on CBSIn Season

22.9 "The Ultimate Fun House" 4/21/13

SabrinaColema

[1]Apr 21, 2013
    • level: 9

Discuss your thoughts here!

Much better episode than the last!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Colin_Rob_Rock

[2]Apr 21, 2013
    • level: 10

I agree it was better at least they did some tasks. I thought the roadblock was stupid. It seemed to easy. The detours were OK the train seemed easier but apprently wasn't.

I didn't understand why Bates/Anthony switched detours. I think they should have gone back and gotten another letter.

The end freaked me out. I kept hoping that Bates/Anthony would survive. I was surprised that it was a non-Elimination.

The preview for the next episode worries me espesially with the u-turn. How did they get on a better flight. Maybe opening times will tie them up.

Love: Bates/Anthony
    Like: Caroline/Jennifer
    Hate: Mona/Beth, Joey/Meghan

AdaHui

[3]Apr 22, 2013
    • level: 6
    OMG, did the boys cut it close! I had a feeling it was a non-elimination but I'm so glad Anthony/Bates snuck in for 4th spot.

Did it seem weird to anyone else that they were so bunched together to start with and then it just all stretched out? Majority of the challnges were done with no other teams around. Seemed so odd to me.

I think they boys switched detours was because the distance was so far. It seemed like they'd been walking for a long time already and to have to go back, get another one and still walk back to where they currently were and eventually to the museum was just going to take too long. Smart decision but I just wish they'd been more careful with their letters!

How on earth did Bates' bag get stolen though?

Basically the standings after tonight's episode is completely reverse for me. I'd rather see the boys in first, the derby moms and country girls battling for 2nd/3rd and frankly, I want to see no more of Joey/Meghan and Max/Katie.

Also glad I never have to go into that freaky fun house!

amazing_race

[4]Apr 22, 2013
    • level: 53

I really enjoyed the episode! Huge improvement on last week! And I love night legs in general.

So stoked that Max & Katie pulled through! I hope they can maintain this newfound success!

Caroline & Jennifer being more fierce and cutthroat was great! Although Jennifer seems to have a harder time with it that Caroline.

The Detour was awesome! The Roadblock was cool. I liked the whole leg. I was expecting a NEL - recent seasons have favoured a Final Five NEL (not counting last season) as the last NEL.

LOVE: Max & Katie, Caroline & Jennifer
    LIKE: Mona & Beth
    NEUTRAL: N/A
    DISLIKE: Meghan
    HATE: Joey, Bates & Anthony

amazing_race

[5]Apr 22, 2013

Next episode looks great! Looks like a stereotypical Scottish leg! And I can't wait to see the Double U-Turn in play!

Colin_Rob_Rock

[6]Apr 22, 2013

I realied that Joey/Meghan can't use the U-turn which makes me feel better.

eaudra1

[7]Apr 22, 2013
    • level: 8

Vow, after last episode this one was so much of an improvement I really cheered for Max and Katie during this leg, though they've also became my most favorite team on this season, and was so happy when they indeed did snatch the first place win. Good thing that it was NEL, so my team stil has a shot. Alas I'm yet once more disappointed that there seemingly won't be a relief from Joey, and we'll have to stick with him for yet awhile.

LOVE: Max and Katie
    LIKE: Mona and Beth, Caroline and Jennifer
    NEUTRAL: Bates and Anthony
    DISLIKE: Meghan
    HATE: Joey

amazing_race

[8]Apr 23, 2013

Colin_Rob_Rock wrote:

I'm not really sure what the rules are when it comes to Blind U-Turns. When they used to do the U-Turn using paper, teh team would put their piece of paper photograph in the 'Courtesy Of' section, but they could keep that piece of paper if the U-Turn was blind, and assumably use it later at a non-blind U-Turn. But with these weird screens, I don't know if things have changed...

Colin_Rob_Rock

[9]Apr 23, 2013

amazing_race wrote:

Colin_Rob_Rock wrote:

I'm not really sure what the rules are when it comes to Blind U-Turns. When they used to do the U-Turn using paper, teh team would put their piece of paper photograph in the 'Courtesy Of' section, but they could keep that piece of paper if the U-Turn was blind, and assumably use it later at a non-blind U-Turn. But with these weird screens, I don't know if things have changed...

I don't think that will matter as least I hope it won't beacuse A) it will help them and B) I know who they'll U-turn.

I hope the plane gets delayed.

j19000

[10]Apr 23, 2013
    • level: 50

I really enjoyed this week's leg, probably the best of the season. Huge improvement over last week, and as such it has my high score.

I like all teams remaining except for Joey & Meghan, hope the're next to go.

Berlin was a nice reminder of it's last visit on TAR6, with a revisit to the Brandenburg Gate. That was the location of one of the worst outbursts in Amazing Race history with Jonathan pushing Victoria on camera. Nevertheless this was a fantastic leg with many additional tasks and the best leg since Mallorca, Spain from last season, and the premiere of TAR22.

I especially enjoyed the car challenges, the jump and the letters side of the Detour. Good outcome, a fairly predictable non-elimination leg but that does not matter. This is the first episode we've had in a very long time to get everything right, with a good number of tasks, balance, suspense and location.

I am cheering for Bates & Anthony to win at this point, but also Max & Katie and Caroline & Jennifer.