The Amazing Race Forums

Friday 8:00 PM on CBSIn Season

24.1 "Back In The Saddle" 2-23-14

skbrettbug

[1]Feb 23, 2014
    • level: 20

Would anyone be against me creating these to increase TAR-related activity on the forum? I don't think SabrinaColema comes here anymore

If you haven't seen the episode you will probably be spoiled by this thread!!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

skbrettbug

[2]Feb 23, 2014

And now to discuss the eppy.

Overall pretty good, I'm happy about the outcome. The two teams I really don't like got last place.

What a shame about Bopper/Mark...that's never happened before. Difficult situation now because Mallory and Mark don't know each other as well as Bopper and Mark.

Jet and Cord doing much differently than their last time around Exact opposite placing for the first leg!

Proud of Dave and Connor.

Thoughts?

joepetrizzo7

[3]Feb 23, 2014
    • level: 11
    What do you mean by exact opposite placing?

The first legs need more tasks really and that roadblock was a useless waste of time. It didn't even look interesting, fun or scary. I was underwhelmed by the whole thing. I don't understand why they gave Mark a new partner instead of bringing in an alternate team. They probably had one on standby.

amazing_race

[4]Feb 24, 2014
    • level: 55

I'm all for these threads, skbrettbug! We used to have great weekly discussion so I hope it happens again!

joepetrizzo - I think by opposite placing he was referring to Jet & Cord's TAR18 result on Leg 1 in which they were last (the TBC leg) and now the team got first.

My thoughts of the episode was that the Cowboys were actually more bearable than I've ever seen them before - probably because there are so many teams I hate more than them!!

Afghan - yuck.

Twins - yuck.

Margie & Luke - go away.

Joey & Meghan - thank god you didn't get any more screentime that would be bad.

FT & BE - the only of the 3 3-peat teams I like and they didn't get much screentime sadly.

Brendon & Rachel - love! They rocked it!

Dave & Connor - all right. No mention of caancer was a plus TBH.

Caroline & Jennifer - completely LOVE their cluelessness and their netx episode preview!!

Jessica & John - their joking attitude towards their obviously foolish error last time was really enjoyable!

Bopper & Mark - very sad what happened to Bopper, but I love this hybrid team! They are so great!

Overall, I just enjoyed seeing the Twins struggled badly. Not much else happened in this episode. Good riddancce. Goodbye. Don't come back.

skbrettbug

[5]Feb 24, 2014

Probably said this before but I didn't like the cowboys second time around, I loved them the first though. Revival time?

Agree with you on Dave/Connor.

If Mallory and Mark wins that would be uncanny because they are the second team to be hybrid!

eaudra1

[6]Feb 24, 2014
    • level: 8

For a season with so many teams I'm not excited about and wish 'em gone as soon as possible, quite a good start of a race. Since I've always enjoyed cowboys, this time round they're even more fun to watch.

Surprise surprise but I kind of enjoy Brenchel so far. So far they work well, but well let's just wait for some meltdown to see if that's for sure, eh?

And I love the surprise Team Kentucky pairing. Welcome back Mallory! Just hope that they'll do well enough and last long enough to enjoy more of them. So far they're a total Joker team, since that's complete strangers racing. Good luck though.

LOVE: Cowboys, Mark/Mallory, FT/BE,
    LIKE: Brenchel, Caroline/Jennifer
    NEUTRAL: John/Jessica, Joey/Meghan (I'd put them in Dislike section, but showing some support for my pool option), Dave/Connor
    DISLIKE: Twinies (good riddance)
    HATE: Leo/Jammal (yuck), Margie/Luke (sorry bionic woman, but I can't stand cry baby Luke)

joepetrizzo7

[7]Feb 24, 2014
    Dave/Connor, Jet/Cord, Brenchel and Leo/Jamal were much more tolerable this time around so far. I felt like most of the teams raced the same way they did the last time. The twinnies were chaotic as usual and without Trey/Lexi and Jaymes/James to lead them they fell behind which is exactly what happened in Spain and France.

amazing_race

[8]Feb 24, 2014
    • level: 55

LOVE: Caroline & Jennifer, Brendon & Rachel, Jessica & John, Mark & Mallory, Flight Time & Big Easy
    LIKE: Dave & Connor
    NEUTRAL: Jet & Cord (surprisingly!!)

DISLIKE: Meghan
    HATE: Joey, Leo & Jamal, Margie & Luke, Natalie & Nadiya

Felt like doing this also lol.

skbrettbug

[9]Feb 24, 2014
    I like Joey more than Meghan lol

EdgeOfThorns316

[10]Feb 24, 2014
    Can I just say.....losing Bopper before the show even started took the wind out of my sails so badly. I love this show, im just in love with it....but man I was so excited for Bopper as for me he was one of the most fun dudes to watch.

I hope they give him and Mark a chance to come back.

What pisses me off is before this filmed they knew Bopper was out obviously, so I just hate how they sort of had them in the HYPE of it all, bopper and mark returning and here all along the twist wasn't a twist, just a freaking disappointment.

Overall...I think itll be a fun season, excited for it and Survivor. Im glad Brendon and Rachel are back.

And I love me some Caroline, I don't know but that chick just owns my everything lol

skbrettbug

[11]Feb 24, 2014
    Yea, calling it a twist was stupid

People said it would be mark and Mallory, I see why

ltcomstella

[12]Feb 24, 2014
    • level: 18

karma is indeed strong on this one.

Colin_Rob_Rock

[13]Feb 25, 2014
    • level: 12

I enjoyed most of the episode J/J and Brenchel poking fun at themselves was great. I knew That Bopper wasn't going to race but it still hurt. Everytime they showed You/Tube or Twinnie sucked Except when they got booted.

Jet/CordI found to be as annoying as ever. If Someone calls Margi the Bionic women again I might scream. At no point at any season did she show her self to be a bionic women I mean at one point she feinted.

Love: J/J, Brenchel, Dave/Connor

Like: Caroline/Jennifer, Mark/Mallory

Neutral: FT/BE

Dislike: Jet/Cord, Margie/Luke

Hate: Joey/Meghan, Twinnie, Leo/Jamal

ltcomstella

[14]Feb 25, 2014
    • level: 18

one thing that i hate about team you tube is how over the top/goofy/ camp/ high on drugs, or just really bad hammy actors playing a role under the pretense they are just silly people or all of the above. in short fake/staged.

then there's team brennchel who last time around i got fed up with rachel, quite frankly her pathetic nasal whining and drama over such trivial little things.. poor guy.. she must be either good in bed or is easy meat or just has a family who is rich ?

then team jj (aka i don't need a million dollars guy) i hope he shows some better judgement this time, he was kinda stupid previously but that moment pretty much made him look like a total hypocrite.

team 'cancer survivor/achilles snap' i hope they do well as they were great to watch last time around with the small exception of constantly reminding us about the cancer.. no sign of that in this opener

the globes again ?? i like them but i do wonder why they need the money surely they earned a ton from basket ball ?

afgans well the thread i made covers that one.

twinnies and team country singers who thought they were a good idea seriously ?

margie and luke, i dunno why people hate them so much, luke seems a nice lad prone to odd blunders and a bit emotional but there are far worse teams out there who have done way worse.

team cowboy again i enjoy them and i don't see why people hate them.

mallory always fun to watch and with mark..that can't last long can it ?

skbrettbug

[15]Feb 25, 2014
    Margie and Luke are worse the third time around.

Taylorg8

[16]Feb 25, 2014
    • level: 13
    LOVE: Brenchel, Twinnies
    LIKE: Caroline and Jennifer, Dave and Connor(Almost LOVE), Mark/Mallory
    NEUTRAL: Leo/Jamal(For now until they get annoying again!), Margie/Luke, FT/BE, John and Jessica
    DISLIKE: Jet and Cord
    HATE: Joey/Meghan

This is based off the premiere mostly. I didn't hate some of the teams as much, and I have never seen Margie & Luke or FT & BE. I do know that Margie and Luke aren't really as popular as they are made out to be and the same with Jet and Cord.

joepetrizzo7

[17]Feb 26, 2014
    I honestly felt like we didn't get to see enough of the teams this episode. I would have liked significantly less screen time for Bopper/Mark.

Colin_Rob_Rock

[18]Feb 26, 2014
    • level: 12

ltcomstellayou don't watch big Brother do you. Brandon Apparently Loves Rachel for her mind

skbrettbug

[19]Feb 26, 2014
    Colin_Rob_Rock wrote:
    ltcomstellayou don't watch big Brother do you. Brandon Apparently Loves Rachel for her mind

I thought you didn't watch BB either.

She doesn't show her mind that well

EdgeOfThorns316

[20]Feb 26, 2014

joepetrizzo7 wrote:
    I honestly felt like we didn't get to see enough of the teams this episode. I would have liked significantly less screen time for Bopper/Mark.

lol what? They had about 5 minutes in the beginning and it was terrible Bopper got sick, the dude is awesome.