The Amazing Race Forums

Sunday 8:00 PM on CBSIn Season

24.10 "Bull Down" 5-4-14

skbrettbug

[1]May 4, 2014
    • level: 19

Discussion for episode 10.

Spoilers are allowed for this and previous episodes ONLY.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

joepetrizzo7

[2]May 4, 2014
    • level: 9
    If Dave and Connor mention how they got U-Turned one more time.... I didn't really like Jet and Cord but I am curious as to how the country girls beat them to the U-Turn. The flamenco place was probably closer, I guess. I just wonder if they had gotten there first, if they would have used the U-Turn.

frontman19

[3]May 5, 2014
    • level: 14

Well, there goes my favorite team. As much as I don't like rooting for alliances, I dislike Brendan and Rachel enough that I don't mind the alliance, especially since it's probably going to break up the next episode. Although it does get kind of annoying whenever Dave and Connor complain about being U-turned, I still like them a lot.

eaudra1

[4]May 5, 2014
    • level: 8

Dang it, so my favorite team is out . Now I really hope Brenchel keeps on kicking, and some of the 'alliance' teams won't make it to the F3.

Now it's official TAR24 won't be on my any list of top favorites

amazing_race

[5]May 5, 2014
    • level: 53

Hates the Cowboys for over two seasons, and it is a real shame that they get eliminated just when they climb to become my 2nd favourite - mainly because they aren't part of the accidental alliance.

I really hope the Brenchels and only the Brenchels come out on top. The others are unbearable. Country Singers would be 2nd preference but I can barely stand them nowadays...

marknmo

[6]May 5, 2014
    • level: 12
    I loved seeing Brenchel beat the Afghanimals to the pit stop. The looks on their faces were priceless.

I was disappointed that the Cowboys were eliminated, as they were the second of only two tolerable teams left for me. It's a shame that they didn't find the U-Turn before the Country Singers, but I have a feeling they wouldn't have known who to U-Turn and probably would have just gone with Brenchel instead of the Country Singers.

I really hope that Brenchel pull off the win, but the editing is pairing all of the Accidental Alliance triumphs with the hero music, so I feel like one of them is going to win for sure and that Brenchel is supposed to be the team we're rooting against. I still think an Afghanimal or Dave & Connor win is coming, though I'm leaning towards an Afghanimal win.

I thought that Running with the Balls challenge looked insanely difficult and dangerous. There were so many hard edges the teams could have slammed their shins into, like the concrete sidewalks and steps, and the corners of the buildings. Part of me really wanted to see the Country Singers get U-Turned into doing that challenge since I can't stand them anymore. >

I dunno who'll be eliminated next week, but I'm hoping so bad that it's Dave & Connor. It'll be so nice to see them eliminated so that we can try to get through the finale episode without anyone mentioned that goddamned U-Turn! Sorry, but I'm so sick of them not hanging onto that pity fruit. It's gotten to the point that it's ruining the season for me, which is a shame, because before all that happened, I thought this was one of their better seasons in a while. Ever since then, it seems like over half of the air time is devoted to that storyline, which lead to the worst alliance I could imagine at this point. Add to the fact that the Cowboys were just eliminated over any of those three teams, and this season nose-dived quickly for me.

The previews show Rachel freaking out again. I think the stress of everyone working against them is getting to her finally, since she was starting her whine sessions somewhat in this past episode. I've enjoyed her and Brendon a lot this season, cause they've seemed to have it together this time around, so I'm hoping she can get a grip quickly next week.

joepetrizzo7

[7]May 5, 2014
    I don't know why the country singers thought Brenchel was behind them. I would like to see the Afghanimals win as they have calmed down a lot and actually enjoy and appreciate the race. Brenchel wouldn't be bad either. I cant stand Dave and Connor and the Caroline and Jennifer haven't done enough to justify winning

ltcomstella

[8]May 5, 2014
    • level: 18

sorry guys n gals but the brenchel SHOULD NOT WIN.

no one that naive, stupid, wimpy, pathetic, sanctimonious and preachy deserves too..

but oh how i laughed at you getting owned by those bulls especially when brendon starting mouthing off and one punted him in to the doorway and out of sight. this alone made the episode worth watching !

yes rachel just stand around and whine nasally instead of running around or attacking them...get owned....wah stop bullying me wah it hurts, wah let me get up, wah i can't see wah brendon help me, wah wah... lol 'smug face'

joepetrizzo7

[9]May 5, 2014
    What really bothers me about the Brenchels is not Rachel's whining. It is how Brendan feels the need to be the playground monitor every time the slightest thing happens. For instance, when Rachel's balloon popped and he acted like someone tried to murder her. I just don't see how their behavior could be likeable.

amazing_race

[10]May 12, 2014

The reason Brenchel are so likeable, at least for me, is that they have been antagonised for no reason on both races now and continue to overcome the odds stacked against them.

She mihgt cry and whinge and it is understandable why some may see this as annoying, but at least she knows this is a game unlike some people.

joepetrizzo7

[11]May 12, 2014
    amazing_race wrote:

The reason Brenchel are so likeable, at least for me, is that they have been antagonised for no reason on both races now and continue to overcome the odds stacked against them.

She mihgt cry and whinge and it is understandable why some may see this as annoying, but at least she knows this is a game unlike some people.

That is true. They are definitely in it to win unlike others who want to make friends.

eaudra1

[12]May 13, 2014
    • level: 8

Excactly I like Brenchel for pretty much the same reasons as you. Yeah, she often gets whiny (at least somewhat less the second tiem round), but they're playing the game, and understanding it's a game, so I like them.

Actually loud and whiny teams aren't all that bad in general. If such team is fun and entertaining to watch, creates nice suspense, and maybe shakes the whole season a bit I'm all in, until it goes as far as Jonathan and Vicotria's drama which was so over the top.

amazing_race

[13]May 14, 2014

eaudra1 wrote:

Excactly I like Brenchel for pretty much the same reasons as you. Yeah, she often gets whiny (at least somewhat less the second tiem round), but they're playing the game, and understanding it's a game, so I like them.

Actually loud and whiny teams aren't all that bad in general. If such team is fun and entertaining to watch, creates nice suspense, and maybe shakes the whole season a bit I'm all in, until it goes as far as Jonathan and Vicotria's drama which was so over the top.

That's also true - Brenchel almost reminds me of my favourite team of all time (Flo & Zach) in that regard