The Amazing Race Forums

Sunday 8:00 PM on CBSIn Season

24.2 "Baby Bear's Soup" 3-2-14

skbrettbug

[1]Mar 3, 2014
    • level: 19

Discuss the episode.

Spoilers are allowed up to this episode only. If you haven't seen the episode hit the back button now!!!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

skbrettbug

[2]Mar 3, 2014
    Don't care for the team that won, don't care for the team that lost.

'Nuff said

eaudra1

[3]Mar 3, 2014
    • level: 8

OMG, while Mallory was IMO responsible for Mark's backpack being left behind, I just could not believe that he was so stubborn about going back to get it. This is TAR after all, and there were plenty of examples of teams doing well without backpacks as long as they still got their passports on them. Anyway, since this leg Team Kentucky really had troubles communicating with each other, it might be for the best they're out before they became unberable

Loved how singers were saved by the Express Pass cowboys are gentlemen, and if they're not totally against some team (e.g. TAR16 lesbians and their attempt at learning how cowboys got there so fast), they can be manipulated to help or something.

Surprised no team chose to do the other side of the detour. It might have been longer (or not), but it would've been much easier that trying to keep that freaking feather thing up in the air IMO

Surprisingly Leo and Jammal are indeed less annoying, though I still don't like them much, but this is an improvement. Meanwhile Luke is really getting on my nerves and pushing all my wrong buttons. Can I smack him on a head or something to make him unconscious and less annoying?

LOVE: Cowboys, FT/BE
    LIKE: Brenchel, Caroline/Jennifer (good job on getting that Express Pass)
    NEUTRAL: John/Jessica, Joey/Meghan, Dave/Connor
    DISLIKE: Leo/Jammal (surprise surprise)
    HATE: Margie/Luke

Edited on 03/03/2014 5:41am

amazing_race

[4]Mar 3, 2014
    • level: 53

Sorry this episoed was excruciating for me. There was a time that they were in FIRST! OMG, I have not been this upset about a team losing within two episodes since John Vito & Jill on TAR11. I'm very devastated...

I strongly disagree about it being Mallory's fault - she has kept track of her bag, and Mark should keep track of his own. I also liked Mallory's strategy to get a new taxi driver to go back and retrieve the bag while they did the Detour - I don't know why Mark said no to that TBH, it was a brilliant idea.

Also you can go without the bag - they had the essentials. Steve & Allie left theres in Seychelles and continued on. Also, back in TAR7-9, people lost their bags as NEL penalties - it was not an uncommon thing...

I just feel really upset by this episode. The only good parts were Brenchel winning and Carojen taking the EP!

I sure hope that a worse team goes home next time.

Not gonna bother to do the like/dislike thing since it's the same as last week (and I don't really foresee it changing lol).

amazing_race

[5]Mar 3, 2014
    • level: 53

Also did anyone notice people departing this leg out of order? Joey & Meghan started eighth, a whole SIXTEEN minutes before Caroline & Jennifer who started last.

I don't understand what happened - we need an explanation, because that time seriously cost Mark & Mallory unless they were somehow even further behind...

joepetrizzo7

[6]Mar 3, 2014
    • level: 9
    I thought the departure order was off. The lost bag was Mark's fault and he didn't even notice until Mallory said something. I don't understand why he wouldn't let the taxi go back and get it though. It seemed as though Mark may have had a personal item in there he wanted back but he said that he didn't have much so he may not have bought items specific for the race. But anyway, they could have gotten first and won $2500.

skbrettbug

[7]Mar 3, 2014
    I would blame mark.

Colin_Rob_Rock

[8]Mar 4, 2014
    • level: 10

I also noticed the leaving Order for some reason youTube jumped ahead of J/J and The singers seems like maybe they go a time penalty or YouTube got a time Credit.

About the Bag thing. Mark was carrying the Car and he told Mallory don't forget the Bag and she said sure. So he trusted his partner. As for other teams running with out stuff. Steve/Allie got eliminated the Leg they ran fully with out stuff. Merideth/Gretchen did horrible without stuff but they were horrible before that to. And Ucheyna/Joyce only ran the last leg without stuff. The teams in season 8 that ran with out stuff were wearing a lot of it so that hardly counts. BJ/Tyler are Hippies they wore the same thing every leg anyway. And besides all of those are not the same as losing the stuff for ever. Bates also lost his bag but his brother shared and Besides Bates/Anthony are the best to Run the Race not everyone can do the same thing.

The singers Broke the Deal with the Cowboys. The Cowboys said you can have it if you don't beat us on this leg and they did beat them by 3 spots.

eaudra1

[9]Mar 4, 2014
    • level: 8
    Colin_Rob_Rock wrote:

About the Bag thing. Mark was carrying the Car and he told Mallory don't forget the Bag and she said sure. So he trusted his partner

That's what I thought too. He carried the bag to the car, and it was right at her feet, so how come she did not notice or care to check if Mark took his bag? But well, that was just the end of their luck

skbrettbug

[10]Mar 4, 2014
    eaudra1 wrote:
    Colin_Rob_Rock wrote:

About the Bag thing. Mark was carrying the Car and he told Mallory don't forget the Bag and she said sure. So he trusted his partner

That's what I thought too. He carried the bag to the car, and it was right at her feet, so how come she did not notice or care to check if Mark took his bag? But well, that was just the end of their luck

They were disadvantaged but then again so were Eric and Danielle

marknmo

[11]Mar 4, 2014
    • level: 12
    In my opinion, Mallory cost Mark his bag, and Mark cost them the race. I'm both happy and sad to see this team go. Happy, because I never liked Mark & Bopper, but I'm also sad, because I really enjoy Mallory.

This season sorta felt like a punishing game towards Mallory in a way. She was always being reminded in conversation with others or her partner that she shouldn't be the one to be there and that it was so sad that Bopper wasn't running in her place. For me, that would have been a heavy burden to carry the entire time while trying to enjoy the race, too. She was basically working double trying to get Mark to even enjoy having her there and to be positive about them racing together. Then, this leg comes along, and suddenly everything is 5 times worse - Mark is blaming her for something that should be his responsibility in the first place, and his inability to let it go and stop trying to get "his way" over what she's wanting to do (and I really feel like that was part of why he was insisting so much) directly leads to them losing. She then has to struggle with knowing that they are, in fact, going to lose and has to listen to Mark bitch about her screwing up so much instead of listening to any of the logic coming out of her mouth about how they can survive without the bag. I dunno, I just felt bad for her during these two episodes, cause I felt like she was just constantly being shown that she's not good enough.

I accidentally saw the first three boots from this season before it aired, and I forgot who the third one was, so I'm happy I can now enjoy the episodes without knowing the outcomes. Darn you people and your spoilers!

I was really happy to see Brendon and Rachel win the leg - it's nice seeing them succeed as a competent team. Hopefully they don't regress into their arguing anytime soon. I did have to laugh at the preview for next week, though, as it pretty much showed the two of them drowning in a river, and I wondered how many Brenchel haters are looking forward to that, lol.

I am curious about the Afghanimals being so mellow this season. CBS called them back, because they're a big-personality team, so I'm wondering why CBS would be giving them a toned down edit, unless they really have toned down some. I guess it could also be because it's an All-Stars season, and CBS is trying to cater to fans of all of the teams. Hmmm...

I'm still rooting for The Country Singers, Brenchel, and I'm back on the Cowboy bandwagon. I'm sorta liking John and Jessica, too, but I haven't started rooting for them yet.

joepetrizzo7

[12]Mar 5, 2014
    • level: 9
    Mark and Bopper never really ran a competent race. They got two NELs and finished last with a fast forward. I was also never a fan of them, so I am glad to see them go, but I would have preferred others leave first. I think the Afghanimals saw their last edit and probably decided that they wanted to be a different team and toned themselves down. I wonder how much the other contestants knew about them because I believe last season was probably still airing when this one was filmed.

Colin_Rob_Rock

[13]Mar 5, 2014
    • level: 10

skbrettbug wrote:
    eaudra1 wrote:
    Colin_Rob_Rock wrote:

They were different then Eric/Danielle. Those two at least dated for about a year before they ran together and Eric is a much better racer then Mark.

I actually loved Bopper and Mark. I think they deserve to come back and race together.

skbrettbug

[14]Mar 5, 2014
    Colin_Rob_Rock wrote:

skbrettbug wrote:
    eaudra1 wrote:
    Colin_Rob_Rock wrote:

They were different then Eric/Danielle. Those two at least dated for about a year before they ran together and Eric is a much better racer then Mark.

I actually loved Bopper and Mark. I think they deserve to come back and race together.

Well, yes this team was the most disadvantaged.

Sure they should for unfinished business 2