The Amazing Race Forums

Sunday 8:00 PM on CBSIn Season

24.4 "Smarter, Not Harder" 3-16-14

skbrettbug

[1]Mar 16, 2014
    • level: 19

For those of you who managed to make it through the Selection haze (probably very few people here watched that) we have another thread.

Spoilers are allowed for this and previous episodes ONLY

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

skbrettbug

[2]Mar 16, 2014
    Well, I guess for me that ending was unexpected and somewhat annoying

joepetrizzo7

[3]Mar 16, 2014
    • level: 9
    I was definitely expecting an elimination especially since Brenchel was so far behind. Usually, they just put the team out of their misery of they fall that far behind. I particularly liked the part where Margie said she always thought Rachel was the biggest crybaby on tv. I was just like, have you seen your son? As a side note, I would like to mention that the detour was not fair. There was no possible way Luke could have done the DJ, so they had no choice but to do the drinks.

joepetrizzo7

[4]Mar 16, 2014
    I keep putting spaces between lines and they never appear on these posts!

Anyway, I forgot to add that if Brenchel chose the bartending detour because she used to be a cocktail waitress, why did she let Brendan poor it everytime? I also thought that both team members had to pour, which would have taken forever.

Is anybody else slightly irked by the fact that not only does the Race visit the same countries over and over, it is now revisiting cities and locations. Batu Caves has been featured at least twice before.

skbrettbug

[5]Mar 17, 2014
    joepetrizzo7 wrote:
    I was definitely expecting an elimination especially since Brenchel was so far behind. Usually, they just put the team out of their misery of they fall that far behind. I particularly liked the part where Margie said she always thought Rachel was the biggest crybaby on tv. I was just like, have you seen your son? As a side note, I would like to mention that the detour was not fair. There was no possible way Luke could have done the DJ, so they had no choice but to do the drinks.

I remember in season 16 for one of the Detours they said that people with hearing disabilities shouldn't do it on the clue.

At least they let him on the race

eaudra1

[6]Mar 17, 2014
    • level: 8

Loved the Detour this leg. That drink task was so hard and time consuming, that I really think they should bring it back some time in the future TARs.

Surprising personal revelation - I don't hate Afganimals anymore. Not sure if it's just editing, or them really being more bearable and all the way likable this time round, but they've risen to my 'neutral', and I find myself quite enjoying them.

Hopefully that time deficit won't kill Brenchel, cause this team has really grown on me, and I'd love to see them in F3. Just as Rachel used to be a drama and cry queen, tough she never even came close to the biggest crybaby on TAR ever (Margie, I'm talking to you and pun intended). Anyway, well done team Brenchel!

LOVE: Cowboys, FT/BE, Brenchel
    LIKE: Caroline/Jennifer
    NEUTRAL: John/Jessica, Dave/Connor, Leo/Jammal
    DISLIKE: n/a
    HATE: Margie/Luke

Edited on 03/17/2014 6:43am

amazing_race

[7]Mar 17, 2014
    • level: 54

Very interestin episode - so relieved for the NEL. If Brenchel had gone home, we could toss this season into the trash pile because the number of good teams in the race is not high.

Dave & Connor are annoying me - they were really enjoyale Legs 1-2, but the last two legs has gone back to doing nothing but mentioning their injuries and being back on two feet and those lines are just so repetitive and annoying. They are so much more likeable when they are worrying about the present and not the past.

amazing_race

[8]Mar 17, 2014

joepetrizzo7 wrote:
    As a side note, I would like to mention that the detour was not fair. There was no possible way Luke could have done the DJ, so they had no choice but to do the drinks.

I don't think production needs to cater for their tasks to be doable for everyone, especially when we get people who are different in some way looking to "show the world that ___ people can do things regular people can do".

One could also argue that the Leg 3 Roadblock was unfair because Big Easy was too big to do that challenge and Flight Time was forced to do it - it's simply impossible to accommodate every person sometimes, and they have to work around it.

eaudra1

[9]Mar 17, 2014
    • level: 8

Quite right, DJ option wasn't a roadblock with no prior warning that hearing is essential, so I see no big problem here, and think hits was a good Detour. While hearing disability is a high disadvantage at times, i would not even compare it to some other racers and their physical disabilities (Charla/Mirna, and then this lady from TAR10 with prosthetics)

joepetrizzo7

[10]Mar 17, 2014
    Actually, the more I think about it, everyone here is right. And Luke didn't have to deal with the distracting party music as much as everyone else did.

skbrettbug

[11]Mar 17, 2014
    joepetrizzo7 wrote:
    Actually, the more I think about it, everyone here is right. And Luke didn't have to deal with the distracting party music as much as everyone else did.

True true.

It was a great detour

Colin_Rob_Rock

[12]Mar 18, 2014
    • level: 10

I'm happy John/Jessica moved up. I think Rachel should have let Margie/Luke take the penalty. I love Dave/Connor.

I hate how all the teams seem so in awe of the stupid cowboys.

I get the feeling that Flight Time and Big Easy don't want to be on the race. They don't seem to care.

I hope Margie/Luke are the next team to bite the dust

amazing_race

[13]Mar 24, 2014

joepetrizzo7 wrote:

That's also a good point - I would struggle with all that blaring music!