The Amazing Race Forums

Sunday 8:00 PM on CBSIn Season

24.6 "Down And Dirty" 3-30-14

skbrettbug

[1]Mar 30, 2014
    • level: 19

Making this now just in case basketball overruns my TV.com time for today

Spoilers are allowed for this and previous episodes ONLY.

Looks like the show is going to stay for another leg in Asia...again...

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

skbrettbug

[2]Mar 30, 2014
    For what it's worth, the show has been delayed 20 minutes and will start after 60 Minutes at 8:20/7:20 CDT

joepetrizzo7

[3]Mar 31, 2014
    • level: 9
    I am okay with they delay because Kentucky won.

That episode was for more exciting than the last although I wish there wasn't the bunching after the roadblock. I am happy that not everyone could do the elephant because that would have been boring. I like elephants but everytime they are used on the Race, the task is boring and doesn't mix anything up.

amazing_race

[4]Mar 31, 2014
    • level: 53

Did the Afghans say one word in this episode which wasn't about having to beat the Cowboys? It got so annoying.

The tasks were good, but leg structure was awful. Luckily it was a NEL otherwise Caroline & Jennifer would have gone home for absoluitely no reason.

Also I hate those tasks when only a certain number of people can compete at once when the number of people exceeds half the cast. Horrible TAR10 flashbacks to that horrible Moroccas Detour. They should have had 3 chains at most.

ltcomstella

[5]Mar 31, 2014
    • level: 18

they did have 4 chains ...team achilles/cancer, team jj and the afganimals and the cowboys.

seems fair to me.

one thing i don't get is how brenchel made the train after the tuktuks going by team jj saying 12 minutes and then basing the time again on someone else mentioning 5 minutes left and brenchel still werent there.

so either they exagerrated the time or brenchels editing got mixed up, as they hadn't got one tuk tuk done at the #12 min comment but suddenly have done as the train about to leave ?

doesn't add up to me.

also why have an nel so soon after the last ? seems funny loads of other teams have gone home when they really shouldn't have but a team like the countries that do nothing worth watching are saved....

Colin_Rob_Rock

[6]Mar 31, 2014
    • level: 10

It was good except that the stupid Afgahnamils won and there were to many Bunch up points. I mean there hasn't been a bunch up point all season now there have been three in the last two legs.

skbrettbug

[7]Mar 31, 2014
    joepetrizzo7 wrote:
    I am okay with they delay because Kentucky won.

That episode was for more exciting than the last although I wish there wasn't the bunching after the roadblock. I am happy that not everyone could do the elephant because that would have been boring. I like elephants but everytime they are used on the Race, the task is boring and doesn't mix anything up.

But Michigan lost! :'(

Too many bunch ups. I knew this would be an NEL. Dave and Connor will win this season

joepetrizzo7

[8]Mar 31, 2014
    I feel like it is being set up for a Dave and Connor win. Just from the way the editing is going.

eaudra1

[9]Mar 31, 2014
    • level: 8

joepetrizzo7, I get that feeling about Dave and Connor too. Not sure if I like this, but well we'll see.

This leg was an improvement over the last one in pretty much every respect. Loved the Detour, loved the foot race to the Pit Stop, even though by that time I was overfed with Afganimals and their 'we must beat the cowboys'. Have they said anything else during this race at all? Sealed

I did not expect NEL so soon, but love the outcome. Would've been a pity to see Caroline and Jennifer go already.

The only trouble I had with this leg was - like many of you have already mentioned - way too many bunch ups.

LOVE: Cowboys, FT/BE, Brenchel
    LIKE: Caroline/Jennifer
    NEUTRAL: John/Jessica, Dave/Connor
    DISLIKE: Leo/Jammal (back down here, and if there's more of 'beat the cowboys', I might just Yell)
    HATE: n/a

joepetrizzo7

[10]Apr 1, 2014
    I wouldn't mind a Dave and Connor win if they stop talking about how Dave got injured. I am not a fan of the country singers but it would have been lousy if they were eliminated when they made no mistakes and Brenchel made plenty.

Colin_Rob_Rock

[11]Apr 1, 2014

joepetrizzo7 wrote:
    I feel like it is being set up for a Dave and Connor win. Just from the way the editing is going.

I get the feeling it's being set up for a Cowboys win. With Dave/Connor Having a heart breaking loss. They didn't mention the injury at all this leg

marknmo

[12]Apr 3, 2014
    • level: 12
    I'm not a fan of Dave & Connor. I thought Dave was being a poor sport when he made the comment towards the other team (was it John & Jessica) when they were passing Dave and Connor in the foot race to the pit stop. He was putting them down for trying so hard for "passing an old man" when earlier in the episode at the gasoline pump challenge he was shoving himself in front of other competitors and trying to take their spot in being next for the pump - he doesn't need to be putting people down for being overly competitive. I've never been a fan of Dave & Connor, because all they would talk about was their cancer and injuries, but now we finally get a glimpse of something else from them and I don't like what I'm seeing still.

I'm still rooting for the Cowboys, the Country Singers, Brenchel, and now sorta for John & Jessica. I'd probably be happy if any of those first three teams I mentioned would win, and I'd be okay with John & Jessica winning, too, as they've raced better this time around.

Colin_Rob_Rock

[13]Apr 3, 2014

marknmo wrote:
    I'm not a fan of Dave & Connor. I thought Dave was being a poor sport when he made the comment towards the other team (was it John & Jessica) when they were passing Dave and Connor in the foot race to the pit stop. He was putting them down for trying so hard for "passing an old man" when earlier in the episode at the gasoline pump challenge he was shoving himself in front of other competitors and trying to take their spot in being next for the pump - he doesn't need to be putting people down for being overly competitive. I've never been a fan of Dave & Connor, because all they would talk about was their cancer and injuries, but now we finally get a glimpse of something else from them and I don't like what I'm seeing still. I'm still rooting for the Cowboys, the Country Singers, Brenchel, and now sorta for John & Jessica. I'd probably be happy if any of those first three teams I mentioned would win, and I'd be okay with John & Jessica winning, too, as they've raced better this time around.

Well it sounded to me like he said it jokingly.

I'd be happy with John/Jessica, Dave/Connor or Brenchal winning. I'd be pissed if it was the Cowboys or the Afghananimals.

skbrettbug

[14]Apr 6, 2014
    Forgot to make a thread for the 7th episode.

Then I realized it was CMAs tonight.