The Amazing Race Forums

Sunday 8:00 PM on CBSIn Season

24.8 "Donkeylicious" 4-20-14

skbrettbug

[1]Apr 20, 2014
    • level: 19

Discussion for episode 8.

Spoilers are allowed for this and previous episodes ONLY.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

marknmo

[2]Apr 20, 2014
    • level: 12
    I don't think it was smart for Brendon & Rachel to use the u-turn on Dave & Connor. I think there will be another u-turn coming up, and now that all the other teams have jumped on the Dave pity wagon, I think they'll u-turn Brendon & Rachel for them, leaving Brendon & Rachel no one to u-turn since (I believe) they can only u-turn once on a race.

I still don't like Dave &Connor even though they are getting the hero edit. I still find them self-righteous and just spiteful towards Brendon & Rachel as they say they are towards them - they just cover their spiteful-ness with innocent remarks like "awe, I'm just a 60 year old man, why would you pick on me? awe." They showed that this episode in the way they went on about it constantly until every team was on their side that Brendon & Rachel were the enemy.

I thought the leg was good. It would have been great if it hadn't been so obvious about who was going to be eliminated due to how far behind Flight Time & Big Easy were. I am getting tired of all of the teams helping each other out so much in every leg, as I'd like to see some more competitiveness going on.

I think you guys are right with what you said last week - the season is being edited for a Dave & Connor win. If not them, then the Afghanimals. I'm still rooting for Brendon & Rachel, The Cowboys, and the country singers. I'm liking the Afghanimals better this season, but I'm still not a fan. And from what I said before, I really don't like Dave & Connor still.

Oh, and I will thank Flight Time & Big Easy for allowing me to cheer over their elimination for a third time. :-p

joepetrizzo7

[3]Apr 20, 2014
    • level: 9
    I found the tasks great but all the teams except for, shockingly, Leo and Jamal were incredibly obnoxious. Rachel is starting to whine again while Brandon feels the need to be Superman every time a minor problem occurs. Jet and Cord, I never really liked but it seems apparent they have nothing interesting to say that isn't about being a cowboy.

Dave and Connor threw themselves a pity party then tried to be nice to Leo/Jamal by helping them. They really could have at least U-Turned the Globetrotters as they likely would have been the furthest behind. I was really hoping Connor would take the penalty and get eliminated. A shame because I was really starting to like them. Dave was particularly immature Carolina and Jennifer. I don't remember them completing any of the tasks, ever. I am not saying it isn't ok to do what you have to to get ahead, but they haven't done anything and they are no longer even pretending to do so. The minute there is no other team to follow, they get lost and flounder. It was funny seeing Big Easy on that tiny donkey though.

amazing_race

[4]Apr 21, 2014
    • level: 53

Why oh why are Caroline & Jennifer aligned with the most annoying people on this planet.

Although I will admite that the Brendon & Rachel anti-alliance is quite hilarious and I really hope Brenchel demolish them.

Dave & Connor alternate between being somewhat ok and completely disgusting people - it's a game, I don't get why they were so high and mighty about it when they used a U-Turn themselves.

Sad to see the Globes go - they are a favourite of mine, but they have been lagging the whole race I guess...

ltcomstella

[5]Apr 21, 2014
    • level: 18

the caligraphy task:

rachel had to do it again, just cos the bottom line was too thick, but the same judge passed dave/conners which was all over the place ?

and he let the countries go through but we never really saw any of her work ?

i can understand rachel being their first had the time, but still..

also we are to believe no one figured out the box for the donkey quickly..

the donkeys were well picked, either too stubborn or just way to keen to get going, i wonder if the second donkey actually just followed the other one..

dave and conner really love to milk everything that happens to them don't they ?

imho brenchel really wanted first ! i'd of probably done the same as them. just to wipe the smug look of dave and conners face..

joepetrizzo7

[6]Apr 21, 2014
    • level: 9
    I forget if it was Connor or the Cowboys but someone's gold leafing was clearly not done right and all over the place and was accepted on that try.

eaudra1

[7]Apr 22, 2014
    • level: 8

I really enjoyed this leg and all the challenges. My only complaint with this leg being with Dave and Connor - their crying over being U-turned really got on my nerves. Hello, this is TAR and that's what U-turns are for. Yay, like huge YAY for Brenchel and a great move with U-turn, just hope the promised alliance against them as seen in promo won't bite them in the end.

The Detour was great, since one sort of donkeys were somewhat moodie, and the other with that crate twist. And the Roadblock was probably the best on TAR24, though I'd say some of the teams got next clue even though their calligraphy skills weren't there yet IMO

LOVE: Cowboys, FT/BE, Brenchel
    LIKE: Caroline/Jennifer
    NEUTRAL: n/a
    DISLIKE: Leo/Jammal, Dave/Connor (so UNCOOL)
    HATE: n/a

Colin_Rob_Rock

[8]Apr 23, 2014
    • level: 10

I think i'm the only one that likes Dave/Connor at this point. Yes they got pissed at Brenchal but so what it doesn't make them evil. I think Brenchal was dumb for U-Turning them it was pointless.

skbrettbug

[9]Apr 23, 2014
    • level: 19

Colin_Rob_Rock wrote:

I think i'm the only one that likes Dave/Connor at this point. Yes they got pissed at Brenchal but so what it doesn't make them evil. I think Brenchal was dumb for U-Turning them it was pointless.

I like Dave and Connor mostly because i hate brenchel though.

Colin_Rob_Rock

[10]Apr 24, 2014
    • level: 10

skbrettbug wrote:

Colin_Rob_Rock wrote:

I like Dave and Connor mostly because i hate brenchel though.

I feel the same about both

Love: Brenchal, Dave/Connor
    Like: Caroline/Jennifer
    Neutral: Leo/Jamal (they are growing on me)
    Dislike: Cowboys
    Hate: NA

amazing_race

[11]Apr 27, 2014
    • level: 53

Dave & Connor were very childish in how they handled the situation though. Their self-righteousness is disgusting. They would have done the same thing if the roles were reversed.