The Amazing Race Forums

Sunday 8:00 PM on CBSIn Season

24.9 "Accidental Alliance" 4-27-14

skbrettbug

[1]Apr 27, 2014
    • level: 19

Discussion of episode 9.

Spoilers are allowed for this and previous episodes ONLY.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

skbrettbug

[2]Apr 27, 2014
    Too bad this leg was an NEL...I didn't care for the singers

joepetrizzo7

[3]Apr 27, 2014
    • level: 9
    That was a leg with exciting tasks. I think I like it better when there are more route markers as opposed to roadblock/detour only. It reminded me of that leg in Season 22? (whatever season the country girls were first on) It was also in Switzerland, had a lot of route markers and every clue was in a different city and also had a task involving dogs. I think Connor/Dave and Caroline/Jen are taking their dislike of Brenchel to ridiculous levels. Leo/Jamal I can see why they want to be in the end with those two teams because they have a good shot at winning then.

As a note: I believe both all-star season, the winners did not win a single leg except the last one so that could be a good sign for the singers.

amazing_race

[4]Apr 27, 2014
    • level: 54

For some reason the producers seem incapable of developing a proper leg in Switzerland - just like TAR22 we get no Detour, although at least this time we didn't get a million trains that left the whole leg redundant, so it was better than that travesty.

Really hated the Country Singers this leg - that alliance is despicable. They are all such brats.

Can't believe I'm saying this bt the Cowboys are actually moving up my list - at least they aren't a part of this shambolic alliance.

Hoping Brendon & Rachel can kill them all though.

The leg being a NEl was lucky for the girls, but it should be A NEL considering we had no Detour. It would've been a rather stupid way to eliminate someone for basically one significant task.

amazing_race

[5]Apr 27, 2014
    • level: 54

Also could somebody please teach Dave & Connor how to pronounce the term 'gondola', gosh.

joepetrizzo7

[6]Apr 28, 2014
    amazing_race wrote:

Also could somebody please teach Dave & Connor how to pronounce the term 'gondola', gosh.

Yes. Two episodes in a row! I am glad I am not the only person who noticed this.

joepetrizzo7

[7]Apr 28, 2014
    I was wondering if one of those miscellaneous tasks was a detour that the other choice was edited out, but every clue was very clearly blue.

skbrettbug

[8]Apr 28, 2014
    I'm not a fan of alliances on the Amazing Race. I don't see a real point to them as there's little social effect/voting. But hey, whatever helps other people survive in the game.

ltcomstella

[9]Apr 28, 2014
    • level: 18

This season is being ruined by the nel's..

too many, too soon..

if we have a 4 team final leg

then we have a 'two parter' double length leg coming.

i'll agree with most of you this was an ok leg spoiled by no detour and stupid alliances..

eaudra1

[10]Apr 28, 2014
    • level: 8

While NEL saved singers' asses, I could have lived with them gone, that's how I wanted any team from this despicable 'alliance' gone. If not for the lack of Detour, I totally liked this leg. Hotel task was quite detail oriented and enjoyable, and I really laughed when one of the brothers said 'I hope my wife doesn't see me do this, so she would not learn I can clean' or something along the lines. HA! When it comes to a chance to win it all Everyone can clean Even that promotional Mustang challenge was quite good, and milk Roadblock was awesome.

Though I must say that I'm not happy with Dave and Connor coming on top. I give you, they're a strong team, but their anger at Brenchel for using U-turn, and holding grudge all this long is fast growing old and makes them in my own opinion unbearable

LOVE: Cowboys, Brenchel
    LIKE: n/a
    NEUTRAL: Caroline/Jennifer
    DISLIKE: Leo/Jammal, Dave/Connor (so so UNCOOL)
    HATE: n/a

joepetrizzo7

[11]Apr 28, 2014
    I think Caroline/Jennifer were worse with Brenchel than Dave/Connor. They even had a montage of clips of Connor's hair. Also I am bother by the fact that Brenchel's shirts read Brenchel's instead of Brenchels. You never use an apostrophe to make a plural. It is the writer in me.

skbrettbug

[12]Apr 28, 2014
    joepetrizzo7 wrote:
    I think Caroline/Jennifer were worse with Brenchel than Dave/Connor. They even had a montage of clips of Connor's hair. Also I am bother by the fact that Brenchel's shirts read Brenchel's instead of Brenchels. You never use an apostrophe to make a plural. It is the writer in me.

(just like how a missing right parenthese will annoy you

It'll also annoy you if Caroline and Jennifer aren't doing they're best or they are trying to hard

Fellow grammar nerd (for lack of a better term)

joepetrizzo7

[13]Apr 29, 2014
    skbrettbug wrote:
    joepetrizzo7 wrote:

(just like how a missing right parenthese will annoy you

It'll also annoy you if Caroline and Jennifer aren't doing they're best or they are trying to hard

Fellow grammar nerd (for lack of a better term)

It is only the grammar that bothers me. Not the parentheses or the many typos that are sprinkled throughout my posts.