The Amazing Race Forums

Sunday 8:00 PM on CBSIn Season

"Go Out And Get It Done" (19.12 12/11/11)

Who will claim the million dollar prize in Atlanta, Georgia?

amazing_race

[1]Dec 5, 2011
    • level: 53

The grand final of The Amazing Race 19 has teams venturing to Atlanta, Georgia for the first time in history!

Will Jeremy & Sandy stay at the top of the pile and become the first team since Meghan & Cheyne to win the race after starting the final leg in first place?

Will Ernie & Cindy overcome the 'Express Pass Curse' (both previous winners of the Pass have finished third) to win the race?

Will Amani & Marcus take home the 'Superbowl'?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SabrinaColema

[2]Dec 10, 2011
    • level: 9
    Jeremy & Sandy could also become the first couple (US Edition) to win since Meghan & Cheyne. Not very special, but I hope Jeremy & Sandy win!

SabrinaColema

[3]Dec 11, 2011

I don't hate Ernie & Cindy like everyone else does, but I definitely do not love / like them.

To me, this finale was boring. Actually, TAR Finales are getting boring these days. The three teams are always breaking apart from each other. I really wanted Jeremy & Sandy to win and I'm sad they didn't. I felt bad for Amani & Marcus, I wish Marcus was a former Pilot and then he could pass Ernie & Cindy LOL.

I found it funny Jeremy & Sandy went to a place called "The Dump". Reminds me of Kisha & Jen last season where the locals actually brought Kisha & Jen to places when they asked "Do you know where they make Snapple?".

Like I said, I don't hate Ernie & Cindy. They're just the most boring of the last few remaining.

Ernie & Cindy have broken the Express Pass curse. They're the first team since Meghan & Cheyne to win the first leg, go on through and win the Race (not special, but whatever). ALSO, they're the first "Love" couple to win since.. Meghan & Cheyne xD (not special too, but whatever).

It's funny how the F3 is all "Love" teams, and they are different types of "Love": Dating, Engaged, and Married.

Boring finale, boring tasks, no suspense at all. RECALCULATING. "Recalculating" should have been the Episode title LOL. TAR19 falls to one of the worst seasons ever, for me.

Edited on 12/11/2011 6:52pm

j19000

[4]Dec 11, 2011
    • level: 50

Horrible season overall.

I haven't seen the final yet just so that everyone knows, because the uploader seems to be slow for some reason.

Yeah, I just had to go and find out that the WORST team of the season won this poor excuse for a season. TAR 19 ranks to be one of the worst editions of the race to date, and tells us that the show needs to drastically change or its headed for the grave.

As you said SabrinaColema the final was boring, as well as TAR 19 ranking to be one of the cheapest & worst seasons of all time up to this point. There is no denying that. The first five legs were below average, and both legs 4 & 5 sucked terribly. Legs 6, 7 and especially 8 were the ONLY watchable and memorable episodes this season, and I loved those three legs to be honest. Once leg 9 came along, more bad was set in place. Belgium officially became the worst European destination of the show next to Russia for me. Only the Tintin bit of Belgium pleased me in any such way. That means both legs 9 and 10 were dull - yes, and repeating Asia at the beginning, but just in Europe. The previous leg in Panama was actually pretty good, but for a penultimate leg, it was weak.

I have not watched the final as I said, and honestly why would I bother. Whiny Cindy and her boyfriend Ernie won, the least deserving team on what was already a pathetic excuse for a season of The Amazing Race. Jeremy & Sandy should have taken home the $1 million to save this edition from a bad ending. It started awfully, and ended even more so. Survivor has also disappointed me this season, but what does it matter - everyone gets lazy and tired of making ongoing seasons, am I right?

Anyway, back to TAR, this is my new official best to worst ranking of the 19 seasons.

6-3-5-7-15-9-18-11-17-2-1-10-12-4-8-14-19-13-16

amazing_race

[5]Dec 11, 2011

Wow, this episode gives the TAR16 finale a run for its money for the title of worst TAR episode of all time... in fact, this one was much worse.

The task design was abysmal. Are we seriously going to award someone a million dollars for being the best at flight simulation and the fastest typist? How preposterous! They seriously need to fire the task designer after this absolutely horrible season.

Then, the final memory challenge was just rubbish as well. I was hoping they would have to find little pieces of each of the countries they went to, which would've been slightly more challenging. Alternatively, a memory challenge involving all those weird clueboxes would've been more challenging as well. This challenge required no brains whatsoever - how hard is it to remember where 8 countries are located on a map, considering you live in one of them, two of the others are gigantic (Thailand and Indonesia), the other two share borders with Germany (which teams took a train through). There was no challenge whatsoever involved. Taiwan is also obvious, considering it is a little island, of which there aren't many in the region. The only possible problem was Malawi, and that is not particularly hard to figure out either.

Task design was beyond terrible. Enough said.

Winners were beyond dreadful - their silly little love story is just irritating. If I hear one more comment about "Cindy's parents always wanting her to win everything" and "Ernie being a C student while Cindy is an A+" I think I might just throw up. Can't stand them, they're so insanely boring and I absolutely detest them.

Jeremy & Sandy were absolutely ROBBED - I mean, whoever wrote that clue should've realised that there is a place in Atlanta that is actually called 'The Dump', and that any reasonable human being would surmise that this is the place where they need to go, as opposed to a place called 'The Dump' in a book. The clue was excessively ambiguous, and Jeremy & Sandy were truly robbed of a win they fully deserved.

As for Amani & Marcus - after battling through eleven legs, it is a flight simulator that kills them. Who on earth came up with the idea to use that as a challenge on the final leg of the race? It's just preposterous.

I don't blame anyone who never watches TAR again after seeing this episode - it was truly the most poorly constructed leg of all time, with terrible task design.

If TAR20 isn't any better than this, I don't know if there should even be a TAR21.

amazing_race

[6]Dec 11, 2011

Who could've ever predicted that Freddy & Kendra are not one of my five worst winners of all time...

j19000

[7]Dec 11, 2011
    • level: 50

Oh dear. This is sad, sad day for TAR fans and all reality fans alike. This may not be the worst season of all time, but its only just ahead of TAR 16. I think even 13 was superior to this.

Legs 6, 7, 8 and 11 were the only decent legs this season. What the hell is up with the task designer and producers? I wonder how Phil Keoghan feels, surely he must know the show is not far from its funeral.

Worst FIVE winners of TAR:

1. Ernie & Cindy

2. Tammy & Victor

3. Dan & Jordan

4. TK & Rachel

5. Chris & Alex

BEST FIVE seasons (my opinion)

1. Season 6

2. Season 3

3. Season 5

4. Season 7

5. Season 15

WORST FIVE seasons (my opinion)

1. Season 16

2. Season 19

3. Season 13

4. Season 14

5. Season 8

eaudra1

[8]Dec 12, 2011
    • level: 8

I'm really disappointed with the outcome of TAR19. Ernie and Cindy have won? Yikes, but that was horrible. IMO they are among the worst TAR winners (together with Victor and Tammy, and couple of other miserable teams there were to ever win a race). Also the task design for this last leg was really really poor.

TAR needs to improve a lot during TAR20, or I might just totally lose my interest in the show. So hopefully it does, 'cause I really really want to be having fun watching this show instead of crinching

amazing_race

[9]Dec 12, 2011

j19000 wrote:

Worst FIVE winners of TAR:

1. Ernie & Cindy

2. Tammy & Victor

3. Dan & Jordan

4. TK & Rachel

5. Chris & Alex

I agree with this almost completely. In my personal opinion, I would only flip Tammy & Victor and Dan & Jordan around, and I'd replace TK & Rachel with Eric & Danielle.

I can't believe that both j19000 and myself have officially removed Freddy & Kendra from our Top Five Worst Winners, considering how much we hate them!

And for me, TAR19 was MUCH worse than TAR16. For TAR16, I thought Legs 6 and 7 are the top two best legs of all time, oddly enough, and I thought Leg 4 was also great. For TAR19, the only memorable one for me is Leg 7. Legs 6, 8 and 11 were all decent, but not particularly memorable for me.

ltcomstella

[11]May 4, 2013
    • level: 17

just to throw this out there, i would remove tk and rachel and put in kisha and jen...

people who laugh at sinister deaf kids and call them a bitch and then in later special second chance race apologise on camera in a taxi ride and not to that persons face.. does not deserve a million bucks...

Colin_Rob_Rock

[12]May 4, 2013

I disagree with most of that for me it would be

5. Freddy/Kenda
    4. Chip/Kim
    3. Dan/Jordan
    2. Kisha/Jen
    1. Josh/Brent

amazing_race

[13]May 4, 2013

ltcomstella wrote:

just to throw this out there, i would remove tk and rachel and put in kisha and jen...

people who laugh at sinister deaf kids and call them a bitch and then in later special second chance race apologise on camera in a taxi ride and not to that persons face.. does not deserve a million bucks...

people who push other people shouldn't be asked back either, in my opinion, even if they are deaf.

I respect your opinion, but tbh I don't understand how people see Kisha & Jen in the wrong in that altercation.

Edited on 05/05/2013 1:30am

Colin_Rob_Rock

[14]May 5, 2013

amazing_race wrote:

ltcomstella wrote:

people who push other people shouldn't be asked back either, in my opinion, even if they are deaf.

I respect your opinion, but tbh I don't understand how people see Kisha & Jen in the wrong in that altercation.

Even though I hate Kisha/Jen. I agree with you that Margie/Luke were worse in that case.