We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

The Amazing Race Forums

Friday 8:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Ranking the seasons

royboycrashfan

[61]Dec 16, 2008
    • level: 19
    royboycrashfan wrote:
    12, 7, 4, 3, 1, 8, 2, 10, 5, 9, 11, 6

I rank TAR13 in between 9 and 11.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

j19000

[63]Feb 12, 2010
    • level: 50

New season coming along! This is an update of my BEST to WORST ranks of the seasons. Maybe, with any luck, Season 16 will be worthy of reaching the top three. I'm not expecting anything, though. (Finally watched every episode of all seasons, as I've recently finished TAR 15)

Edited on 02/12/2010 1:06pm
    Edited 2 total times.

amazing_race

[64]Feb 12, 2010
    • level: 55

My list is something like this (best to worst):

(Still haven't finished watching TAR1, and I probably won't get a chance to until my next scholl holidays.)

eaudra

[66]Mar 31, 2010
    • level: 11

as s16 is progressing, i took some time to re-watch some previous seasons, and here is my list of the very best seasons

S5 - Charla & Mirna rocked and made it to the best season so far

S7 - Romber, Uchenna & Joyce, Meredith & Gretchen awesome season, tough competition and winners I've simply loved

S3 - one just has to love Flo & Zach, though i doubt it they could've won, if rules for limited tasks per person at roadblock would've existed at the time as Flo was only good for running and shrieking. Anyway they were still fun to watch

S11 - Charla & Mirna were great once again with Cha Chas to seal the deal

S12 - LOVED Kynt & Vixsin. And they've come to my hometown during that race too!!! Hurray

S9 - BJ & Tyler. Just a great run and awesome winning team - at last a team who simply was that a TEAM

S10 - six pack rules! And David & Mary, Bama team were so lovable

S16 - love cowboys, love cops, love father/daughter team.

And this season is so great if compared to quite lousy S12-S15 seasons as for the rest of the seasons, I doubt I want to rate 'em. They weren't all that good IMHO

amazing_race

[67]Mar 31, 2010

eaudra - I completely agree about the awesomeness of all those teams that you mentioned above, except the Six Pack. I also loved Charla & Mirna, Uchenna & Joyce, Romber (for a while), Meredith & Gretchenk, BJ & Tyler and Kynt & Vyxsin, but for me, the tenth season is a standout low in this show's history (as well as 14).

eaudra

[68]Mar 31, 2010

For me those seasons I haven't rated were simply bad and not even worth mentioning. These seasons were just bad and totally unmemorable. What teams were on 'em? who've won? Gee, I really don't care. Thanks gos that s16 so far looks quite good. What a relief after a row of bad seasons.

Regarding the six pack season. Well, overall the season was quite weak, and the most of teams lousy or max just so-so, but somehow David and Mary's team and their naive and somewhat homey attitude worked for me just fine. Or at the very least they were plain memorable . Was it just about 'Friends in low places' - who knows, but they'd managed to create for me some feel good about these quite unfit, far from pageant beauties feeling.

amazing_race

[69]Mar 31, 2010

I'm a being 'Beauty Queens' fan, but David & Mary are definitely my second favorites in the Final Six, as I hated the rest of them.

Ranking wise, Seasons 2, 4, 6, 10, 11 and 14 had the worst winners. Seasons 4, 10 and 13 had the worst casts overall. Seasons 2, 10 and 14 had the worst tasks and Seasons 8 and well, just 8 were simply just awful. What do you think?

eaudra

[70]Mar 31, 2010

amazing_race wrote:

I'm a being 'Beauty Queens' fan, but David & Mary are definitely my second favorites in the Final Six, as I hated the rest of them.

Ranking wise, Seasons 2, 4, 6, 10, 11 and 14 had the worst winners. Seasons 4, 10 and 13 had the worst casts overall. Seasons 2, 10 and 14 had the worst tasks and Seasons 8 and well, just 8 were simply just awful. What do you think?

I totally agree with your list of seasons with worst winners, and here the very worst IMHO are those s10 winners . And your remark regarding s8 being just that - the worst of the worst is right what I think of the season too. I'm not sure, whose idea this family edition was, but that was a huge mistake on creators part as i almost gave up on the show after s8.

S2 would win in worst cast category in my list with no doubt. And it's the only season from which I can't remember a single team. So maybe it never happened?

Tasks wise s2, s10, and s14 are definately 'leaders'. Though I loved Mongolian leg from s10, it was and still is one of my favorites. Though overwise it seemed that the rest tasks were mainly climbing that or this.

amazing_race

[71]Apr 1, 2010

Yeah, the Season 2 cast is rather unmemorable, apart from Cha Cha Cha!

amazing_race

[73]Apr 15, 2010

I believe Season 16 is the best thing since All-Stars. As such, my current placement:

3-7-6-5-11-16-15-4-12-13-9-2-8-10-14

(not including Season 1)

j19000

[74]Sep 7, 2010

It has indeed been a while since my last update, so here goes. Ranking the sixteen seasons from best to worst. (I do hope TAR 17 is an improvement over it's predecessor, or else the show is as good as dead).

6 - 5 - 3 - 7 - 9 - 10 - 15 - 11 - 4 - 12 - 2 - 1 - 13 - 14 - 8 - 16

Edited on 09/07/2010 1:19am

amazing_race

[75]Sep 10, 2010

I just read my last update, and I completely disagree with it right now.

Here's my updated list:

3 - 7 - 5 - 6 - 15 - 11 - 12 - 4 - 9 - 13 - 2 - 10 - 8 - 14 - 16

(not including Season 1)

survivorgal

[76]Sep 15, 2010
    • level: 10

I'll list my season rankings with reasons why, but I haven't seen seasons 3 and 4 and they never seem to be on replay

Season 2: Likeable cast, visited awesome countries, and despite having the most airplay out of any of the seasons in Australia, I never seem to get sick of it.

Season 7: It had the perfect blend of drama and fun, and Rob and Amber were the team I loved to hate!

Season 6: Would have been number 1 if some of the good teams didn't go early and Freddy and Kendra didn't win. Kris and Jon still remain my favourite team ever to run the rase.

Season 12: After All-Stars, the show came back better than ever, and Nick and Don remain in my top 5 of teams. TK and Rachel were boring winners, though.

Season 5: Charla and Mirna were standouts, and Chip and Kim winning redeemed the season for me.

Season 9: Had some great teams, great challenges, and was all up good.

Season 14: After the dull season 13, this season came out of the slump and I was once again addicted. Tammy and Victor were predictable winners, although my favourite team changed ever week.

Season 1: Dull, but it was season 1 and it was excellent. Nancy and Emily weere awesome, and I liked the winners. A good starting season.

Season 16: Not good, not bad, but it kept me entertained. Carol and Brandy are amongst my least favourite teams ever, but there were heaps of awesome teams.

Season 11: It was a mediocre season, with a great start but a terrible ending. Danny and Oswald being eliminated fourth again broke my heart, and I ended up cheering for Charla and Mirna as they were the most likeable team in the final 3.

Season 13: Predictable. Nick and Starr winning was absolutely expected, and Ken and Tina annoyed the crap out of me. I barracked for underdogs Andrew and Dan, but even they wouldn't have been satifying winners. One of the worst casts to date.

Season 15: Maria and Tiffany were horrible to watch, and them quitting saved this lackluster season for me. Again, predictable winners and the challenges rank amongst the worst of any season.

Season 10: Dustin and Kandice were the strongest all-female team ever, but I aboslutely detested them. The six-pack alliance killed this season for me, and had they not been there it could have been higher. Not the best bunch of teams, I ended up supporting Tyler and James just because they were the only team I even liked that season.

Season 8: Do I need to say more? It was a good concept, but the cast was awful, and the challenges were bad, and I wished they travelled out of the United States more, because it got a bit redunant.

amazing_race

[77]Sep 16, 2010

survivorgal wrote:

I'll list my season rankings with reasons why, but I haven't seen seasons 3 and 4 and they never seem to be on replay

Season 2: Likeable cast, visited awesome countries, and despite having the most airplay out of any of the seasons in Australia, I never seem to get sick of it.

Season 7: It had the perfect blend of drama and fun, and Rob and Amber were the team I loved to hate!

Season 6: Would have been number 1 if some of the good teams didn't go early and Freddy and Kendra didn't win. Kris and Jon still remain my favourite team ever to run the rase.

Season 12: After All-Stars, the show came back better than ever, and Nick and Don remain in my top 5 of teams. TK and Rachel were boring winners, though.

Season 5: Charla and Mirna were standouts, and Chip and Kim winning redeemed the season for me.

Season 9: Had some great teams, great challenges, and was all up good.

Season 14: After the dull season 13, this season came out of the slump and I was once again addicted. Tammy and Victor were predictable winners, although my favourite team changed ever week.

Season 1: Dull, but it was season 1 and it was excellent. Nancy and Emily weere awesome, and I liked the winners. A good starting season.

Season 16: Not good, not bad, but it kept me entertained. Carol and Brandy are amongst my least favourite teams ever, but there were heaps of awesome teams.

Season 11: It was a mediocre season, with a great start but a terrible ending. Danny and Oswald being eliminated fourth again broke my heart, and I ended up cheering for Charla and Mirna as they were the most likeable team in the final 3.

Season 13: Predictable. Nick and Starr winning was absolutely expected, and Ken and Tina annoyed the crap out of me. I barracked for underdogs Andrew and Dan, but even they wouldn't have been satifying winners. One of the worst casts to date.

Season 15: Maria and Tiffany were horrible to watch, and them quitting saved this lackluster season for me. Again, predictable winners and the challenges rank amongst the worst of any season.

Season 10: Dustin and Kandice were the strongest all-female team ever, but I aboslutely detested them. The six-pack alliance killed this season for me, and had they not been there it could have been higher. Not the best bunch of teams, I ended up supporting Tyler and James just because they were the only team I even liked that season.

Season 8: Do I need to say more? It was a good concept, but the cast was awful, and the challenges were bad, and I wished they travelled out of the United States more, because it got a bit redunant.

Nice list! Season 2 as your favorite is interesting - they came to Sydney, which is where I am, so that's why Season 2 stands out for me.

I hope you get to see Season 3, which is my personal favorite, and even Season 4 has some good legs.

The only thing I can't agree with you about is Season 15, whic h I really enjoyed, but apart from that, nice list!

PintheDog

[78]Sep 16, 2010
    • level: 29
    survivorgal wrote:

Sorry, but anyone who liked Tyler & James and says that Maria & Tiffany were "horrible" to watch -- oh, and didn't like Dustin & Kandice, either -- needs to have their tastes immediately put under question.

amazing_race

[79]Sep 17, 2010

PintheDog wrote:
    survivorgal wrote:
    Sorry, but anyone who liked Tyler & James and says that Maria & Tiffany were "horrible" to watch -- oh, and didn't like Dustin & Kandice, either -- needs to have their tastes immediately put under question.

must agree with you on that, Pin. I do however, like the order that survivorgal placed the seasons, but not with some of the content ofor each season.

j19000

[80]Sep 18, 2010

amazing_race: Although I was not a fan of the second season, the leg in Sydney and the two New Zealand legs really stood out. My main problems with TAR 2 were the lack of suspense, like those non-elimination legs were placed in exactly the same manner to the first season, and it was predictable. Also, the casting. It was painful having to bear to watch Tara & Wil b*tching and arguing all the time, with her and Alex hitting on one another. Chris & Alex were another team I consider awful, and both teams went on to the final.

There weren't many memorable players that season, except Blake & Paige and Oswald & Danny. It could have been better.

Based on casting, locations, action, suspense, the outcome and task design, my top five seasons are (in no particular order):

3, 5, 6, 7 and 9.

Edited on 09/18/2010 3:02pm