I started watching the show during the second season (I have seen the first season several times now) when I was 10 years old and have loved almost every season. I have a long list of improvements that I think would make the race better. Feel free to add, comment or criticize.
1. The show needs to refocus on the team's relationships with each team member, not their occupations like "hockey brothers" or "country singers." Also teams should be shown interacting with each other more often.
2. Eliminate the Fast Forward. I find the FF to be less exciting now that is not featured on every leg and the current structure of the race (with u-turns and speed bumps) renders the FF impossible to be reintroduced on every leg.
3. Eliminate the Starting Line tasks. I find them nothing more then momentarily cheap drama.
4. There should be more legs where self-driving and navigation should be a factor. This should also be shown in the episode. This is what made the early season so good.
5. There should be more route infos that require teams to actually do something instead of just get the clue and leave.
6. There should be more tasks that require skill. I don't like the tasks that it takes the same amount of time for everyone to complete (like skydiving.)
7. Reduce the number of luck-based tasks. Although, I don't mind the ones that have an additional part to them (like the sandcastles.)
8. Visit new nations and countries or new cities and regions within previously visited ones. I know the Race has visited a lot, but there are plenty places left it has not gone to like Papua New Guinea, Nigeria and Algeria. North America and the Middle East have been significantly ignored. Stop going to Asia so much.
9. The Race needs to stop starting/finishing in California, New York, Hawaii or Alaska. Maybe even have the final elimination leg take place in the USA.
10. The first leg needs to be harder and longer.
11. Get rid of the legs with two roadblocks and no detour.
12. On TBC legs, there should be no bunching point because I think it defeats the purpose of a double-length leg. At best, it is just a non-elimination leg with no penalty.