Sunday 8:00 PM on CBSIn Season

TAR22 TV.com Pool

amazing_race

[41]Mar 18, 2013
    • level: 54

Leg 5 Update - Hanoi, VIETNAM

*First team eliminated: +50 points
    *Your team is eliminated as part of a double elimination leg: +10 points
    *Your team gets on a faster flight that no other team is on and they arrive 1st at the current destination because of it (this does NOT apply if they get the flight, but then it gets delayed/other problems): +15 points
    *Your team gets engaged: +30 points
    *Your team is penalised 30 minutes: +5 points
    *Your team wins the Fast Forward: +35 points
    *Your team Yields another team: +25 points
    *Your team uses the U-Turn on another team: +25 points
    *Your team receives the U-Turn, but still survives the leg: +35 points
    *Your team gets the non-elimination leg: +15 points
    *Your team survives the "Speed Bump": +25 points
    *Your team begins one Detour, but switches to another (multiple Detour switches will accrue multiple points): +10 points
    *Your team is the only team to successfully complete one side of the Detour: +15 points
    *Someone on your team says the quote in the episode title: +10 points
    *Your team successfully uses the power of the Express Pass: +25 points
    *Your team manages to keep the Express Pass until the last possible leg in which it can be used: +30 points
    *Your team is the first to complete a Starting Line Challenge: +30 points
    *Your team survives the Hazard: +25 points
    Per Leg:
    --Your team wins the leg: +30 points
    --Your team comes in 2nd: +20 points
    --Your team comes in 3rd: +10 points
    *Your team begins the leg in last place, but finishes the leg in first place: +20 points
    *Your team begins the leg in first place, but finishes the leg in last place: +5 points
    *Your team wins consecutive legs of the race: +20 points
    *Your team finishes in the same position (but not first place) on consecutive legs: +10 points
    *4th place: +70 points
    *3rd place: +140 points
    *2nd place: +280 points
    *Winner: +560 points
    For Seasons With Past Racers Returning:
    *Your team places higher than they did in their previous season: +10 points for each position higher

-------------------------

First Place: Pam & Winnie (+30 points)
    Second Place:
    Max & Katie (+20 points)
    Third Place:
    Mona & Beth (+10 points)
    Episode Title:
    Pam & Winnie (+10 points)
    U-Turn Used: Pam & Winnie, Joey & Meghan (+25 points)
    U-Turn Survived: Joey & Meghan, Chuck & Wynona (+35 points)
    First To Last (Technically): Dave & Connor (+5 points)

1. amazing_race - Max & Katie - 70 points
    2. j19000 - Bates & Anthony - 60 points
    3. eaudra1 - Mona & Beth - 10 points
    4. ocean58 - Caroline & Jennifer - 50 points
    5. Taylorg8 - Pam & Winnie - 100 points
    6. SabrinaColema - Chuck & Wynona - 60 points
    7. mstheresa1969 - Joey & Meghan - 80 points

Eliminated Teams:

Leg One: Svith - Matt & Daniel - 90 points
    Leg Two: KWBoogieboy - Idries & Jamil - 10 points
    Leg Three: TBC leg
    Leg Four: Colin_Rob_Rock - Jessica & John - 80 points
    Leg Five: skbrettbug - Dave & Connor - 140 points

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

amazing_race

[42]Mar 18, 2013

So Joey & Meghan and Pam & Winnie scored big this week! And Mona & Beth are finally on the board!

I think Dave & Connor were living on borrowed time, but at least they scored some big points and big wins before going home!

mstheresa1969 wrote:
    getting eliminated with an express pass was the most idiotic move ever on TAR.

I agree that it was a really dumb move, but to be honest I am actually a little surprised to see the fact that nobody has ever been eliminated with and/or eliminated on the leg in which they used the Express Pass. You would think that sooner or later somebody would wind up so far behind that not even the Express Pass would save them (e.g. because of a basically horrible flight like Uchenna & Joyce) but I think we could potentially see that kind of scenario play out in future.

eaudra1

[43]Mar 18, 2013
    • level: 8

Finally my team earned some points, and I've alreadys started to wonder if they are to stay with 0 points until they get the boot/win, etc.

skbrettbug

[44]Mar 18, 2013
    • level: 19

What a shame. I can't win.FrownTAR 23 here I come!

Colin_Rob_Rock

[45]Mar 18, 2013
    • level: 10

amazing_race wrote:

I am actually a little surprised to see the fact that nobody has ever been eliminated with and/or eliminated on the leg in which they used the Express Pass. You would think that sooner or later somebody would wind up so far behind that not even the Express Pass would save them (e.g. because of a basically horrible flight like Uchenna & Joyce) but I think we could potentially see that kind of scenario play out in future.

Yeah but that would be different because they would have tried to use the Express Pass. Rachel/Davealmost got eliminated whenthey used the Express pass but Ralph/Vanessa and Elliot/Andrew were so far behind that they survived.

At first I was surprised that no one came infirst when using the Express pass thenI realized it is better to useit to avoid Last then to use it to get first.

Speakingof theExpressPass. What if inSeason 21 Abbie/Ryan would have gotten the Express pass for winning leg one who would have that season.

amazing_race

[46]Mar 20, 2013

Colin_Rob_Rock wrote:

amazing_race wrote:

I am actually a little surprised to see the fact that nobody has ever been eliminated with and/or eliminated on the leg in which they used the Express Pass. You would think that sooner or later somebody would wind up so far behind that not even the Express Pass would save them (e.g. because of a basically horrible flight like Uchenna & Joyce) but I think we could potentially see that kind of scenario play out in future.

Yeah but that would be different because they would have tried to use the Express Pass. Rachel/Davealmost got eliminated whenthey used the Express pass but Ralph/Vanessa and Elliot/Andrew were so far behind that they survived.

At first I was surprised that no one came infirst when using the Express pass thenI realized it is better to useit to avoid Last then to use it to get first.

Speakingof theExpressPass. What if inSeason 21 Abbie/Ryan would have gotten the Express pass for winning leg one who would have that season.

That's a good question - they probably would still have gone home in the Netherlands because the Express Pass is only able to be used until Leg 8.

amazing_race

[47]Mar 20, 2013

skbrettbug wrote:

What a shame. I can't win.FrownTAR 23 here I come!

Sorry to see you out! But at least you scored quite well compared to most other teams in past seasons who leave this early!

Hopefully you can go further next time!

Colin_Rob_Rock

[48]Mar 20, 2013

amazing_race wrote:

Colin_Rob_Rock wrote:

amazing_race wrote:

That's a good question - they probably would still have gone home in the Netherlands because the Express Pass is only able to be used until Leg 8.

Yeah but they would not have been behind all the other teams by as much and might have beaten the Beakmens that leg.

mstheresa1969

[49]Mar 21, 2013
    • level: 36
    Colin_Rob_Rock wrote:

amazing_race wrote:

Colin_Rob_Rock wrote:

amazing_race wrote:

Yeah but they would not have been behind all the other teams by as much and might have beaten the Beakmens that leg.

they still had the fight problems

Colin_Rob_Rock

[50]Mar 21, 2013

mstheresa1969 wrote:
    Colin_Rob_Rock wrote:

amazing_race wrote:

Colin_Rob_Rock wrote:

amazing_race wrote:

I'm thinking that maybe if they had the express pass they would not have been on that flight that got delayed causeing them to miss a connection but been on an earlier flight with either Natali/Nadia or Jaymes/James

amazing_race

[51]Mar 24, 2013

Colin_Rob_Rock wrote:

mstheresa1969 wrote:
    Colin_Rob_Rock wrote:

amazing_race wrote:

Colin_Rob_Rock wrote:

amazing_race wrote:

I'm thinking that maybe if they had the express pass they would not have been on that flight that got delayed causeing them to miss a connection but been on an earlier flight with either Natali/Nadia or Jaymes/James

It's possible - hard to say for sure. There is also the possibility that they could have used the Express Pass on an earlier leg to try and win the leg (not a smart strategy, but nonetheless possible).

Colin_Rob_Rock

[52]Mar 24, 2013

amazing_race wrote:

It's possible - hard to say for sure. There is also the possibility that they could have used the Express Pass on an earlier leg to try and win the leg (not a smart strategy, but nonetheless possible).

[/QUOTE]

I guess. I'm just hate that the Beakmens won.

mstheresa1969

[53]Mar 24, 2013
    Colin_Rob_Rock wrote:

amazing_race wrote:

I guess. I'm just hate that the Beakmens won.

[/QUOTE]
    I think alot of people do. They did not deserve to

amazing_race

[54]Mar 25, 2013

I didn't hate the Beekmans in the end (and this was after I found them really annoying in the early parts) and I was happy for them, but I preferred the other two teams in the Final Three and I agree that the Beekmans didn't desrve it - it worked out in identical fashion to Eric & Danielle who did not deserve it either.

Anyway, pool update coming shortly!@

amazing_race

[55]Mar 25, 2013

Leg 6 Update - Maun, BOTSWANA

*First team eliminated: +50 points
    *Your team is eliminated as part of a double elimination leg: +10 points
    *Your team gets on a faster flight that no other team is on and they arrive 1st at the current destination because of it (this does NOT apply if they get the flight, but then it gets delayed/other problems): +15 points
    *Your team gets engaged: +30 points
    *Your team is penalised 30 minutes: +5 points
    *Your team wins the Fast Forward: +35 points
    *Your team Yields another team: +25 points
    *Your team uses the U-Turn on another team: +25 points
    *Your team receives the U-Turn, but still survives the leg: +35 points
    *Your team gets the non-elimination leg: +15 points
    *Your team survives the "Speed Bump": +25 points
    *Your team begins one Detour, but switches to another (multiple Detour switches will accrue multiple points): +10 points
    *Your team is the only team to successfully complete one side of the Detour: +15 points
    *Someone on your team says the quote in the episode title: +10 points
    *Your team successfully uses the power of the Express Pass: +25 points
    *Your team manages to keep the Express Pass until the last possible leg in which it can be used: +30 points
    *Your team is the first to complete a Starting Line Challenge: +30 points
    *Your team survives the Hazard: +25 points
    Per Leg:
    --Your team wins the leg: +30 points
    --Your team comes in 2nd: +20 points
    --Your team comes in 3rd: +10 points
    *Your team begins the leg in last place, but finishes the leg in first place: +20 points
    *Your team begins the leg in first place, but finishes the leg in last place: +5 points
    *Your team wins consecutive legs of the race: +20 points
    *Your team finishes in the same position (but not first place) on consecutive legs: +10 points
    *4th place: +70 points
    *3rd place: +140 points
    *2nd place: +280 points
    *Winner: +560 points
    For Seasons With Past Racers Returning:
    *Your team places higher than they did in their previous season: +10 points for each position higher

First Place: Bates & Anthony (+30 points)
    Second Place:
    Pam & Winnie (+20 points)
    Third Place:
    Chuck & Wynona (+10 points)
    Episode Title:
    Joey & Meghan (+10 points)
    Non-Elimination Leg: Max & Katie (+15 points)
    Detour Switch: Joey & Meghan, Mona & Beth, Caroline & Jennifer, Max & Katie (+10 points)
    Only Team To Complete One Side Of Detour: Bates & Anthony (+15 points)
    Same Position On Consecutive Legs: Caroline & Jennifer (5th) (+10 points)

1. amazing_race - Max & Katie - 95 points
    2. j19000 - Bates & Anthony - 105 points
    3. eaudra1 - Mona & Beth - 20 points
    4. ocean58 - Caroline & Jennifer - 70 points
    5. Taylorg8 - Pam & Winnie - 120 points
    6. SabrinaColema - Chuck & Wynona - 70 points
    7. mstheresa1969 - Joey & Meghan - 100 points

Eliminated Teams:

Leg One: Svith - Matt & Daniel - 90 points
    Leg Two: KWBoogieboy - Idries & Jamil - 10 points
    Leg Three: TBC leg
    Leg Four: Colin_Rob_Rock - Jessica & John - 80 points
    Leg Five: skbrettbug - Dave & Connor - 140 points
    Leg Six: Non-elimination leg

amazing_race

[56]Mar 25, 2013

I almost bit the dust this week! I hope my team can bounce back, although Caroline & Jennifer are my new faves!

Bates & Anthony scored high this week, but everybody got at least ten points which is nice to see! (all the Detour switching helped )

Colin_Rob_Rock

[57]Mar 25, 2013

amazing_race wrote:

I didn't hate the Beekmans in the end (and this was after I found them really annoying in the early parts) and I was happy for them, but I preferred the other two teams in the Final Three and I agree that the Beekmans didn't desrve it - it worked out in identical fashion to Eric & Danielle who did not deserve it either.

I think Eric/Danielle deserved more because of Eric's Previous.

I think It was more like Kiesh/Jen who didn't deserve to win.

mstheresa1969

[58]Mar 27, 2013
    Beekmans should have been gone and would have if James and Abba hadn't gotten their passports stolen. but their win was kinda poetic justice for them u-turning Ryan and Abby because they didn't see the beekmans as a threat.
    Back to the current season and the pool, my team's not doing the best, but by the time I got to pick a team--it was only a choice between two teams and my other choice was eliminated early

amazing_race

[59]Apr 1, 2013

Colin_Rob_Rock wrote:

amazing_race wrote:

I think Eric/Danielle deserved more because of Eric's Previous.

I think It was more like Kiesh/Jen who didn't deserve to win.

I think Kisha & Jen definitely deserved their win - more than most. Despite the fact that they didn't win any prior legs, they were consistently finishing high, unlike Eric & Danielle or the Beekmans. Eric was a strong racer with Jeremy, but the team of Eric & Danielle was painful for me to watch, to be honest.

I may be biased about Kisha & Jen though! After all, they are in my Top Five of all time!

amazing_race

[60]Apr 1, 2013

And the pool results will be up shortly for Leg 7!