The Amazing Race Forums

Sunday 8:00 PM on CBSIn Season

The Amazing Race 20 Spoiler/Speculation Thread

j19000

[21]Dec 17, 2011
    • level: 50

So as far as know, Argentina, Paraguay and Italy are confirmed for the early legs?

We possibly have more European destinations (God I do hope...), Dublin in South Africa, Quator Nepal, Mongolia from what I've read and possibly the first visit to New Zealand since Season 13. Just rumours I have read, notnecessarilytrue but lets hope. I want more Europe though, one country as nice as Italy is isn't enough.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

amazing_race

[22]Dec 17, 2011
    • level: 53

Yeah, the 20th season premieres Feb. 19th!

And also, it is true that the legs on TAR19 which were skipped at the last minute were Laos, and not Nepal.

Argentina isn't 100%, but it is about 99.9% confirmed. Paraguay and Italy are definitely confirmed, as there was photographic evidence of one or two teams there.

As for all of this speculation, Mongolia seems unlikely, because if they went from Europe to Nepal, then decided to turn back to Qatar, they would surely not turn back again, to Mongolia. However, we can't rule it out yet! I hope RFF can do what they do best and get us some more details!

Durban, South Africa has been ruled out, unfortunately. I would've loved a leg there, but it is not to be. As for New Zealand, I haven't heard anything about that at all, but if Nepal and Qatar both prove to be true, I would estimate that New Zealand would not be visited, for the same reason as I mentioned regarding Mongolia.

I'm guessing our route looks something like this right now:

Leg 1: USA -> Argentina
    Leg 2: Argentina
    Leg 3: Argentina -> Paraguay
    Leg 4: Paraguay -> Italy (or elsewhere in Europe)
    Leg 5: Italy
    Leg 6: Italy -> somewhere else in Europe
    Leg 7: another leg in Europe, or possibly somewhere in the Middle East or Asia
    Leg 8: Nepal might slot in here
    Leg 9: Qatar might slot in here
    Leg 10 is probably filming right about now, or we could already be up to Leg 11

Nothing beyond Italy has been confirmed by RFF, so let's not get ahead of ourselves, but I most definitely hope that it is true!!!

Also, RFF believes that one of our all-female teams on this race are a pair of women involved in Los Angeles Law Enforcement! Should be interesting to see them!

j19000

[23]Dec 17, 2011

Nice, I am actually kind of excited about this one. I hope the second European country is either Slovakia, Slovenia, Albania, Montenegro or Greece. Somewhere nice and new would be lovely.

So we have a repeat of Season 7 here, turning around and going back to the west after a large majority of legs are completed?

amazing_race

[24]Dec 18, 2011

j19000 wrote:

So we have a repeat of Season 7 here, turning around and going back to the west after a large majority of legs are completed?

Yep, that's what it is looking like at this point, but it isn't 100% confirmed just yet.

Some new info from RFF: they have identified the starting line location as the Bridlewood Winery in California. Well, we knew it was California again, but there's the specific location for anybody interested...

amazing_race

[25]Dec 19, 2011

Looks like we have our end city as Honolulu, Hawaii. This comes, as usual, from RFF. Teams were seen climbing up/down a diagonal rope attached to a particular building. And when I say 'teams', I mean Brendan & Rachel. Looks like the team from Big Brother are in our Final Three, or so RFF believes at the current moment! Let's wait for some confirmation!

Hawaii as the Final Location is really interesting, because it means Mongolia and other countries in that region are quite possible to be the penultimate leg, or the last few legs.

This route looks quite strange, but a good type of strange!

j19000

[26]Dec 20, 2011

The finish line in Hawaii? Oh no no no. That does not sound good, just as it didn't when TAR14 did this. I hope the rest of the routes we aren't sure of are neat.

danieldian

[27]Dec 20, 2011
    • level: 4

Teams were seen in Osaka Castle, Japan. There are photographs showing Phil check the teams in there. So, Japan is confirmed by RFF. Wow, Japan again? I think they will visit Japan on the next season based on the pattern ( 9, 12, 15 and 18 ). Hmmm... will Japan become our next China & India?

Edited on 12/20/2011 10:35pm

j19000

[28]Dec 21, 2011

Gees. They really need to stop with all these legs in Asia, and the same places with that. Exchange them for more legs in Europe.

amazing_race

[29]Dec 22, 2011

Japan is one of very few locations in Asia that I am happy to see, especially Osaka! The last time teams were in Osaka (TAR12) it was one of my favourite legs of all time, with a truly epic Detour!

I will check RFF now and see if there is anything new!

amazing_race

[30]Dec 27, 2011

The great team at RFF has uncovered the following racers:

1. Brendon Villegas & Rachel Reilly - aforementioned Big Brother couple.
    2. Andrew & Elliott Weber - Twin brothers. Andrew supposedly plays soccer in the US for one of the teams.
    3. Danny H & Joey LaSalla - Another all-male team. One of them is supposedly Snooki's personal trainer, lol!
    4. Ralph Kelley & Vanessa Macias - a couple.
    5. Bopper Minton & Mark Jackson - all-male team.
    6. Jamie Graetz & Nareman Ebeid - the aforementioned female law enforcement team.
    7. Maiya & Misa Tanaka - Asian-American sisters.
    8. Kerri Paul & Stacy Bowers - friends in their early 30s.
    9. Dave Brown & ? - a racer by this name was identified, but no news on the teammate yet.

As usual, we have to credit the lovely people at RFF for all this info!

danieldian

[31]Jan 13, 2012
    • level: 4

There's no much spoiler for this season, huh? It's kinda sad

BobFrye1

[32]Jan 24, 2012
    • level: 1
    I love this race. Applied twice, actually stumbled on the the start of the race in 2005 as I was on the way from my friends house to the airport and saw a few of the teams driving.

amazing_race

[33]Feb 20, 2012

I realised I haven't update d this thread in a while. So here are the confirmed destinations of TAR20 so far, in the estimated order: (note that there could potentially be a missing country that could be slotted in at some point)

Paraguay (Leg 3, after another Argentine leg for Leg 2)

Germany

Italy

Azerbaijan

Tanzania

IndiaYell

Japan

I'm guessing there is still one more country missing, but there could possible be lots of double legs in certain countries?

eaudra1

[34]Feb 21, 2012
    • level: 8

Thanks for an update. I'm most awaiting Azerbaijani leg. It could be SO good, and hopefully it will

j19000

[35]Feb 27, 2012

I am not impressed with this season so far. With two episodes gone, I expect a huge improvement by Italy or I'm out for good. The casting plays a significant role in the issue, as well as the lack of thought in the task design.

amazing_race

[36]Feb 28, 2012

j19000 wrote:

I am not impressed with this season so far. With two episodes gone, I expect a huge improvement by Italy or I'm out for good. The casting plays a significant role in the issue, as well as the lack of thought in the task design.

I'm not minding the cast too much. I definitely prefer this cast over the TAR19 cast. But I don't like the race route, the tasks so far have been average at best, and I also hope that Europe brings improvement!

Having said that, the preview for Episode 3 looks really interesting! The watermelon pyramid seems like a really tricky task, and I think it will be fun to watch! I certainly hope so!

eaudra1

[37]Feb 28, 2012
    • level: 8

Well, the first couple of legs tasks wise was indeed rather mediocre. I'm OK with the cast so far, with one huge exception of those New Yorkers. get rid of them like yesterday! What keeps me into this season is the drama. And it seems one is already cooking out there already.

Though I also keep my fingers crossed for the race to improve with Europe too.

amazing_race

[38]Feb 29, 2012

The only members of the cast that I don't like are Art & JJ. I am really loving almost everyone else, but I have to agree that tasks have been below par. I have high hopes for the third leg, though, as there was evidently a task involving harps (which we've never seen before) and a cumbersome watermelon pyramid, which looks like it may result in a lot of drama!

The Roadblock in Paraguay is supposedly involving a Paraguayan bottle dance, in which they must dance while balancing a bottle on their head. That could also result in drama!

I'm quite excited about Leg 3! I just hope it lives up to my expectations...

amazing_race

[39]Mar 31, 2012

Looks like the remainder of this race will take the following route:

Leg 7: Tanzania

Leg 8: Tanzanis

Leg 9: India

Leg 10: India

Leg 11: Japan

Leg 12: Hawaii

Thrilled with the double Tanzania, but two legs in India is going to be hard to tolerate. Apparently the Japan/Hawaii legs will be shown in a 2-hr season finale.

Also, RFF is speculating the Final Three to be Brendon & Rachel, Rachel & Dave and Art & JJ. That works for me, as long as one of the Rachel teams win.

amazing_race

[40]Apr 21, 2012

Apparently the Episode 10 title will be "I Need Hair To Be Pretty"...

Doe s this mean the notorious head shaving is back?

If so, then it will be three FFs, which is almost too good to believe! Can't wait to see what happens!