We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

The Amazing Race Forums

Friday 8:00 PM on CBSIn Season

The Amazing Race 20 Spoiler/Speculation Thread

amazing_race

[41]Apr 23, 2012
    • level: 55

Well Rachel was spotted in Hawaii in the Final Three and she had her hair, so I'm guessing that if it is head shaving, she won't do it!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SabrinaColema

[42]May 5, 2012
    • level: 9

It's been quite a while since I've posted here!

Can I just say I really like(d) this season. UP'S (Y):
    -Obvious: It was a MAJOR improvement from TAR19! ABSOLUTELY. TAR19 was so awful.
    -I liked the fact that they literally "travel" more in this season. By this I mean they flew to more countries, unlike last season where like every country they visit, they remain there the next leg.
    -DRAMA!! This element has been MISSING from the recent seasons. TAR19 had no drama I believe [ It was a very very forgettable season ], but if there was drama it was minor and stupid. TAR18… there really wasn't any conflict between the teams, it was the same old kind of drama where (a) couple(s) fight with each other [ i.e. Kent & Vyxsin ]. TAR17 was totally drama-free, honestly, albeit I liked that season a lot Anyway, there was EXPLOSIVE confrontation as Phil said during the season preview. We have Rachel VS Vanessa of course, Dave VS Rachel, Rachel VS Brendon, Nary & Jamie VS Art & JJ, Art VS JJ, I just liked it a lot. AND, there's even more unaired footage of "fights": Kerri & Stacy VS Twins VS Vanessa & Ralph, Kerri & Stacy VS Dave. -Fast Forwards! I didn't really care for them, but I liked seeing them return, especially for THREE times this season. And I believe it's the first time to have three since all the way back to season 4.
    -SWITCHBACK - hah, this is a very minor thing, but I enjoyed hearing that twist coming up.
    -SUSPENSE: there's a lot of suspense this season. Leg 3 had one of the closest footraces ever for survival-Vanessa & Ralph VS Elliot & Andrew. Leg 5 had Nary & Jamie VS Kerri & Stacy [ although it was not very close or very suspenseful ], Leg 10 had Art & JJ VS Mark & Bopper [ although it was not close ].
    -AIRPORT FOOTAGE: For the past few seasons there's like no footage at all in the airport. It's just teams departing at the beginning of the leg, and bam, there in their new destination. This season saw the return of the word… "standby." Haha, but it's true!

DOWN'S:
    -Lack of U-Turns: I think they should have had more, honestly. One Double-U-Turn just doesn't seem like enough. Especially with such drama this season as well.
    -Tasks: the tasks really bring down this season. They're too easy at times or just plain boring. Jumping up and down for one minute as a Detour choice? Landing a helicopter on your teammates head? Rappelling down some random building? Where's all the culture in these tasks? Or the mental abilities? They just are disappointing.
    -1st place finishes: I know TAR can't control this, but I just hate seeing the same two teams dominating like the entire thing. And in fact, these two teams are probably successful in their lives without the million from the race: Rachel & Dave and Art & JJ. TAR can't control this factor, but this just bothers me.

Although I really liked this season, In TAR standards, it's pretty poor but just almost at average. Can't wait for the finale! As a team skips the Roadblock and goes to the Finish Line, and Phil ends up saying his famous word, "HOWEVER"!

amazing_race

[43]May 6, 2012

I agree with all your comments there! It sums TAR20 up perfectly!

Definitely a huge, huge improvement, and if a decent team wins, then this will go down as a pretty good season for me! I definitely wis h there was another U-Turn though!

SabrinaColema

[44]May 6, 2012
    • level: 9
    Aww. Real bummer.
    I'm fine with the F3,
    but to be honest, I actually only liked Brendon & Rachel out of them.
    Seeing them struggle was quite a bummer, because they were so confident and they really, really, really had a shot.
    They even could've changed the outcome if they didn't make that "Stadium-Taxi" mistake. Gaah.

I'm not too fond of teams winning so many legs. It's just boring.
    And Rachel & Dave kept talking about their "record" and that annoyed me.
    So their "comeback" wasn't so triumphant for me honestly.

I didn't find this to be very "close" honestly, though it actually was a bit close. Maybe it's because 2 teams I don't like are battling for the win :-\

I forgot to add this to my list above: it's a DOWN--
    -BOOT ORDER: they can't control this either, but the more likeable teams got eliminated earlier.

All in all, I would give this season a 7 or 8 out of 10. IF ONLY Brenchel didn't make that stupid mistake and this Race really could've been closer and more exciting, I would probably change the range score to 8-9 out of 10. I don't care if they already won Big Brother, which actually I have never seen Brenchel on or even watched the show. Also, it's a bummer seeing Brenchel leaving the Race with nothing, but hey, there's the fantastic memories!

amazing_race

[45]May 9, 2012

I found myself cheering for Brenchel in the finale as well, even though I had been supporting Davechel for most of the season. I definitely wish Brenchel could've pulled off the win. That taxi mistake killed them.

But I am super relieved that Davechel won! I absolutely hated Art & JJ, so I am so relived that Davechel was able to secure the win! The finale had AWFUL task design, but it was amazingly suspenseful!

Poor Vanessa - I felt so sorry for her in Japan, running with her injured ankle!Cry

I definitely would love to see any of the teams who finished from 3rd-7th come back for another run, and especially Bopper & Mark, who I really love so much after watching them battle the odds for their children.