The Amazing Race Forums

Friday 8:00 PM on CBSIn Season

The Amazing Race ORG

skbrettbug

[81]Sep 11, 2013
    • level: 20
    mstheresa1969 wrote:
    lol...I actually went to college at SIU

Did you see the game vs Illini a few weeks ago?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

skbrettbug

[82]Sep 12, 2013
    Amanda will be posting the rules shortly

dool_girl

[83]Sep 12, 2013
    • level: 27

Welcome!

In this Amazing Race, you will be racing against other members of the forum. The race will run very similar to the actual race.

We are going to now go over some of the basic rules of the race to make sure everyone understands.

The Race will consist of different clues that you have to follow in order to complete a series of tasks.

Possible Types of Clues:

Route Information: Route info clues instruct players where to go next. The clue may only provide the destination and the player must figure out how to get there OR the clue may be VERY specific about what kind of transportation to use. The route info clues can instruct players to go to several different types of locations including but not limited to: a specific location in a new city or country, another location within the team's present city, the Pit stop of the leg and the finish line of the race.

Detour: A detour is a choice between two tasks, each has its pros and cons. Players must complete one of the tasks described on the clue in order to receive their next clue. One task is typically an easier option, while the other is usually a more difficult or "frightening" option.

Roadblock: A roadblock is a task which only one team member may perform on the TV show. Since there is only one player per team, everybody must completely every roadblock individually.

Fast Forward: The fast forward allows the team that receives it to skip all remaining tasks on that leg of the race and proceed directly to the Pit stop. To receive the fast forward the team must be the first team to perform and successfully complete the task described on the FF clue. Only one team may use each fast forward.

Yield: The yield allows any one team to force another team to stop racing for a predetermined amount of time. To Yield an opponent, a team places the picture of the team they wish to yield on the Yield sign. When the yielded team arrives at the Yield, they must turn over the hour glass found waiting for them and wait for all the sand to drain before they can continue racing.

U-Turn: The U-turn allows any one team to force another team to complete both tasks in the detour before they can continue racing. In some cases a U-turn may be "blind" so the team causing the U-turn is not revealed. In other cases the team will be forced to reveal themselves.

We are unsure if we will use any Fast Forwards in the race as of now. If we do you will always be forewarned that a Fast Forward is ahead. The same is true for all Yields and U-turns.

This is Post ONE of TWO regardings rules for the race. The second will follow shortly!

dool_girl

[84]Sep 12, 2013

Rules Part Two:

Unlike the actual race, this will not necessarily be based on TIME in the end. Instead the scoring in this game will be based off of points. In the end, however, it does all come down to who completes each task the quickest.

General rules about Legs:

In general each Leg of the Race will take about 1 week to complete. Instead of us posting an entire leg at once, the leg will be split up into about 2-5 different "mini" legs. Overall you will receive about 24 hours to complete each task in a leg.

If the task is more difficult or more time consuming, however, we will allow for more time.

Also, if a majority of the group are not finished with the task within 5 hours of the deadline, we will extend the deadline.

Each task will have a specific point value.

NOTE: POINTS ARE BAD!! THE MORE POINTS YOU HAVE, THE WORSE YOU DID FOR THE TASK. THE FINAL ORDER FOR A LEG AT A PIT STOP WILL BE BASED OFF OF THESE POINTS.

In most cases points will be awarded as follows, with first obviously being the best and last being the worse:

1. +2 points

2. +4 points

3. +6 points

4. +8 points

5. +10 points

6. +12 points

7. +14 points

8. +16 points

9. +18 points

10.+20 points

11.+22 points

For the most part we will always make you aware how much points are, but there may be some tasks that the point value will NOT be made known.

For the Detour task one will be harder, or more 'daring' and one will be easier. Completing the easier task you will get more points, completing the harder task you will get less. You will also get the additional points in the order that you complete the task compared to the other teams.

We will always make it clear what the point value is for each task! In some cases, however, you will be given 2 choices and will just know that one is worth +5 and one worth +10. It will be a matter of luck, which is often time the case in the actual Amazing Race.

IF your team does not sign-up or complete a task by the deadline you will AUTOMATICALLY receive the worse possible points for that round.

These points are a way to try and keep the game as fair as possible and to keep a team alive throughout the entire leg. Just because you come last in one tasks, does not necessarily mean you will come out last overall, so NEVER give up during a leg!!

Also another important thing to consider, is that even though you will know where you rank in terms of flight sign ups and other public sign ups, I will NOT make it public how fast you completed each task until the end of a leg, so you can never be too certain as to how close to the front you are.

20% of your points will be carried over into the next leg. If you come in first place during a leg, however, chances are LESS of your points will be carried over, so always aim to come in first!

If you have any questions about scoring and points please feel free to ask!

The order you finish in each PART of each LEG will be important. Points will always be awarded based on the order you finish unless otherwise stated. The point chart will be like the one above.

So sometimes taking that extra 5 points for the easy detour, may be a better choice. YOU MAKE THE CALL!

Lastly the most important rule is to HAVE FUN!

If you have ANY questions about any of the rules be sure to ask!

skbrettbug

[85]Sep 12, 2013

Ditto

dharma23

[86]Sep 13, 2013
    • level: 10
    SO excited for this to start!!!

skbrettbug

[87]Sep 13, 2013
    So am I

Colin_Rob_Rock

[88]Sep 13, 2013
    • level: 12

I'm excitedbut the 24 hour limit worries me a little.

skbrettbug

[89]Sep 13, 2013

We may make exceptions if you're usually active. Good Yomtov

skbrettbug

[90]Sep 13, 2013

Brendan. Jake. Yami. You guys have 3 days. We're gonna be strict people.

Colin_Rob_Rock

[91]Sep 13, 2013

skbrettbug wrote:

We may make exceptions if you're usually active. Good Yomtov

Thank you.

mstheresa1969

[92]Sep 13, 2013
    • level: 36

Amanda, is this going to be similar to the Amazing Race game you had going on a few years back?

skbrettbug

[93]Sep 14, 2013

Theresa-Yes. That is the plan Of course it is gonna be a bit different because you are competing on your own !

D-DawgMan1

[94]Sep 14, 2013
    • level: 49
    So excited for the game to start. Amanda, Brett, this is definitely going to be a great competition.

skbrettbug

[95]Sep 14, 2013

I am so excited as well!

Hopefully Brendan, Jake, and Yami will show up...please?

JakeCpFrato

[96]Sep 14, 2013
    • level: 14
    I hate to say it, but combined with not being able to grasp this game correctly and the little time I have to get on a computer, I have to pull out of the ORG!

Brett, Amanda, I really am sorry! Good luck to everyone!

skbrettbug

[97]Sep 14, 2013
    Well that's ok

dool_girl

[98]Sep 15, 2013

Reminder We are starting tomorrow night at 7pm Central time!!

Edited on 09/15/2013 1:50pm

Colin_Rob_Rock

[99]Sep 15, 2013

So that is 8:00 pm Eastern. It's an hour difference right?

UnovaChampion

[100]Sep 15, 2013
    • level: 19
    Sadly guys I think I'm just going to drop out as well, I have my Senior year to focus on. No hard feelings, good luck to everyone else and I hope you all race your tushies off.