The Amazing Race Forums

Sunday 8:00 PM on CBSIn Season

The perfect destination list

j19000

[21]Oct 25, 2011
    • level: 50

Cool list! Ok. Lets see:

1. TAR16 - Epernay, FRANCE - Disagree, just because I hate TAR 16. The actual location and tasks were alright though.

2. TAR3 - Aberdeen, SCOTLAND - Definitely agree. That leg was amazing, it was UK and Scottish! I loved the music, the Detour in Cambridge and the Roadblock.

3. TAR6 - Stockholm, SWEDEN - Yes, just yes! Best leg ever in Europe in my opinion. This leg was amaaaaaazing. Excellent tasks perfect. I especially loved the Detour, and the music playing during Phil's synopsis of it (call me weird haha).

4. TAR12 - Dubrovnik, CROATIA - Not quite, but it was good.

5. TAR12 - Florence, ITALY - Again, it was good but nothing much more to me.

6. TAR3 - Montreux, SWITZERLAND - I totally agree. Perfect leg.

7. TAR12 - Vilnius, LITHUANIA - I rather liked this leg, beautiful nice tasks and a good outcome.

8. TAR3 - Grindelwald, SWITZERLAND - Yes, I just loved the Grindewald leg. It is top notch. The Roadblock and the long foot race to the finish in particular.

9. TAR15 - Prague, CZECH REPUBLIC (2nd leg) - Yes, I loved the penultimate leg despite the Globetrotter's elimination.

10. TAR6 - Voss, NORWAY - Oh yeah definitely. One of the first full episodes I ever saw of TAR, after Cairo, EGYPT, Dubai EMIRATES and the New Zealand leg of TAR 5. The tasks of this second leg were perfect, it reminded me of leg 8 from TAR3, but even superior. Perfect episode.

11. TAR17 - Saint Petersburg, RUSSIA (1st leg) - Disagree. I don't even consider Russia to be part of Europe.

12. TAR14 - Bucharest, ROMANIA - Disagree, just because Victor annoyed the crap out of me this leg.

13. TAR5 - Pushkin, RUSSIA - Not quite for me. I don't consider any part of Russia to be Europe, and this leg, although great was not among the bests.

14. TAR7 - London, ENGLAND - Yes, I agree. Although I don't know whether I would consider the UK to be part of Europe, this leg was wicked. Thought TAR 7 would continue its poor route after the nice Turkey to the east but this leg proved me wrong. The Detour and Roadblocks were incredible.

15. TAR18 - Zermatt, SWITZERLAND (2nd leg) - Yes. I didn't think much of these two Swiss legs of TAR 18 at first, but now they're definitely among the greats.

16. TAR18 - Zermatt, SWITZERLAND (1st leg) - My favorite leg from TAR18, and another honorable mention. The scenery was spectacular, Liechtenstein and Switzerland were equally outstanding.

17. TAR4 - Saint-Remy-de-Provence, FRANCE - Disagree. Even though the first five legs of TAR4 had the top mark for scenery, they were still from the same season, with rough contestants and a boring factor.

18. TAR4 - Amsterdam, THE NETHERLANDS - Same as above, but this was my favorite leg from TAR4.

19. TAR18 - Salzburg, AUSTRIA - Yes, I agree. This leg changed my outlook of TAR 18, in a very positive sense. The tasks were interesting, the scenery had the strength, and the outcome of the finishing order was good.

20. TAR4 - Gmunden, AUSTRIA - Disagree. I did not enjoy this leg until the Roadblock anyway.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

j19000

[22]Oct 25, 2011

My perfect destination list if they were travelling west and only to new countries:

1. USA - Tahiti

2. Tahiti - Nepal

3. Nepal - Yemen

4. Yemen - Uganda

5. Uganda - Kenya (TAR 5 does not count)

6. Kenya

7. Kenya - Albania

8. Albania - Slovenia

9. Slovenia - Denmark (Denmark hasn't been aired yet)

10. Denmark

11. Denmark - Monaco

12. Monaco - Venezuela - USA

amazing_race

[23]Oct 26, 2011
    • level: 54

For some reason, every time I watch TAR12 I like it more and more. For me, TAR12 is right up there (just behind) with TAR3 and TAR5-7 for the best season of TAR.

I really like that destination list from your previous post, although I'd personally choose different European countries (except Denmark) but that's just me.

j19000

[24]Oct 27, 2011

That's quite OK.

Well in regards to European countries it is hard to pick but I would definitely love to see them travel to Corfu Island (Greece) because it was like the best James Bond location ever, Luxembourg, Slovenia, Albania, San Marino, Monaco, Slovakia, Latvia and Denmark.

Now, a destination list only to countries we have visited:

1. USA > Costa Rica

2. Costa Rica > New Zealand

3. New Zealand > Australia

4. Australia > United Arab Emirates

5. United Arab Emirates > Tanzania

6. Tanzania > Egypt

7. Egypt > Greece

8. Greece > Norway

9. Norway > Italy

10. Italy

11. Italy > Switzerland

12. Switzerland > Canada > USA

This just means already visited countries, but places in the country that have not already been visited does not count. So even if they have not been to Corfu in Greece, the country has been visited at least once so they can go to Corfu.

Off topic a little -

I forgot to mention, one place I would really like TAR to visit, well two actually are Haiti and The Bahamas, especially The Bahamas. There are also so many places in Europe I would love to see that TAR has not yet explored.

amazing_race

[25]Oct 27, 2011

That is a really good list of already-visited countries. Personally, I'd swap Costa Rica with Jamaica (even though I would love to see a Switchback of the red coffee beans in Costa Rica) and I might swap Tanzania with Ethiopia and perhaps do the two-donkey challenge which screwed over Johnathan & Victoria!

danieldian

[26]Nov 28, 2011
    • level: 4

Despite the poor tasks on this season, I really like the route of the 19th season of TAR. Taiwan - Indonesia - Thailand - Malawi - Denmark - Belgium - Panama. There are four new countries, and the most important thing is no India or China .

Anyway, for the 20th season, I really want to see 3-4 new countries and some overdue countries. My list would be like this:

Leg 1. Venezuela or Suriname or Paraguay. Since it is likely that they will visit South America for the first leg, I'd love to see those countries

Leg 2. Spain. TAR hasn't visited this country for a long time and it needs to be revisited again.

Leg 3. Spain/Portugal. Portugal appears for the first time in Season 3 and hasn't been visited again since. It's a great time to visit Portugal again

Leg 4. Portugal

Leg 5. Mali. Mali is probably one of the good countries in Africa and I don't see any reason why they didn't visit it. Timbuktu, anyone?

Leg 6. Mali

Leg 7. Qatar. Visiting Qatar will be a good promotion, I think, for its World Cup event in 2022.

Leg 8. Laos/Indonesia. Laos will be a great destination, and it is safe I assume. After visiting Indonesia on this season, I suppose they'll make another visit again to this country. We haven't even seen Bali and Lombok.

Leg 9. Laos/Indonesia

Leg 10. New Zealand. Man, they should come to New Zealand again!!!

Leg 11. New Zealand

j19000

[27]Nov 28, 2011

Danieldan, are you from New Zealand? I am, live in Auckland.

Sad to say I don't think I like Belgium as a TAR destination. It just doesn't work.

amazing_race

[28]Nov 29, 2011

Belgium was beyond doubt my least favourite European location of all time. Nothing worked...

danieldian's list is great - I would love Qatar, but like I said elsewhere, the 2022 World Cup is still really far away. However, I hope you are right and they decide to go there!

Spain and Portugal are both heavily overdue for a visit! I would love to see Greece also, and definitely Italy. I'd much prefer them having great legs in countries that they've been to before, rather than awful legs in new countries.

I would also definitely want them to go to Armenia too, as I come from an Armenian background. Having visited it last year, I think there are a lot of beautiful places to visit and a few great tasks could possibly be implemented! Above all, I would love to see an eating challenge involving some sort of Armenian dish! I would find that hilarious!

New Zealand would be great! It is overdue!

Laos and Nepal wouldn't be bad - if they had to go to Asia, hopefully they will hit these new countries, rather than the boring old China and India all over again...

j19000

[29]Dec 3, 2011

amazing_race wrote:

Belgium was beyond doubt my least favourite European location of all time. Nothing worked...

danieldian's list is great - I would love Qatar, but like I said elsewhere, the 2022 World Cup is still really far away. However, I hope you are right and they decide to go there!

Spain and Portugal are both heavily overdue for a visit! I would love to see Greece also, and definitely Italy. I'd much prefer them having great legs in countries that they've been to before, rather than awful legs in new countries.

I would also definitely want them to go to Armenia too, as I come from an Armenian background. Having visited it last year, I think there are a lot of beautiful places to visit and a few great tasks could possibly be implemented! Above all, I would love to see an eating challenge involving some sort of Armenian dish! I would find that hilarious!

New Zealand would be great! It is overdue!

Laos and Nepal wouldn't be bad - if they had to go to Asia, hopefully they will hit these new countries, rather than the boring old China and India all over again...

Exactly. For the 20th season, for once I am actually glad they are going to South America. At least they provide some great legs. I agree with you, Belgium is by far the worst European location ever to be visited on The Amazing Race, even more than Russia! It was terrible. I have heard boring and dull things about Belgium, but I never believed it. I think it also has a lot to do with the producers, but even so, I can't deny that Belgium was way out of taste for The Amazing Race. I hope they never go there again. I could accept Luxembourg, though only for one leg.

You're right amazing_race, I would rather they keep revising the majority of the countries for fantastic legs rather than bring on new, out of place locations, which is effectively almost all that is left for TAR. Though Paraguay will be worth it, and Venezuela would absolutely bring up the location mix.

Onto countries they should focus on, and are overdue for a visit:

North America:

Canada

South America:

Venezuela, Paraguay, Costa Rica

South Pacific:

Tahiti, New Zealand

Asia:

Yemen, Nepal

Africa:

Uganda, Kenya

Europe:

Greece, Albania, Slovenia, Italy, Croatia, Spain, Portugal and Norway.

I would also love to see Switzerland again, but in the summer time only, as well as southern Germany.

Greece is my top to visit Europe destination at the moment. It has so much, not Athens but all the islands, the rock formations, Corfu island, Crete, etc. Beautiful place.

Edited on 12/03/2011 4:01pm
    Edited 2 total times.

danieldian

[30]Dec 4, 2011
    • level: 4

Thank you, amazing_race. However, I can leave out Venezuela, Spain, and Portugal from my list since I assume we don't see these countries on this season. But I really glad they visit Paraguay

amazing_race

[31]Dec 4, 2011

danieldian wrote:

Thank you, amazing_race. However, I can leave out Venezuela, Spain, and Portugal from my list since I assume we don't see these countries on this season. But I really glad they visit Paraguay

Yeah, Venezuela probably won't be happening, but I hope they pop into Spain or Portugal for a leg or two. I really want to see those countries!

j19000

[32]Nov 6, 2012

Here are a list of countries they need to visit... Some that would be awesome and never visited.

1. Montenegro 2. Slovakia 3. Luxembourg 4. Monaco 5. Slovenia 6. Gibraltar 7. Tahiti 8. Bosnia & Herzegovina 9. Macedonia 10. Venezuela