The Amazing Race Forums

Sunday 8:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Unaired Facts of TAR: What you don't know

starwolf99

[1]Dec 30, 2005
    • level: 12
    I've been watching the first seven seasons on DVD when I discovered something called tarflies.com in which the site talks about cons and interviews with former racers. I was informed of character aspects that weren't aired on the show.
    This board is dedicated to talking about tidbits and facts about the teams that you wouldn't know about by watching the show.

Example 1:
    Ron and Kelly from Season 7 were actually broken up prior to the race. In an interview, Kelly mentioned that, being the romantic, she wanted to see if they can rekindle their relationship. Ron's decision about commitment was made well before the start of the season.
    In addition, she claimed that the producers wanted to see if Ron can be paired with another POW to make it a more interesting team.

Example 2:
    Jonathan/Victoria and Adam/Rebecca from Season 6 had an alliance which was not aired. This was the reason for Adam/Rebecca yielding Freddy/Kendra in Ethiopia.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

angelpie29

[2]Dec 30, 2005
    • level: 9
    :
    Example 2:
    Jonathan/Victoria and Adam/Rebecca from Season 6 had an alliance which was not aired. This was the reason for Adam/Rebecca yielding Freddy/Kendra in Ethiopia

I actually found that one fairly obvious. Jonathan yells at Rebecca/Adam to yield Freddy and Kendra.

Other random things:

Rebecca originally tried out for a previous season but they did not like the chemistry with her partner. After she reapplied with Adam she was chosen because they thought it would be interesting

I could be wrong but I think Emily had a little fling with either Rob or Brennan while they were racing.

TAR8 was supposed to go to Belize but it was cancelled out becuase of one of the Hurricanes so they stayed an extra day in Costa Rica

starwolf99

[3]Dec 30, 2005
    • level: 12
    I don't know if they talk about this in the Season 7 commentaries, but Uchenna/Joyce originally tried out for Season 6 but backed out because they thought that Joyce was pregnant. Also, it would have looked like a Chip/Kim clone.

Toony-Almeida

[4]Dec 31, 2005
    • level: 5
    in addition to rebeccas trying out before tar6 i thought that lena also tried out with someone else before tar6 before she reapplied with her sister

frenchmaid123

[5]Dec 31, 2005
    • level: 8
    Nobody knows this but in TAR7 Rob had it out for Gretchen.

-1251 Days til I Graduate

Yoshirocks182

[6]Jan 1, 2006
    • level: 6
    Yeah Toony, Lena orginally tried out for AR4 with her brother. She got to the final round of contestant choosing, but was turned down. They then took her and Kristy for TAR6. Lena also did work in the casting for AR9 . (Got this straight from another racer)

Matthewv1

[7]Jan 1, 2006
    • level: 1
    frenchmaid123 wrote:
    Nobody knows this but in TAR7 Rob had it out for Gretchen.

-1251 Days til I Graduate

Did they actually say this somewhere, or are you just making it up because you don't like Rob?

QMSteen4

[8]Jan 1, 2006
    Uchenna and Joyce claimed they were 45 minutes ahead... which was very untrue... Romber said it was only minutes....

Also, everyone knows they stop the teams... Romber were probably just there waiting for Uchenna and Joyce to get interviewed so they coukd run it when they were done.....

If it werent for the Train stopping Kris and Jon in TAR 6, it would have been a very very close footrace to the finish between, Kris and Jon and Freddy and Kendra.....

QMSteen4

[9]Jan 1, 2006
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazing_Race

This is a great site for Race facts.... and if you go by season (Choices on the bottom) each side gives you good choices.....

Toony-Almeida

[10]Jan 1, 2006
    QMSteen4 wrote:
    Romber said it was only minutes....

That's very untrue. Uchenna and Joyce claimed they were 45 minutes ahead...

angelpie29

[11]Jan 1, 2006
    Toony-Almeida wrote:
    QMSteen4 wrote:

who knows... one person says one thing and another person says another... it doesn't really matter

But once the first person has reached the finish mat they hold the other teams behind a bit... In TAR8 they were like seconds behind but the Linz' talked quite a long time before the Bransens showed up (in relation to when they left) so I am sure that once the winner has been announced they hold the other teams behind a few minutes then let them run in the order they came.

(so had the Weavers finished the roadblock before the Bransens went in, then the Weavers would have been stopped for a bit I imagine)

Toony-Almeida

[12]Jan 1, 2006
    angelpie29 wrote:
    Toony-Almeida wrote:
    QMSteen4 wrote:

who knows... one person says one thing and another person says another... it doesn't really matter

i know thats why i posted that lol

angelpie29

[13]Jan 1, 2006
    Toony-Almeida wrote:
    angelpie29 wrote:
    Toony-Almeida wrote:
    QMSteen4 wrote:

i know thats why i posted that lol

though the way you posted it was implying that Uchenna and Joyce were right. Who knows though. I have read both that Rob/Amber were close behind and others that have said they were quite far behind.

I do believe that Romber was held back. If you think about it in the last episode Amber/Rob are walking in, not running like they normally do and Rob says "it's Uchenna and Joyce" which to me shows that they were told someone already won, just not who.

In Season 1 when Frank/Margarita arrived they were running and thought they had won. since they were 20 minutes behind they did not need to be held back since there was enough time for Phil to talk to Rob/Brennan.

In Season 8 the editing makes it seem like Bransen was a lot further behind, but we can clearly see that just has Nick starts to run Bransen dad is done, meaning that he was probably at most 60 seconds behind, yet they came in quite far behind, which to me shows that they held the Bransens back a bit so that Phil could talk to the winners.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Was it mentioned on here that the leg in Hungary was originally going to be a Non-Elimination leg but when the producers found out that begging is illegal in Hungary they changed it to a double leg (season 6)

angelpie29

[14]Jan 1, 2006
    Toony my last post was not meant to be rude

Also Season 8 was supposed to go to Belize after Costa Rica but bc of Hurricane Emily they cancelled that leg and gave the racers a day in Costa Rica (making the pit stop 36 hours)

Yoshirocks182

[15]Jan 1, 2006
    I dunno angel....I don't think they'd hold up the teams. The Bransens looked a few minutes behind, and thats how long the Linzs had at the mat before the bransens got there. Most of the questioning came after. And Toony was just pointing out that QM assumed since Romber said one thing was true, that Uchenna and Joyce had lied, when we really don't know who was right...it could be either.

Toony-Almeida

[16]Jan 1, 2006
    yeah sorry for the misunderstanding i just kinda wanted to agree with uchenna/joyce since qmsteen agreed with romber lol but of course who knows how far romber was behind but im not mad at all

wasnt there a nut finding roadblock or some roadblock with nuts in united arab emirates in season 5 it wasnt aired i dunno why i guess it didnt affect the order of the teams placings and maybe editors wanted to show other things idk

Matthewv1

[17]Jan 1, 2006
    • level: 1
    Yoshirocks182 wrote:
    I dunno angel....I don't think they'd hold up the teams. The Bransens looked a few minutes behind, and thats how long the Linzs had at the mat before the bransens got there. Most of the questioning came after. And Toony was just pointing out that QM assumed since Romber said one thing was true, that Uchenna and Joyce had lied, when we really don't know who was right...it could be either.

I always assumed that they just reshot the footage of phil asking questions and the teams talking about the race.

Like just let the teams come in as they are, have phil announce to the winning team that they won. THen after all 3 teams are in. take teams 2 and 3 away and talk to team #1 for however long, then bring team 2 in and talk to them while team 1 is still there and do the same for team 3.

Wouldn't that make more sense?

On a side note, I've heard that they shoot the finish several different times with various combinations of 3 teams. So that if someone were to be watching, they wouldn't know for sure who had won.

crazy_legs_1205

[18]Jan 1, 2006
    • level: 8
    Toony-Almeida wrote:
    yeah sorry for the misunderstanding i just kinda wanted to agree with uchenna/joyce since qmsteen agreed with romber lol but of course who knows how far romber was behind but im not mad at all

wasnt there a nut finding roadblock or some roadblock with nuts in united arab emirates in season 5 it wasnt aired i dunno why i guess it didnt affect the order of the teams placings and maybe editors wanted to show other things idk

Yeah, that was the same leg with Colin's cab incident. They spent a lot of time showing that, so that's probably why they didn't show the Roadblock.

In the last leg of that same season, there was a task where they had to buy winter clothes for the Olympic detour, and a Roadblock where they had to build a teepee, both of which weren't shown. Wanna guess who did the Roadblock for the remaining three teams?

Yoshirocks182

[19]Jan 1, 2006
    Interesting thoughts Matt...It is possible they shoot the footage again, who knows. And it wouldn't surprise me if they did shoot different finishes. It'd be a good idea and I know they shoot the start a few times to get all the camera angles and stuff.

Toony-Almeida

[20]Jan 1, 2006
    crazy_legs_1205 wrote:
    In the last leg of that same season, there was a task where they had to buy winter clothes for the Olympic detour, and a Roadblock where they had to build a teepee, both of which weren't shown. Wanna guess who did the Roadblock for the remaining three teams?

um, the women? lol

also wasnt there a roadblock in leg 1 of season 1 like eating ostrich eggs or something or was that already mentioned here sorry