The Amazing Race Forums

Sunday 8:00 PM on CBSBetween Seasons

"We Are Charlie Chaplin" (19.11 12/4/11)

Who will be pummelled in Panama?

amazing_race

[1]Nov 29, 2011
    • level: 54

The remaining four teams race to Panama for the penultimate leg of the race!

Will Andy & Tommy keep riding high on the mountain, or will they avalanche back to the bottom?

Will Jeremy & Sandy book a spot in the Final Three, or will they fall off the tightrope?

Will Ernie & Cindy bounce back to the front, or will their newfound bickering amplify?

Will Amani & Marcus climb out of last place, or will their inconsistent placements end with elimination?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SabrinaColema

[2]Dec 4, 2011
    • level: 9
    I already knew Andy & Tommy would lose, but it was surprising and great to see how it happened.

Anyway, a great penultimate leg! You can read my review.

Glad to see Jeremy & Sandy FINALLY get a win! They deserve it.

It looks to me that Jeremy & Sandy win... they were the only team with a real "storyline" with their relationship problems, first mentioned in Leg 4, lasting through the final leg where they win! So that's my thought, and i hope it's true

Finale looks like TAR17, for some reason, but it looks great!

yaminion

[3]Dec 4, 2011
    • level: 23
    I honestly thought Armani and Marcus would be gone this episode because didn't they kind of express Sandy's fears of Andy and Tommy this whole leg. It would have made more sense if every team said that they were nervous of Andy and Tommy but only Sandy really did. I thought part of Sandy's storyline would have been overcoming her fears and beating Andy and Tommy in the Final leg since she seemed so scared of them. Know what I'm saying? Having said that, Andy and Tommy were getting so arrogant.

DarkPaladin1000

[4]Dec 4, 2011
    • level: 10

That was a dumb leg...their cab drivers went to the wrong place that another cab driver told them to go to! Two teams made the same mistake as Andy and Tommy and their cab driver was like, I'm not going there I'm going to just cheat for you or something! That was just wrong...

Edited on 12/04/2011 8:12pm

starwolf99

[5]Dec 4, 2011
    • level: 12

I never saw such camaraderie among the Final Three teams at the Pit Stop beofre. MARCUS compared HIMSELF to DAVID? Now it's really anybody's game with the elimination of Andy/Tommy.

j19000

[6]Dec 4, 2011
    • level: 50

OK... I'm just going to come out and say this. Jeremy & Sandy are going to win the race, I have a high positive feeling. That would be an excellent outcome personally.

Shame Andy & Tommy got eliminated, but with a team who has won six legs throughout the season, in a way I am kind of glad. Still thought Ernie & Cindy should have gone, but what gives... I doubt they'll win. They'll probably get second place.

I really enjoyed this penultimate leg, neat tasks and a nice race. Those silly taxi drivers really kind of annoyed me because that has hardly everoccurredin Amazing Race history. The tasks were put together nicely for the most part, and it was a huge improvement over the previous two legs.

LOVE: Jeremy & Sandy, Amani & Marcus

LIKE: Ernie

NEUTRAL:

DISLIKE: Cindy

HATE:

amazing_race

[7]Dec 4, 2011

The tasks in this leg were great, and this leg topped my expectations significantly.

I was annoyed the cab drivers did what they did, but anything to keep Amani & Marcus safe is fine by me! Really depressing to see Andy & Tommy go home - they did not seem arrogant to me at all, and they seemed like genuine people with a passion for competiton. Shame to see you go, as you definitely deserved this more than Ernie & Cindy, for sure.

The Roadblock was just spectacular! So terrifying!

The Detour was great! 'Filet' sounded great to me, as 'Shoe ' looked too fdifficult. I'm surprised Amani & Marcus didn't just do 'Shoe' after going there accidentally.

Slightly more detailed review coming in the episode Reviews.

LOVE: Amani & Marcus, Jeremy & Sandy
    LIKE: N/A
    NEUTARL: N/A
    DISLIKE: N/A
    HATE: Ernie & Cindy

In my opinion, Amani & Marcus have gotten the most positive editing this season. The producers hve shone them in a positive light, and that may be for a reason (or at least I hope so!)... but Jeremy & Sandy have also been portrayed as a rgreat couple with a lot to learn about each other, so I wouldn't be surprised or upset if they win. Can't stand Ernie & Cindy - they are creeping dangerously up my 'Most Hated' team, and will overtake everybody on that list if they win.

marknmo

[8]Dec 5, 2011
    I'm pretty happy with the final three. I think I'd like to see any of them win this time around. Jeremy & Sandy are the most deserving, I think, followed closely by Ernie & Cindy. Amani & Marcus are my favorites personality wise, but they've made too many mistakes for me to think they deserve it the most (the biggest by far was being too lazy to look for a better flight which put them far behind everyone else a few legs back).

I was happy with Andy & Tommy being eliminated, cause I feel they've won so much already on this race that they don't need to the win now to go home as winners. Plus, I feel that the final three times are very evenly matched now, which is hopefully going to make for a very exciting race to the finish. From start to finish, since they all got to the mat at the same time, they should be neck and neck, so every second is going to count and make or break the outcome of the race for each team!

I did find myself disappointed with this penultimate leg, though. I didn't like that the first two events were designed to keep the order the same, so the first half of the episode was just us watching them get to their locations without any excitement in the tasks being performed until after they finished the tightrope walking. What I mean is that they woke up and got to their boats. They then had to sign up for set times. The tattooing was a fixed amount of time, so there was no chance there for anyone to pull ahead - they just had to sit and wait their turn and then leave once they were done. Then, the tightrope was setup so that one team could go at a time, so once they got there, they just sat and waited their turn. There was no chance within the task for anyone to pass anyone else, the only chance there to pass was on the way to the task. But, after that was done, I felt the leg got a lot better, and I was happier watching them compete with an actual chance to change their order to the pit stop.

I'm definitely looking forward to Atlanta. I was there a couple of summers ago, so I'm hoping to see some places I visited! Hopefully they'll got to the Aquarium, since it's the largest one in the world.

marknmo

[9]Dec 5, 2011
    I forgot about the Tintin part at the beginning where the teams could pass each other up, but that was immediately followed by an equalizer of everyone being on the same train, so I don't really count that.

frontman19

[10]Dec 5, 2011
    • level: 14

Well my favorite team is out...I'm so disappointed, I was so ready to root for Andy and Tommy in the final leg. I don't really care for any of the teams left, but I'll still watch to see who it turns out to be, my prediction is Ernie and Cindy.

That said it was a pretty good leg, the tight rope challenge looked really cool and the tribal tattooing looked really cool. That said, Ernie and Cindy and Amani and Marcus got so lucky that their cabs were communicating with Jeremy and Sandy, they were going to the complete wrong place. Their cab drivers saved them, I hope each team gave their drivers a big tip!

SabrinaColema

[11]Dec 5, 2011
    • level: 9
    I think Amani & Marcus have a similar edit to Gary & Mallory in TAR18. I'm pretty sure Gary & Mallory got the most screentime and they ended not winning (ignore the Express Pass curse).

Hopefully Ernie & Cindy get the Express Pass curse and not win.

So, that leaves Jeremy & Sandy, I hope they win!!

amazing_race

[12]Dec 6, 2011

SabrinaColema wrote:
    I think Amani & Marcus have a similar edit to Gary & Mallory in TAR18. I'm pretty sure Gary & Mallory got the most screentime and they ended not winning (ignore the Express Pass curse). Hopefully Ernie & Cindy get the Express Pass curse and not win. So, that leaves Jeremy & Sandy, I hope they win!!

Anything's possible!

The 'Express Pass' curse could affect Ernie & Cindy. Meanwhile, the 'Hometown Curse' could affect Amani & Marcus, as they are from Georgia presently.

The only team curse-free is Jeremy & Sandy...

jekyll

[13]Dec 6, 2011
    • level: 86

It really is a shame that Andy and Tommy got knocked out like that. That's the one Achilles' heel that TAR has is that things are ultimately out of theircontrol sometimes and outside influences can change everything, and the fewer teams left the greater chance of a deserving team getting the shaft.

By all rights Ernie/Cindy or Amani/Marcus should've also gone to Balboa and ultimately been eliminated based on their play, and that's what makes the Race so cruel sometimes,with it being evenworse beause it's the cruelty of luck, not the cruelty of another team doing something to hinder you.