The Amazing Race Forums

Friday 8:00 PM on CBSIn Season

"What if" game

mstheresa1969

[1921]Jun 15, 2011
    • level: 36
    Michael and Kathy would have still been gone the next leg because of the gas situation, as Andre and Damon in Austria for their problems. John Vito and Jill would have beaten out Heather and Eve--who go next, who also beats out Aaron and Arianne in Singapore. Derek and Drew still go as planned, leaving the final 4 Ken and Gerard, John Vito and Jill, Flo and Zach. If John Vito and Jill surpassed Flo and Zach in leg 12, they would have won instead.
    What if Uchenna and Joyce were in TAR6 (they were alternates for that race), and Freddy and Kendra were in TAR 7?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

amazing_race

[1922]Jun 17, 2011
    • level: 55

Interesting scaenario. Obviously this is difficult to predict, as the challenges which were performed were very different. I stilll think Uchenna & Joyce would win on TAR6, or at worst, they take second to Kris & Jon. Then, I don't think Freddy & Kendra would win TAR7, as Rob & Amber were definitely the stronger team, but that final leg is quite difficult to predict.

What if (using a similar scenario) BJ & Tyler were on TAR10 and Tyler & Jame were on TAR9 instead?

mstheresa1969

[1923]Jul 8, 2011
    Tyler and James would have made it to the final 6 at least, but in the final 3 Joseph and Monica would have replaced Tyler and James. BJ and Tyler though would have still won since the final 3 were weak that season
    What if Luke had U-turned Zev and Justin in China like they wanted to, which of course means that the globetrotters were not?

amazing_race

[1924]Jul 10, 2011

I don't foresee any major change, as Jaime & Cara spent several hours at the dinosaurs, but it would've definitely been a closer race for last place!

What if Ron & Tony knocked out Nick & Vicki on Leg 1, and the NEL on Leg 3 was moved instead to Leg 5? (TAR17)

eaudra1

[1925]Jul 28, 2011
    • level: 8

Ok, so let's try this. With Nick and Vicki gone first and Ron and Tony still in the game, the outcome could possible be this:
    Nick and Vicki out first and Ron and Tony are moving up.
    Jenna and Andy still struggle during the next leg and are out on leg 2.
    As leg 3 is now elimination, Kevin and Michael are out due to problems Michael had during Detour.
    In Sweden either Jonathan and Connor leave, either Ron and Tony display their bad navigational skills once more and leave, but let's say it's quits for Jonathan and Connor.
    Leg 5 and Leg 6 are now two consecutive NELs, so no one leave. Speed bumps change order of bottom check ins mainly, but that is not important so I'll leave it at that.
    Leg7 most probably sees Chad and Stephanie leave as there is no Michael and Kevin to save them, and I think that Ron and Tony would've beat Stephanie at the Roadblock.
    Gary and Mallory are out next due to them still getting terribly lost.
    Leg 9 is a one with Double U-turn so it's bit tricky, but I think that Jill and Thomas still U-turn Brooke and Claire, but if Nat and Kat get to U-turn before Tony and Ron or Katie and Rachel get there, Brook and Claire are saved. Let's say it's the end of the road for Katie and Rachel.
    Leg 10 is still a NEL so no one leaves. But let's say team Tony/Ron are to receive Speed Bump on the next leg.
    Leg 11 is for a grabs as Detour is a lot luck based. Say it's where Ron and Tony leave, so we have original F3 and unchanged outcome of the race.

What if leg 1 on TAR18 was a regular elimination one (thus Jet and Cord are out first) and a double leg instead was legs 3 to 4, and NEL is placed on leg 7 instead of leg 8 as in original race?

Edited on 07/28/2011 6:15am

amazing_race

[1926]Jul 31, 2011

OK, let's break it down leg-by-leg:

Leg 1: Jet & Cord elimination
    Leg 2: Amanda & Kris elimination
    Leg 3: TBC - Mel & Mike saved
    Leg 4: Also the original TBC
    Leg 5: Mel & Mike would've probably sturggled physically more than Jaime, so they would leave instead.
    Leg 6: Margie & Luke still leave as per usual.
    Leg 7: Ron & Chris are saved by the NEL.
    Leg 8: Gary & Mallory are now eliminated, as I reckon Ron would've been able to eat several schnitzels (or carried the couch).
    Leg 9: With Jet & Cord already out, it's the end of the road for Flight Time & Big Easy, due to their luggage erro.r

Leg 10: Kent & Vyxsin's stupid mistake gets them gone.
    Leg 11: Zev & Justin's Brazilian struggle will seal their fate.

This leaves a Final Three of Kisha & Jen, Ron & Christina and Jaime & Cara. It's really anyone's game, but I think the sisters were too conisistent and they would still win, although it is hard to predict.

What if the NEL placement was moved to Leg 2, Leg 5 and Leg 10 (this last one stays where it was) ? (TAR15)

mstheresa1969

[1927]Oct 4, 2011
    leg 1--Maria and Tiffany eliminated
    leg 2--Garrett and Jessica are saved
    leg 3--Marcy and Ron eliminated
    leg 4--Zev and Justin would have still lost their passports and are gone
    leg 5- Lance and Keri are saved
    leg 6--Mika and Caanan would have still been gone due to Mika's unwillingness to go down the waterslide
    leg 7--with Maria and Tiffany now gone, Brian and Erika would have been eliminated
    leg 8--Matt and Gary eliminated
    leg 9--with Matt and Gary and Brian and Erika gone, Lance and Keri would have been gone next because they would have had struggled with getting along by then and would have crumbled
    with leg 10 being a NEL, it would have been Flight Time and Big Easy or Garrett and Jessica being last. However, Big Easy quitting the Roadblock would have still sealed their fate. the winners would have been Garrett and Jessica or Meghan and Cheyne with the other team placing second and Sam and Dan placing third

What if in season 11, the NEL legs were leg 1, leg 2 being a DEL, and the other NELs being legs 3,5,8, and 11

amazing_race

[1928]Oct 5, 2011

Leg 1: John Vito & Jill Saved - MFE
    Leg 2: John Vito & Jill do not arrive first and are penalised, but arrive early nenough to avoid elimination. David & Mary and Kevin & Drew are goners.
    Leg 3: Charla & Mirna NEL - Marked.
    Leg 4: Charla & Mirna eliminated, due to Romber arriving within their penalty.
    Leg 5: Uchenna & Joyce NEL - Marked.
    Leg 6: Teri & Ian are still the team to leave.
    Leg 7: Joe & Bill are eliminated.
    Leg 8: Eric & Danielle NEL - Marekd for Eliminated.
    Leg 9: Uchenna & Joyce are still eliminated.
    Leg 10: Eric & Danielle gone. No longer a NEL to save them.
    Leg 11: Oswald & Danny NEL - Marked.
    Leg 12: Oswald & Danny still go home. (sadly)
    Leg 13: Final Three of Dustin & Kandice, John Vito & Jill and Rob & Amber. I'd be inclined to think that John Vito & Jill would prevail at that preposterous final challenge - but it is really anyone's game from there.

What if the legs of TAR12 were changed as follows - Double ELimination legs for Legs 2 AND 4 - and Non-Elimination Legs for Legs 5, 6, 7 and 10? (TAR12)

SabrinaColema

[1929]Dec 11, 2011
    • level: 9

Leg 1: Ari & Staella ELIMINATION (11th)
    Leg 2: Ron & Christina and Kate & Pat ELIMINATION (9th and 10th) [SHOCKER FOR R/C]
    Leg 3: Marianna & Julia ELIMINATION (8th)
    Leg 4: TK & Rachel and Lorena & Jason ELIMINATION (6th and 7th) [SHOCKER FOR TK/R]
    Leg 5: Shana & Jennifer NEL (5th) [NEL FOR THEM, : P ]
    Leg 6: Azaria & Hendekea NEL (5th)
    Leg 7: Kynt & Vyxsin NEL (5th)
    Leg 8: Kynt & Vyxsin ELIMINATION (5th)
    Leg 9: Nicholas & Don ELIMINATION (4th) [No TK/R to save them; I think Shana & Jennifer would beat them]
    Leg 10: Shana & Jennifer NEL (3rd) [I think they would be the weakest out of Nate & Jen and Azaria & Hendekea]
    Leg 11: AZARIA & HENDEKEA - I think they would WIN and own Nate & Jen and Shana & Jennifer. Whew! That was fun.

What if the second leg was a single-elimination leg (with the first leg remaining a NEL), and the remaining two NELS are placed at 6th and 5th? (TAR19)

Edited on 12/11/2011 7:08pm

amazing_race

[1930]Dec 11, 2011

Leg 1: Bill & Cathi NEL (11th)
    Leg 2: Ron & Bill Elim (11th)
    Leg 3: Kaylani & Lisa Elim (10th)
    Leg 4: Liz & Marie Elim (9th)
    Leg 5: Jeremy & Sandy Elim (8th)
    Leg 6: Amani & Marcus Elim (7th)
    Leg 7: Justin & Jennifer NEL (6th)
    Leg 8: Laurence & Zac Elim (6th)
    Leg 9: Bill & Cathi NEL (5th)
    Leg 10: Bill & Cathi Elim (5th)
    Leg 11: Andy & Tommy Elim (4th)

And so, Justin & Jennifer and Ethan & Jenna join Ernie & Cindy in the FInal Three. I'm inclined to go with Justin & Jennifer in this scenario, as they really were one of the strongest teams of the race, aside from their lethal Leg 7 mishap.

What if that accursed flight simulator did not exist on the final leg? (TAR19)

mstheresa1969

[1931]Dec 15, 2011
    then Amani and Marcus would have won, followed by Ernie and Cindy with Jeremy and Sandy in third.
    What if Kaylani and Lisa were eliminated off the bat because of their missing passport, making leg 2 a single elimination and the other NEL in their regular places

danieldian

[1932]Dec 16, 2011
    • level: 4

Then the result would be like these, I guess:

Leg 1 : Kaylani & Lisa were eliminated due to their missing passport. Bill & Cathi absolutely will be saved

Leg 2 : 8 Teams will still make mistakes in this leg, so Ron & Bill are out next

Leg 3 : With Kaylani & Lisa already gone, Liz & Marie will be eliminated

Leg 4 : Bill & Cathi are still last, but they were saved by a non-elimination leg

Leg 5 : I guess Bill & Cathi are saved in this leg, so Jeremy & Sandy are out next because of their lost in Bangkok

Leg 6 : Amani & Marcus are safe

Leg 7 : Justin & Jennifer are eliminated because of Jennifer's error

Leg 8 : If Ernie & Cindy U-Turn Bill & Cathi, and Bill & Cathi U-Turn Laurence and Zac, unfortunately, Laurence & Zac will finish the race at 6th

Leg 9 : TBC Leg, no one is out

Leg 10 : It is either Ethan & Jenna or Bill & Cathi, but I pick Bill & Cathi due to their lost

Leg 11 : Wait! This will be interesting. Since Jeremy & Sandy are already gone, no one realizes where the pit stop is. It is anyone's game. So, I assume that all teams make same mistake. It will save Andy & Tommy because the turn back to the plaza (and 7th number 1). I guess Amani & Marcus are out next because they are the weakest team, compared to the other remaining teams.

Leg 12 : That will leave Ethan & Jenna, Andy & Tommy, and Ernie & Cindy as our Final 3. Ethan & Jenna beat Ernie & Cindy by 2 seconds and Cindy gets pissed out. That will be hilarious

What if Ernie & Cindy U-Turn Andy & Tommy in Denmark, and Andy & Tommy U-Turn Amani & Marcus in Season 19?

Edited on 12/16/2011 4:10pm
    Edited 2 total times.

amazing_race

[1933]Dec 17, 2011

Amani & Marcus would likely go home, especially considering that they landed in Copenhagen an hour after everyone else. Then, Bill & Cathi and Andy & Tommy still go out 5th and 4th, and I wouldn't put my money on Laurence & Zac in the final...

What if Legs 1 and 2 of TAR3 were both double-eliminations, and NELs were placed on Legs 4, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 12? (TAR3)

SabrinaColema

[1934]May 17, 2012

Then..
    Leg 1: Derek & Drew (11th) and Gina & Sylvia (12th) are eliminated.
    Leg 2: Teri & Ian (9th) and Tramel & Talicia (10th) are eliminated.
    Leg 3: Dennis & Andrew (8th) are eliminated.
    Leg 4: Heather & Eve are NEL'D (7th).
    Leg 5: Michael & Cathy (7th) are eliminated.
    Leg 6: Aaron & Arianne (6th) are NEL'D.
    Leg 7: Andre & Damon (6th) are NEL'D.
    Leg 8: This is tough.. it really could be anyone. Someone (6th) is NEL'D.
    Leg 9: Someone (6th) would be NEL'D here too and it's tough..
    Leg 10: I would say Heather & Eve (6th) could go out here.. as they seem the weakest out of this bunch.
    Leg 11: I would say Andre & Damon (5th) could go out here.
    Leg 12: Aaron & Arianne are NEL'D (4th).
    Leg 13: Aaron & Arianne (4th) go home.
    Leg 14: F3 consists of Flo & Zach, John Vito & Jill, and Ken & Gerard.. it really could be anyone.
    This is really a shuffle.. like you never know what could happen! I think Flo & Zach would still perform surprisingly well and not get eliminated even with this outcome.
    Let's get into TAR20!
    What if Joey & Danny beat Rachel & Dave at the Fast Forward on Leg 6?

amazing_race

[1935]May 20, 2012

Good question! Jersey Shore would obviously win Leg 6 and Rachel & Dave definitely go home for mine, as Joey "Fitness" & Danny seemed miles behind Vanessa & Ralph. Nary & Jamie still go home in Tanzania, due to beind unable to keep up physically when setting up those tents. Bopper & Mark definitely go home in India, because I think the Jersey Shore guys would have no problems dancing, llol! Then I'd have to say Vanesa & Ralph still go home in Japan, due to her injury. This allowes the Jersey Shore team to simply slot into the Final Three in Rachel & Dave's place. I'd place my money on Jersey Shore to win. They seemed to be picking up lots of momentum right before they were eliminated, and I think they would've dominated if they survived Leg 6 and Davechel went home instead.

Sticking with TAR20:

What if Elliot & Andrew outran Vanessa & Ralph to the Asuncion Pit Stop AND the NEL from Leg 4 was moved to Leg 5 instead? (TAR20)

SabrinaColema

[1936]May 20, 2012

Ooo.. less drama if Vanessa & Ralph (9th) leave!

Anyway, I don't think Elliot & Andrew would last much longer.. but I would say that they would remember to go to the traveling agent on Leg 4.. so Mark & Bopper (8th) go home on Leg 4.

It would still be Kerri & Stacy VS Nary & Jamie on Leg 5, so Kerri & Stacy are NEL'D in Leg 5 (7th).

Leg 6 is Azerbaijan--Joey "Fitness" & Danny probably still go home (7th), albeit Kerri & Stacy have a Speed Bump.

Leg 7 could be another Kerri & Stacy VS Nary & Jamie, but Kerri & Stacy tend to work quicker when it's a race for survival, so Nary & Jamie are NEL'D in Leg 7 (6th).

Leg 8 is Tanzania again--and this is where it gets tricky. Art & JJ would probably still U-Turn Brendon & Rachel even though Vanessa & Ralph were eliminated ages ago.. and Kerry & Stacy would U-Turn the Twins (in unseen footage, there was drama between these two teams), or visa-versa. I would say Nary & Jamie still go home in Leg 8 (6th).

Leg 9 is India--this is also tricky. I'm not sure if the Twins can really dance, although one of them is a singer. IF the Twins can successfully dance, then Art & JJ would probably be NEL'D here (5th). It is even possible for the Twins to be NEL'D here too, but I'll put my money on Art & JJ being the last team here. Boy, that would be such a disappointing NEL!

Leg 10 is India again--once again another tricky one. I would think that Art & JJ go home (5th), because of their Speed Bump PLUS bad Detour choice. The Twins could possibly take the Fast Forward, but if not, they would probably still successfully make it through. Kerri & Stacy would probably be near the bottom, but just still make it. Everyone would do the other Detour choice as well.

Leg 11 is Japan--this would be a pretty close Penultimate Leg for sure! The Twins can run really FAST from what I know of, so they would have no trouble with the Roadblock. It's pretty obvious that Kerri & Stacy would be the last to leave the Detour. Rachel & Dave OR the Twins would win the leg--Brendon & Rachel would probably still somehow struggle. They would still do the Sushi Detour. Based on Kerri & Stacy's Salami Detour choice, I think they would choose the Sushi Detour. So it's a Kerri & Stacy VS Brendon & Rachel. This one's really tough to think about, because I think Kerri & Stacy run fast too, and not the kind of typical girls who are slower. Maybe Kerri & Stacy get lost finding the Pit Stop, so they are eliminated (4th).

Leg 12 is Hawaii (finale)--this would still stay a close finale! Rachel & Dave VS Elliot & Andrew VS Brendon & Rachel. However, it still has an unlikable Male team in it, but I think the Twins are more likable than Art & JJ for sure. I think Elliot & Andrew would have a pretty good shot here, since they probably wouldn't make the same mistake as Brendon & Rachel--and they could do better than Art & JJ did in the actual finale at the Sled Roadblock--and surpass Rachel & Dave after their mistake.

This would give such a surprising outcome.. and even a worse one! I just can't believe Elliot & Andrew could actually POSSIBLY win this thing, with these changes. Their only negatives were their anger issues and.. "balancing"--"their terrible Leg 3".

What if Mark & Bopper had gone straight to the traveling agent in Leg 4, and the Leg 4 NEL was moved to Leg 5, AND Leg 7 NEL was moved to Leg 8?

mstheresa1969

[1937]Oct 25, 2012
    then Kerri and Stacy would have been eliminated leg 4, Nary and Jamie saved leg 5, Joey "Fitness" and Danny still would go home leg 6 because of the fast forward issue, Nary and Jamie leave leg 7, Vanessa and Ralph would have been NELed leg 8. Because of Mark's difficulty with the Roadblock, the remainder of the race would have been unchanged.
    What if Margie and Luke had won season 14 and Tammy and Victor took their place in season 18?

amazing_race

[1938]Oct 29, 2012

I think the first five legs would probably have gone the same way, although frankly I wouldn't be surprised if Jaime & Cara beat Tammy & Victor in Kunming if Tammy did the Roadblock since Jaime was a million times tougher than her and she could barely do it. I think (assuming Jaime & Cara still went home) Flight Time & Big Easy and Ron & Christina would probably be out before we even hit Europe. Jet & Cord probably still leave 6th assuming everyone still colluded against them. Then it gets tricky at the Final Five - I'd assume Kent & Vyxsin go home in fifth still, but I think Zev & Justin could quite possibly knock Tammy & Vixtor out in Brazil - I can't imagine either Tammy or Victor having better luck at dancing thatn Zev & Justin did. If Tammy & Victor did go home, Zev & Justin could probably take second in the finale - and maybe even first with a little bit of luck. If Zev &U Justin still went home, Tammy & Victor would clearly run third - by a long way - in that finale, since there were lots o f physical tassks and no mental challenges in the TAR18 finale, and Tamm y & Victor are absolutely useless at phsyical stuff from my point of view, at least compared to anyone else who's won the race.

What if Rachel & Dave had been sent home in Paraguay by having all the teams behind them get to the Pit Stop within their penalty time? How does the rest of the eseason play out? (TAR20)

mstheresa1969

[1939]Jan 4, 2013
    Rachel and Dave's elimination saves Elliot and Andrew. Kerri and Stacey still would have gone home next because of their difficulties in leg 5. With Rachel and Dave gone, Joey "Fitness" and Danny would have claimed the Fast Forward, eliminating Vanessa and Ralph. With Elliot and Andrew and Joey "Fitness" and Danny being strong guys, they could have easily pitched the tents, still eliminating Nary and Jamie next. Bopper and Mark still would have been the next eliminated because of Mark getting heat exhaustion in India. The final four would have been Art & JJ, Elliot & Andrew, Joey "Fitness" & Danny and Brendon & Rachel...after that, anybody could have won. but, due to Art and JJ's struggle in the final task, they still would have place second..at the very highest.
    What if James and Abba didn't get their bags stolen?

skbrettbug

[1940]Aug 22, 2013
    • level: 20

They would have won. They're awesome But really I think they would have been able to win.

What if The Beekmans were eliminated on the F7 non-elimination leg?