The Amazing Race

Like James Bond Again

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Mar 03, 2013 on CBS

• Not Brilliant, but still highly enjoyable

I would have to agree with Wahlstreet's review below and say that I hate it how TAR producers make 'To Be Continued' legs into two separate legs. I'd rather they kept it as a simple non-elimination leg, rather than ditch the 'Speed Bump' task by making it a TBC leg.

Despite that, this leg was entertaining with spectacular scenery of my country, yes I am from Auckland, New Zealand. The tasks were fun and dirty, and I enjoyed seeing Dave & Connor win the leg. They deserved the win. I like all of the teams racing this season, so many colorful characters. Other than that, not much more to say about this episode, it was decent, nothing more.
  • To Be Continued

I hate To Be Continued episodes. Make it a Pitstop or a non elimination but is their really a reason to make it TBC episode only 3 episodes in? Watch next week be a non elimination ep.

• Good but not great.

Well the things I liked about this episode were the great drama, the awesome airport scenes and thing s like that which have been absent in most recent seasons. It was a breath of fresh air!

The drama was great - everything that happened in the scenes with Dave & Connr was really touching and hard to watch!

What I didn't like were the tasks. The tasks were awful. A driving or fishing detour is a joke, and the Roadblock was a mess... literally. Nothing about the tasks gave me the feel of New Zealand, which TAR has done really well with past seasons in NZ a long time ago.

The tasks were not impressive, but as a whole, the first three legs have been well above the recent average.