The Amazing Race

Your Tan is Totally Cool

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Mar 17, 2013 on CBS

• By far the weakest episode of the season.

This season has been above average compared to recent seasons, but this episode was a big let down for me.

The tasks we had toady were unimpressive. The Roadblock was a nice test of memory but there are better memory challenges that we hve seen (you only need to go back one episode to find one). The Detour was completely unbalanecd - the cooking one was very difficult with the language barrier, while the chess one was simply to find four symbols on clothing and grab those people.

Aside from the tasks, the whole suspense of the leg was removed by what happened rather early on. It was obvious that the last team to the mat would not be eliminated.

I like the U-Turn, and I enjoyed the strategising that we saw today. I enjoyed seeing more teams mingling than we usually see of late. But there were two very questionable decisions at the U-Turn board. It seems like alliances are playing a bigger role than trying to get out stronger teams.

Nonetheless, it wasn't particularly bad for an Asia episode. And since we only get two So I don't mind having one bad Asia leg, since we have a record low.