The Amazing World of Gumball

Wednesday 7:30 PM on Cartoon Network Premiered May 09, 2011 In Season

TVTome_Shadow

The Amazing World of Gumball Fan Reviews (126)

7.2
  • Very Creative

First off, lemme just say the character designs of this show really is "amazing". There's 2D characters mixed with 3D characters and it looks very nice. The characters are interesting looking. Heck, one of the characters is a banana. The characters' personalities are also good

For example the mom in the show is sorta bipolar and goes crazy sometime. Even though the characters are creative, the setting isn't. It's your typical family-school show and the humor is mainly "lol he got hurt" and mean-spirited humor for the first season. However, the second and third season feature more dualogue based humor, adult inuendos, and 4th wall breaking, which I enjoyed. Even though the humor is mean-spirited sometimes the characters usualyy resolve the problem at the end and have heart-warming endings and relatable lessons. The show has improved a lot since the first sesson and in the third sesason there is some actual story going on. 8/10.
  • It's original

The series features the most types of animation I've never seen. It's originality is overwhelming. It should get an Oscar for originality only. It needs a little more teneur, but overall the series is OK. Not 10/10 OK. But acceptable. The new episodes just get into your skin. Currently, top 5 CN series (not that that is a great accomplishment nowadays)

2014 update: This series has become the funniest animated series in TV right now. Competes with Adventure Time as the best Cartoon Network series right now.
  • Isn't it fortunate that the word "amazing" is in the title?

This show is very funny, has some likeable characters and well written plots. It also has this clever gag to make fun of common cliches. The true highlight of the show is it's animation: 2D, 3D, and stop motion all in one setting ( why can't animated films be more like that?).
  • Gumballs are delicious, and so's the show

Season 1: The stories were hilarious and clever, though the animation was kind of lame and the personalities were too goofy and happy all the time

Season 2:The animation improved and so did the personalities, they were a bit more serious and less goofy and stupid. But a few stories got a bit dull and boring but it was still an improvement. Oh yeah, and Hugo Harrison's voice casting was better than Rupert Degas

Season 3: Nothing changed except the voice casting for Gumball and Darwin

I love the show, but it could be better, maybe if Season 2/3's animation and personalities combined with Season 1's stories, this show would be awesome
  • A show that really puts animation to the TOP OF THE WORLD

This was actually the first show on CN that I watched,so I'm a pretty late fan. The episodes features countless types of animation,with simple 2D designs for gumball and Darwin, more 3d style designs for Tina Rex and some background characters. Really good animation,and a decent story.
  • The Amazing World of Hilarity

Good god, this show is awesome. It constantly keeps me laughing, with the hilarious character interactions and setups to the witty dialogue and awesome slapstick done very well. I've seen plenty of old episode from the current season, and they ALL make me laugh so much. My one other HUGE point is that it ACTUALLY has a good idiotic father figure. Richard is a dumb, fat bunny dad who can't do much right, but it's made INCREDIBLY clear he only wants the best for his kids, and he even got an entire episode dedicated to showing that. This show is a bunch of fun, wit, hilariousness, and awesomeness for anyone to watch.
  • Amazing world of GumBall

Sucks ........ waste of space
  • The Best of Cartoon Network

Great show
  • This cartoon is the best cartoon on TV right now hands-down!

I have never watched a more funnier cartoon than Gumball, this is one of the greats in television animation. I have three words: JUST WATCH IT. That is all you need to do, words can't sum up how awesome this show is.
  • An Abomination to the Cartoon World!

The first time I watched an episode of this show, I was like, "the fuck did I just watch?" Its a stupid show and has the most random character you could think of. This show is crappy and unfunny. The only people who watch it are young kids and fat smelly old people. Seriously people. Get a life instead of watching a bunny and fish do dumb shit
  • terrible

just like ALL other crappy cartoon network show. Bad animation, boring plots, bad voiceovers. Cheap.
  • One of the better shows on the network aside from season 1

This show is a pretty nice show. It's the third best show on the network, only to be beaten by Regular Show in second place, and Uncle Grandpa being the best show on the network. Season 1 stunk, but Season 2 got better, and Season 3 is getting better with every episode.

Season 1 is certainly the worst by far because the animation looked ugly and the show relied on fart humor in that season, but the fart jokes go away in Seasons 2 and 3. I'm glad this show got renewed for a fourth and fifth seasons, because with how well seasons 2 and 3 are doing, the show deserves it.

There are only two episodes I don't like from season 3. But season 3 is getting better with every other episode. Maybe seasons 4 and 5 will be even better (if that's possible). And I hope the show will get even more seasons.

Season 1 - 3/10

Season 2 - 7/10

Season 3 - 8/10
  • Funny and cool show

Even though some of the characters are irritating, the show is still good.
  • Best show along with MLP!

This is great! Cool characters including a cat-bunny family named the Wattersons with a goldfish makes it a perfect show with My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.
  • Moar leik The Amazing World of Dumball!

Geddit? Because this show sucks! *rimshot*
  • Best and the funniest show on Cartoon Network

This show gets wackier and funnier every episode the funniest was the episode where Gumball and Dawin's voices change, I laugh pretty hard every time LOL
  • One of the dumbest ever

This is the dumbest show ever. It's only about a cat that gets high. Also the designs are ugly and it baffles me that they cancelled Problem Solverz for this.
  • The Pretty Good World of Gumball (Not Amazing, per se)

As a 35 year old guy, I watch cartoons sometimes when I'm trying to just veg out after work and not think about anything (not watch an engaging or informative quality program when I want to turn my brain off), and I can't stand the terrible sit-coms and other mindless drivel with terrible acting, plots, lines, everything, on the major networks. Vomit.

So with that being established as what I'm looking for in a cartoon like this, just amusing and not so entertaining that it keeps me wide awake to see what happens next, I think it's a pretty good show.

I enjoy the unique mixture of muppet-like puppets, claymation, 3D-computer rendering, hand drawn, and strange 1-off's like the bear that's a 2D piece of paper, or the nurse that's a stop motion animated tongue depressor with google eyes and tiny cloth outfits glued on. All kinds of styles blended on to sometimes real backgrounds and sometimes animated backgrounds, which is also another level of complexity in mixing it all together. I enjoy that aspect.

There aren't really any adult only jokes in the show like in some other teens' or even kids' cartoons, but it's no "Dora the Expora' " or "Bubble Guppies" or "Paw Patrol" like my 5 and 7 year old niece and nephew watch, Gumball's not just for kids in my opinion, like those shows are, it's still entertaining for older kids through adults. Paw Patrol makes me want to stab my eyes and ears out with a fork, just not at all entertaining for older viewers, but Gumball is for probably ages like 12 and up.

For someone my age, I get a lot of my chuckles out of Richard Watterson, the bunny Dad, as I expect most people in my generation would. We grew up in the 80s watching the Simpsons and identifying with Bart, as he was our age, but as we grew older the focus of the show switched to Homer, as we became adults ourselves and fathers and identified with him instead. This tried and true method of a stupid, lazy, drunk, totally inept and incapable loser of a Dad has worked ever since on my generation and more, such as with Seth McFarlane shows (Family Guy, Peter; American Dad, Stan; Cleveland Show, Cleveland) and works here too. The shows that involve that fat rabbit with man boobies crack me up and are my most favorite.

And of course a Cop that's literally a donut is pretty damn funny.

Compared to the other options on in the morning and afternoon for cartoons, which with my DirecTV is Cartoon Network East and West, Boomerang (by Cartoon Network), Nick East and West, and Nicktoons, it's just about as good as anything else on, maybe a little below (in my opinion) the other CN offerings of Regular Show, Chowder, and probably a little less interesting to me than the Nick channel offerings of Robot and Monster, Spongebob, and sort of even with Penguins of Madagascar which I occasionally find amusing and is typically not too childish. I just feel like Adventure Time is too childish for me though, don't like it.

So it's a decent alternative to anything else on in the cartoon world that's modern, it's just too bad that the voices of Darwin and Gumball keep changing as the young boys who play them get too old in one season apparently to use their voices again. Here's an idea: with a voice that high for both of them, you don't need to pick voice actors who's nuts are going to drop in 4 months, hire a god damn kid not literally weeks away from puberty and voice changing. They seem to not only have different voices, but speak completely differently than they did, like their conversations, their lines, and just seem like totally different characters than they were in season 1, and then season 2, and now season 3. That is a big turn off, getting used to a character and having it change every season.
  • Funny!

I was wrong about this show, I watched a few episodes and I got a few laughs out of it my original score is a 3 but I give it a 7.5 to be nice.
  • It's actually a lot better than I made it out to be.

I used to hate this show but after watching more of it it's actually pretty good. I really like this show because I find it awesome how a bunch of inanimate objects can come to life and live together.
  • Its really not that bad!

I don't see why people hate it. This show is very funny and one of the best shows now on Cartoon Network besides Regular Show.
  • i love it!

i love shows that have stupid annoying dumb weird characters its awesome! so go away haters dont be so serious it not suppose to be a serious and detailed show!
  • Not bad...

Listen guys first off, never ever, EVER base your opinions on someone else's review. You guys have a voice, so use it. Secondly, I'll admit that I love the show, the endless sense of childhood wonder, plus the creative and innovative way the use every animation style known to man has me caught up. Also I will say, the kid that plays Gumball in season 3 annoys me sometimes. They shoulda stuck with the season 2 actor. He was perfect for Gumball. But I digress, it's fresh, progressive, and unlike Scaredy Squirrel, it doesn't annoy me to high heaven
  • Don't base your opinions on reviews.

The title says it all. I really like this show. Don't hate on it until you actually give it a fair chance. A review from a middle school student is most likely going to say it's gay and it sucks a thousand times so find better reviews about why it's good or bad.
  • Pure uninspirating material for Cartoon Network.

Cartoon Network nuked shows that barely got many years of fame for a crap fest like this.

Microsoft Paint gone wild, a copy and pasted mess.
  • especially good for kids

its a very funny show all around but sometimes it can be dumb, i let my kids watch it and they say its their 2nd favorite show after regular show
  • Just not my cup ot tea...

3.5
    I just never got into the show. The characters are just too wacky and zany for my taste. The only characters I like are the mom and the little sister. Everyone else is just annoying o watch at times. Don'r get me wrong, the show has a few scenes that make me chuckle but it's just not that amazing to me.

I think it's interesting how they combine all the different art styles but at the same time, I really don't like how simplified the characters look (excluding the t-rex). I guess I just miss the times where the creators put more depth into their character designs/artwork. Sure, the cartoons from the 80s & 90s are overrated but the one thing I always admired was how much creation the creators put into the show. I try to be open minded with art styles but after seeing so many questionable cartoons chucked onto CN, it gets a little annoying.

Anyway, I don't care if people like the show, good for them. But me, I'd only watch this show if there was nothing else on. Otherwise,I'd pass on the show.
  • A surprisingly awesome show!

The Amazing World of Gumball is very similar to Regular Show, Adventure Time, all of those shows that are weird and random in their humour, and while in my opinion it isn't quite as funny as Adventure Time, it is oddly witty for a kids show. Some of the jokes are really genius, on a very regular basis as well, in most episodes. But by far my favourite aspect of the show is the animation/art. Some characters/environments are 3D, and some are 2D, and both a gorgeous. The 3D aspect especially is so beautifully modelled/animated.

I think it's really special, a rare gem considering the age it's aimed at :)
  • UPDATE (April 23, 2014): A more fair look at this show.

I'd like to apologize for my earlier review. I probably been too harsh with this show. I mean, it is one of the more better shows on today's TV. I mean, again, some of the episodes are mediocre, but that doesn't mean the show is completely unwatchable. I usually avoid the episodes I dislike. It's too bad they stopped making new episodes for this show. When I first watched this in 2011, I really liked it. Then I hated it for a few weeks, and liked it again. About the hospitalized thing, I soon realized it's just some running gag this show offers. It's actually quite a decent show for today's TV era.
  • stupid show

season 3 got ugly its stupid this show sucks they don't know anything but bunch of idiots and a stupid dad
< 1 2 3 4 5