The Amazing World of Gumball

Wednesday 7:30 PM on Cartoon Network Premiered May 09, 2011 In Season

TVTome_Shadow

The Amazing World of Gumball Fan Reviews (120)

7.2
  • The Best of Cartoon Network

Great show
  • This cartoon is the best cartoon on TV right now hands-down!

I have never watched a more funnier cartoon than Gumball, this is one of the greats in television animation. I have three words: JUST WATCH IT. That is all you need to do, words can't sum up how awesome this show is.
  • An Abomination to the Cartoon World!

The first time I watched an episode of this show, I was like, "the fuck did I just watch?" Its a stupid show and has the most random character you could think of. This show is crappy and unfunny. The only people who watch it are young kids and fat smelly old people. Seriously people. Get a life instead of watching a bunny and fish do dumb shit
  • terrible

just like ALL other crappy cartoon network show. Bad animation, boring plots, bad voiceovers. Cheap.
  • One of the better shows on the network aside from season 1

This show is a pretty nice show. It's the third best show on the network, only to be beaten by Regular Show in second place, and Uncle Grandpa being the best show on the network. Season 1 stunk, but Season 2 got better, and Season 3 is getting better with every episode.

Season 1 is certainly the worst by far because the animation looked ugly and the show relied on fart humor in that season, but the fart jokes go away in Seasons 2 and 3. I'm glad this show got renewed for a fourth and fifth seasons, because with how well seasons 2 and 3 are doing, the show deserves it.

There are only two episodes I don't like from season 3. But season 3 is getting better with every other episode. Maybe seasons 4 and 5 will be even better (if that's possible). And I hope the show will get even more seasons.

Season 1 - 3/10

Season 2 - 7/10

Season 3 - 8/10
  • Funny and cool show

Even though some of the characters are irritating, the show is still good.
  • Best show along with MLP!

This is great! Cool characters including a cat-bunny family named the Wattersons with a goldfish makes it a perfect show with My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.
  • Moar leik The Amazing World of Dumball!

Geddit? Because this show sucks! *rimshot*
  • Best and the funniest show on Cartoon Network

This show gets wackier and funnier every episode the funniest was the episode where Gumball and Dawin's voices change, I laugh pretty hard every time LOL
  • One of the dumbest ever

This is the dumbest show ever. It's only about a cat that gets high. Also the designs are ugly and it baffles me that they cancelled Problem Solverz for this.
  • The Pretty Good World of Gumball (Not Amazing, per se)

As a 35 year old guy, I watch cartoons sometimes when I'm trying to just veg out after work and not think about anything (not watch an engaging or informative quality program when I want to turn my brain off), and I can't stand the terrible sit-coms and other mindless drivel with terrible acting, plots, lines, everything, on the major networks. Vomit.

So with that being established as what I'm looking for in a cartoon like this, just amusing and not so entertaining that it keeps me wide awake to see what happens next, I think it's a pretty good show.

I enjoy the unique mixture of muppet-like puppets, claymation, 3D-computer rendering, hand drawn, and strange 1-off's like the bear that's a 2D piece of paper, or the nurse that's a stop motion animated tongue depressor with google eyes and tiny cloth outfits glued on. All kinds of styles blended on to sometimes real backgrounds and sometimes animated backgrounds, which is also another level of complexity in mixing it all together. I enjoy that aspect.

There aren't really any adult only jokes in the show like in some other teens' or even kids' cartoons, but it's no "Dora the Expora' " or "Bubble Guppies" or "Paw Patrol" like my 5 and 7 year old niece and nephew watch, Gumball's not just for kids in my opinion, like those shows are, it's still entertaining for older kids through adults. Paw Patrol makes me want to stab my eyes and ears out with a fork, just not at all entertaining for older viewers, but Gumball is for probably ages like 12 and up.

For someone my age, I get a lot of my chuckles out of Richard Watterson, the bunny Dad, as I expect most people in my generation would. We grew up in the 80s watching the Simpsons and identifying with Bart, as he was our age, but as we grew older the focus of the show switched to Homer, as we became adults ourselves and fathers and identified with him instead. This tried and true method of a stupid, lazy, drunk, totally inept and incapable loser of a Dad has worked ever since on my generation and more, such as with Seth McFarlane shows (Family Guy, Peter; American Dad, Stan; Cleveland Show, Cleveland) and works here too. The shows that involve that fat rabbit with man boobies crack me up and are my most favorite.

And of course a Cop that's literally a donut is pretty damn funny.

Compared to the other options on in the morning and afternoon for cartoons, which with my DirecTV is Cartoon Network East and West, Boomerang (by Cartoon Network), Nick East and West, and Nicktoons, it's just about as good as anything else on, maybe a little below (in my opinion) the other CN offerings of Regular Show, Chowder, and probably a little less interesting to me than the Nick channel offerings of Robot and Monster, Spongebob, and sort of even with Penguins of Madagascar which I occasionally find amusing and is typically not too childish. I just feel like Adventure Time is too childish for me though, don't like it.

So it's a decent alternative to anything else on in the cartoon world that's modern, it's just too bad that the voices of Darwin and Gumball keep changing as the young boys who play them get too old in one season apparently to use their voices again. Here's an idea: with a voice that high for both of them, you don't need to pick voice actors who's nuts are going to drop in 4 months, hire a god damn kid not literally weeks away from puberty and voice changing. They seem to not only have different voices, but speak completely differently than they did, like their conversations, their lines, and just seem like totally different characters than they were in season 1, and then season 2, and now season 3. That is a big turn off, getting used to a character and having it change every season.
  • Funny!

I was wrong about this show, I watched a few episodes and I got a few laughs out of it my original score is a 3 but I give it a 7.5 to be nice.
  • It's actually a lot better than I made it out to be.

I used to hate this show but after watching more of it it's actually pretty good. I really like this show because I find it awesome how a bunch of inanimate objects can come to life and live together.
  • Its really not that bad!

I don't see why people hate it. This show is very funny and one of the best shows now on Cartoon Network besides Regular Show.
  • i love it!

i love shows that have stupid annoying dumb weird characters its awesome! so go away haters dont be so serious it not suppose to be a serious and detailed show!
  • Not bad...

Listen guys first off, never ever, EVER base your opinions on someone else's review. You guys have a voice, so use it. Secondly, I'll admit that I love the show, the endless sense of childhood wonder, plus the creative and innovative way the use every animation style known to man has me caught up. Also I will say, the kid that plays Gumball in season 3 annoys me sometimes. They shoulda stuck with the season 2 actor. He was perfect for Gumball. But I digress, it's fresh, progressive, and unlike Scaredy Squirrel, it doesn't annoy me to high heaven
  • Don't base your opinions on reviews.

The title says it all. I really like this show. Don't hate on it until you actually give it a fair chance. A review from a middle school student is most likely going to say it's gay and it sucks a thousand times so find better reviews about why it's good or bad.
  • Pure uninspirating material for Cartoon Network.

Cartoon Network nuked shows that barely got many years of fame for a crap fest like this.

Microsoft Paint gone wild, a copy and pasted mess.
  • especially good for kids

its a very funny show all around but sometimes it can be dumb, i let my kids watch it and they say its their 2nd favorite show after regular show
  • Just not my cup ot tea...

3.5
    I just never got into the show. The characters are just too wacky and zany for my taste. The only characters I like are the mom and the little sister. Everyone else is just annoying o watch at times. Don'r get me wrong, the show has a few scenes that make me chuckle but it's just not that amazing to me.

I think it's interesting how they combine all the different art styles but at the same time, I really don't like how simplified the characters look (excluding the t-rex). I guess I just miss the times where the creators put more depth into their character designs/artwork. Sure, the cartoons from the 80s & 90s are overrated but the one thing I always admired was how much creation the creators put into the show. I try to be open minded with art styles but after seeing so many questionable cartoons chucked onto CN, it gets a little annoying.

Anyway, I don't care if people like the show, good for them. But me, I'd only watch this show if there was nothing else on. Otherwise,I'd pass on the show.
  • A surprisingly awesome show!

The Amazing World of Gumball is very similar to Regular Show, Adventure Time, all of those shows that are weird and random in their humour, and while in my opinion it isn't quite as funny as Adventure Time, it is oddly witty for a kids show. Some of the jokes are really genius, on a very regular basis as well, in most episodes. But by far my favourite aspect of the show is the animation/art. Some characters/environments are 3D, and some are 2D, and both a gorgeous. The 3D aspect especially is so beautifully modelled/animated.

I think it's really special, a rare gem considering the age it's aimed at :)
  • UPDATE (April 23, 2014): A more fair look at this show.

I'd like to apologize for my earlier review. I probably been too harsh with this show. I mean, it is one of the more better shows on today's TV. I mean, again, some of the episodes are mediocre, but that doesn't mean the show is completely unwatchable. I usually avoid the episodes I dislike. It's too bad they stopped making new episodes for this show. When I first watched this in 2011, I really liked it. Then I hated it for a few weeks, and liked it again. About the hospitalized thing, I soon realized it's just some running gag this show offers. It's actually quite a decent show for today's TV era.
  • stupid show

season 3 got ugly its stupid this show sucks they don't know anything but bunch of idiots and a stupid dad
  • Awesome

A very funny show
  • I love it!

When I saw the trailer, I didnt think it was going to be good. but then I watched the first few episodes and loved it! It's about a blue cat and his adoptive brother goldfish with legs. They solve problems and have adventures. theres only one episode i dont like. I cant wait for the next season.
  • An Amazing show to watch.

The first time I watched the Amazing World of Gumball I did not know what to think of it; a blue cat, a Goldfish with legs, a Tyrannosaurus-Rex, a Peanut with horns and so on and so forth. The first thing that caught my eye was that some characters were drawn differently, some looking more cartoonish than others and that the setting was in the "real" world, that's what really got my attention. I have to say that I am a huge fan of Family Guy, Futurama, The Simpsons (duh!) and many other great shows but this one really makes me laugh my lungs out. The show's jokes are witty, well thought out and surprisingly fresh considering that many pop culture references have been used by so many other shows before. Not a show for everyone and I LOVE that because you have to understand where it all comes from to GET the jokes. Most people will think that the jokes are stupid and won't understand that this is precisely what makes The Amazing World of Gumball SO SPECIAL, that it doesn't take itself so seriously and enjoys its own silliness and crazy if not ludicrous adventures. My son who is 6 LOVES the show and the jokes and so do I, we watched it together whenever we can and that makes this show even more special. In a world full of cliches and bland jokes, the Amazing World of Gumball is a refreshing and special cartoon. Its special kind of comedy is not for everyone. I have already bought seasons 3 and 4 and looking forward to seasons 2 and 1 (in that crazy order). The Amazing world of Gumball is one heck of a show!!!
  • Dumbest Show ever.

I don't care what you think, you know it sucks. Animated characters in a real world? A fish, cat, banana, and a ton of other idiotic characters. I've watched it before to prove I know it sucks. Seriously. Everyone with a positive comment, get your head on straight. This is the WORST. I'd rather get a concussion than watch one episode of this crap. I'm literally not kidding. Oh, and the episode where they see a paper bear about some sort of stupid germ issue, she diagnoses something, and they give her 'A treatment of sarcastic looks' After that joke, I literally knew this is 20x worse than the Incredible Crew, Level Up, and every bad fart joke I've heard combined. And for the record, I've been forced to watch a lot of episodes by "friends" so if you think they have good jokes, I can counter each and every one. Also, for the record, I want to smash Gumball and Darwin with a sledgehammer. Their stupidity that ends up in luck just makes them all the more annoying. Cartoon Network should just make an episode where they just die from their own stupidity and arrogance. For the record, all the positive commenters on this show need to understand that is not a child's channel. At least if this show continues, move it to Nickolodeon. This show is the pinnacle of stupidity. It's impossible to get any worse, unless it gets worse the Gumball way, which it has. Each episode, the have worse ideas. One by one, it gets worse. This show practically makes me want to stop watching cartoon network. They pretty much destroyed Cartoon Network with idiotic shows, and this one makes all of them looks like perfect comedies. Everyone with a positive comment, seriously, like I said, this a channel for kids that are 11-15, not kindergarteners and first graders. I mean, seriously, they already share time with Adult Swim. I hate this damned show so much I want to yell at the producers of this wreck they call a cartoon.

• A little too much sugar and not enough spice

Were now we have shows like Uncle Grandpa, Adventure Time, Regular Show, etc which can be considered a "Confusing being random for humor" show we have Amazing World of Gumball. Where as I don't rightly declare this show the worst and go around like "OMG!!! THIS IS THE WORST THING SINCE THEY PUT ON THAT OTHER SHOW THAT WASN'T A 90's CARTOON" I will still say this isn't very good. It can't seem to calm the fuck down and that's what annoys me. In my "Steven Universe" review, I said something about other shows on this network being "way too much eye candy" is my example.

Now I will respect the fans but let me say Grandpa and the other shows I just mentioned are guilty of this but where they stand out is that everybody has a clear character. You can remember Uncle G, Pizza Steve, Rigby, Mordecai, Finn or Jake because they all have clear characters even the others that I will not list because it'll be too long. I've watched both seasons of AWoG and I haven't grown attached to anybody. They all act the same besides maybe two character Gumball's sister and his mother (The only SANE characters in the show). Everybody acts all sugary and spontaneous making them all blend and become indishtinguishable. They have a buffet with the scenry admit is kinda cool. It's photorealistic which conflicts with the different character art styles. That's actually my main praise for the show the character designs(not their personalities because most of them don't get that much screentime to develop one) which can consist of the CG dinosaur, an 8-bit spider, A ballon (also CG), and a puppet thing with a realistic mouth.

All in all if you're interested I'm not going to bash you enjoy the show but if you want a show with great art, characters, atmosphere and above all creativity i'm going to say watch steven Universe. I know that makes me seem bias and Fanboyish but I just enjoy that show more

---MadMetalCrimson
  • This Show....

This show why is it still on the air... Cartoon network use to be so respectable but now... this is absolute crap
  • amazingly hiiiilarious

Anyone who bashes this show is either soo full of themselves they're blinded by their own self righteous sense of quality and can't see its greatness, or too dumb to actually understand the hilarity of how clever the writing really is. AMAZING SHOW! Could go into copious amounts of detail but the show speaks for it self. Just hope that your able to listen while it's doing so.
< 1 2 3 4