A The Americans Community
Wednesday 10:00 PM on FX

Christmas came 364 days early for fans of The Americans! Earlier today—of all days—FX finally announced a Season 2 premiere date for The Americans after keeping us all in the dark for far too long. Ready? Put a big old hammer and sickle on your 2014 Kittens Sitting on Things calendar for February 26 at 10pm, because that's when the Jennings return. 

The late February date gives you plenty of time to re-watch the first season as a refresher, or to cram in a first run if you haven't yet seen The Americans. And if you haven't, you probably should; The Americans found a home on many of our editors' Top 10 Shows of 2013 lists and is widely considered to be one of the best new series of the year. 

The Americans stars Matthew Rhys and Keri Russell as Russian spies living in early-'80s America. Part spy thriller and part family drama, it comes with the TV.com stamp of approval. 

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/25/2016

Season 4 : Episode 11

Next Episode

AIRS ON 6/1/2016

Season 4 : Episode 12

111 Comments
Comments (111)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Can't wait! Completely hooked. Superb acting and plot.
Flag
I was intrigued by the teasers and Keri Russell is HOT...lol....both she and Matthew Rhys play their roles with JUST the right amount of understatement, actually, the whole cast, to make it seem as much like a docu-drama as a drama....They got all the details of early 80s America correct. I CAN BARELY WAIT for the 2nd season premiere.....
Flag
I'm so excited! It was so slow-paced at first I wasn't sure that I'd be able to stick with it, but I'm glad I did. And am I the only one who thinks Matthew Rhys is kinda hot? The male half of the American Jennings (made-up name) family. LOL
Flag
Yippy! Can't wait, though of course I'm going to have to. A great show. One of the things I love about it is that you find yourself frustrated that they have no cell phones to warn each other (which of course they did not, back then) or call off missions, etc. Makes it more intense.
Flag
Great Show! Felicity is so hot :)
Flag
Super. It's like a billion years in the future.
Flag
A great show, and so glad it's coming back soon.
Flag
YES
Flag
I wanted to love this show so much, maybe because I love Keri Russell so much and Margo Martindale had such great guest appearances, but so much of the show felt flat to me. The couldn't seem to focus on the family dynamics enough to make that interesting, and so much of the spy dynamic was left with open holes that I never really felt they lived up to the huge amount of potential they had going in to the series.
Flag
I actually agree with Sanity_Bleeds. The music and performances WERE fantastic but I thought the writing could have been better. I did enjoy the first season but I thought there was quite a bit of room for improvement.
Flag
You obviously didn't get anything of this great series. No worries though. There are lots of garbage out there which might be more suitable for your intellect.
Flag
I don't think the show was nearly as deep as you're trying to make it out to be. I will say though, whoever wrote the score to the episodes did a fantastic job. In the end though, I thought the chemistry between Russell and Rhys were really the only things left driving my interest in the show. Their constant change in priorities, dedication, and emotions, especially towards each other was the only thing keeping the show interesting. I'll give season 2 a chance, but the producers and writers really need to find their center and give the show balance again, because this is definitely one not to let go teetering around.
Flag
Yussssssssssssssssssssss!
Flag
yujuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Flag
Greaaaat news!!! Two months to go...
Flag
YES WE HAVE A DATE!!!!
Flag
finalllyyyyy!!!!!!! 2 thumbs up!
Flag
Just raise a finger to the Emmys and Golden Globes and continue putting out an artfully crafted compelling story with two of the best lead performances on television with a - typical for F/X shows - great supporting cast and a story about spies better than the overrated one on Showtime.
Flag
Aww yeah! I've missed you so much, show. Where to begin? The awesome cast (I can't believe the Golden Globes acknowledged precisely none of them). The music (Tusk!). The wigs. Spycraft (as opposed to technological shortcuts). The most non-annoying TV kids this side of Homeland.

I pledge allegiance to The Americans.
Flag
Good.
Flag
YES. This show is SO GOOD. Excited to see it back. Felicity was my as-a-young-teen crush. Felicity as a kickass Soviet spy is my adult crush and I am not afraid to admit it.
Flag
my buddy's step-aunt makes absolutly nothing every hour she watches this programme but loves it anyway...
Flag
Finally! This is one of the best shows on TV. Never thought I'd feel that way about a spy show!
Flag
You're probably just tired of all the stupid gimmicks and hi-tech crap most spy shows have and are completely dependent upon. Plus, the cold war actually happened and probably looked a lot like what's seen on "The Americans". I agree it's a great show, certainly one of the best.
Flag
This is the evening before my birthday. Though I should stop admitting that if I seriously am going to get my family on board of pretending my birthday is actually in August (half birthday actually is) since that particular day in February is, in my family the last kid birthday, though not technically because my brother's was Monday, more often than not seemed to fall in the week everyone returned from February vacation so no one is happy, most people are in the doldrums of winter by then, there undoubtedly was a huge snowstorm about the eighteenth so it the snow is gross and it is cold and damp. My dad used to tell me it was seventy degrees the day I was born (but he was wrong, it was fifty at noon time in Boston when he emerged for a cigarette after I was born but that is how gross it is that day)
Flag
Follow this Show
Members
  • 8:00 pm
    The Carmichael Show President Trump
    NEW
    NBC
  • 9:00 pm
    American Ninja Warrior
    NEW
    NBC