A The Americans Community
Wednesday 10:00 PM on FX

Nearly every character on The Americans is currently in a precarious position...

So, let's put it to a vote:

poll
5 Comments
Comments (5)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I cant see how Nina or Martha would be killed off because they really have only just started in on the important stuff. Beeman thought he was turning Nina and in reality she has begun to turn him and Martha has just got married to Philip with the intent of having an information source in the intelligence community. If they die too quickly it makes their actions in season 1 pointless.

I think that there are going to be a few more precarious situations that would have a longer lasting effect that out right death. Philip has TWO sham marriages on his hand (although season 1 seemed to show him as actually in love with Elizabeth) and there is a lot of scope for things to go drastically wrong there. Beeman is in a failing marriage and sleeping with the enemy so I think there is a lot of mileage in that storyline too.
Flag
I think Martha with die in the season two finale. She will discover Philip's identity and he or Elizabeth will kill her. The marriage was necessary, but ultimately it spelled the end for Martha. Phillip kept Matha happy as a lover, but as a wife she is likely to be more suspicious and less satisfied. She'll feel entitled to answers to questions she won't have asked before. She'll snoop, she'll learn something and then she will die.
Flag
In terms of season 2 casting decisions, apparently Annet Mahendru (Nina) and Alison Wright (Martha) have been upped to series regulars, so I guess the more intriguing question is how they are going to be kept alive!
Flag
Martha's relationship with Phillip is bound to flop. Whether or not it ends with her demise, I don't know. I think it would one of those inconvenient (for russian intelligence) and convenient (for Phillip's relationship with Elizabeth and 'merica) deaths that would add yet another divide on who to pull for, depending on the circumstances, because of her "innocence" in it all. Also, it may open up the possibility of the near impossible task of making Matthew Beeman their new, unaware "inside-man."

Of course her character does add enough intrigue and drama to keep her around for a while, so maybe she won't be the next to go...
Flag
I don't know who is going to die - if any - but i am sure it's not Nina, she became really important for the show after the season finale and i don't think that they are gonna simply kill her after that
Flag
Follow this Show
Members