A The Americans Community
Wednesday 10:00 PM on FX

The Americans S02E05: "The Deal"

A secret agent can only maim and murder under disguise so many times before family breakfast starts to feel like one pancaked lie. “Russians will die for principles—principles that will one day save all mankind. Jews? They’ll die for their tribe,” Arkady told a KGB subordinate, as if to say that any faction that isn't the Mother Land is ultimately wrong in its worldview because of limited goals. Russia not only looks after its “tribe” members, but also seeks to benefit all of mankind with its ideology, seeks to make the world its tribe. Correctness is a matter of ultimate scope, but as we’ve seen in previous episodes, what good is being right on a global scale when the soldiers enacting this cause feel wrong on a personal scale? 

And who better to point out this conundrum than a fellow secret agent from the other (other) side, Philip’s captive Mossad (we were right!). Half mind games and half shop talk, the assailant from last week (Cliff Marc Simon) needled Philip the same way Philip had mentally engaged Fred knowing full well that the only way out of such a bound mess was to connect on a human level (and a thwarted physical one). But, as Arkady pointed out, that’s where the similarities stopped. Philip was “platinum” to the point of never having gone back to Russia, a place he still loved; his prisoner was “bronze,” allowed to return home for Passover, and expendable.

“I hide what I do. I don’t hide who I am” was the kind of phrase meant to shame Philip for the dark side of his dedication—a last stab at integrity from someone resigned to death. Later on, this sort of criticism would be voiced as an appeal from the episode’s living McGuffin, physicist Anton Baklanov (Michael Aranov, who MORE than earned his air time). “You’re a monster. You’re not a man. Whatever you once were, whoever you were, they trained it out of you. No feeling, no humanity. You may as well be dead,” the father cried, while the human named Philip stoically drove to his mission’s end. From the losing side, this accusation might be true, but Philip’s war is not one fought for all families, it's one fought for his family. The one he knows. And in the end, the Mossad agent survived because of Russia's insistence on a deal. How’s that for humanity?

In the Martha-verse, white wine and girltalk happened and it was the best thing ever. “Would you like a glass of wine? ... I have white annnd white.” Clark Herbert Westerfeld’s shunned wife ended last week's episode as a liability, and there was speculation that Martha’s husband-outing job application would be the death of her. But we should know by now that The Americans is not so unimaginative as to kill willy-nilly, especially when there are other options available, and ESPECIALLY when those options involve Elizabeth reappearing as one of her many aliases. Plus, what fun would this show be if it devolved into another Guess Who’s Going to Die-athon? There's more to gain from the living, and if there's any sympathy to be found in espionage, The Americans has it in spades.

Enter “Jennifer,” Clark’s “sister” with great glasses, hair, and a great jacket (what). If last week’s “long, lazy, romantic morning” gave us more of what fans love about the closest character The Americans has to an audience surrogate, this week's girl's night plopped right down in a comfy, cozy sweater and uncorked grigio bottle number two, then sauced out gems like calling Clark a “hall monitor for the goddamned FBI!” In lesser hands, this storyline would've been just fun with a goal: Keep Clark’s name off the form and live in Martha’s world for a quarter hour. Hell, I wouldn't complain. 

But The Americans never misses an opportunity to make its characters feel things, and so Elizabeth found herself caught off guard (as Philip's mate) by Martha’s description of Jennifer’s brother’s talents in the sack. Okay, one: Siblings don’t want to hear about the sexual prowess of family members at all, ever. Two, Elizabeth seemed uneasy hearing from another member of the Philip/Clark bedroom club. It's something that could haunt the Jennings moving forward, considering the sexual apprehension she’s been experiencing since the death of Emmett and Leanne.    

Elsewhere, and after some guessing games, we finally received some clarity on Oleg’s motives as "The Deal" slammed him face-to-face with Agent Stan Beeman. I’ve been Team Oleg since the get-go, and I still am, but mostly based on what he brings to the dramatic table and not his goals. When he first introduced, we wondered whether he was inept? Rich? Scheming? But like some of you had already guessed, "The Deal" revealed that there's more than meets the eye to this American-savvy fellow. I had hoped it was something as pure as developing feelings for Nina, but Oleg’s sights are set much higher than some Russian tail. He sees Nina for what she is: something valued by the enemy. In retrospect, it seems inevitable that a show so focused on criss-crossing national identities would produce a KGB leader who thinks like a Westerner, and not a “bureaucrat.” Someone who will counteract the enemy by using the same playbook. Unfortunately, that playbook once again involves using Nina’s safety as a bargaining device.

While Stan lost the battle, the important thing is that he’s back in the war. Last week had him bottoming out with a department inquiry and a drunken heart-to-heart with Philip, but thanks to a note on Baklanov’s file, Stan found himself doing what he does best: connecting dots and running ops. Never one to forget his friends, he brought Gaad along for a ride that looked like it might land them not only the physicist, but (unknowingly) Philip as well. “What can you give me in exchange for Nina’s safety?” Oleg asked, preying on (after Stan's confession of love) the most coveted development in Stan’s emotional world. Oleg knows Stan loves her. He knows she is the fed’s weakness. He knows that out-threatening the other side’s most vulnerable areas is what wins Cold Wars.

SPY NOTES

– Dockside ending, yet another classic detective genre setting.

– Submit this one to the Emmys based at least on Aranov's backseat performance. For serious. 

– Philip and Elizabeth curled up on the couch, Philip asking for stories of the homeland, minutes before family life begins once again. 

– Personally, I’d like to see Nina take down both Oleg and Stan. She doesn’t deserve to be a pawn. 

– Looks like Brad Mullen’s been forced back into the sidelines. Can't say I mind.

– Claudia’s replacement? Kate.  

– Sandra’s still trying to connect with her true self. This week’s attempt involved “Soul Retrieval.” Good luck!

– Where’s Matthew?

– "Stonewalled. It’s like I’m the KGB." —Gaad

– “My life. My crazy life, I don’t know where to put everything.” —Paige

– "Clark’s so uptight you know, like fuss, fuss, fussy!"

– "Can I be a little bit of a Betty Buttinski?"

– "We are better at vodka. They are better at tobacco."

– “Is President Reagan personally scaling our walls in his cowboy hat?"

What did you think of "The Deal"?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 6/8/2016

Season 4 : Episode 13

74 Comments
Comments (74)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Anyone have any idea what kind of vintage car Oleg was driving? I was thinking it might be a 1960,s E-Type Jaguar, but it doesn't exactly fit the shape.
Any help would be appreciated.
Flag
was there an erection in this show? I was wondering why it was there (lol)
Flag
This show is brilliant!
What a great way to diffuse the Martha situation without her getting killed. And we got to see Jennifer again! Absolutely best costume of the series so far.
Oleg, you little prick! I love it.
Where is Matthew?
Where did the Mossad woman go with Phillip and Elizabeth's car? Are the kids and Beeman not going to notice they've changed cars? Or will it all be explained away because of last week's mini argument over telling Henry they were getting a new car?
Poor Sandra.
Arkady reaming out Oleg for interrupting the cables. Brilliant!
Flag
I'm pretty sure they weren't using their own car for the op.
Flag
LOVE The Americans. Brilliant-especially all the character changes of Liz and Clark.

The 3 top MUST watch agent type series-not in order of merit:
1) Person Of Interest
2) The Americans
3) The Blacklist
Flag
Maybe I missed something, but what was with the guy listening in on Martha's phoneline and then calling Elizabeth about Columbia House?
Flag
The Center has Martha's phone bugged due to her "marriage" to Clark (Philip). When the agent listening in on all her drunken calls to Clark, threatening to turn in her job application indicating she was married, that agent telephoned Elizabeth to warn her that Martha was going off the rails. This agent's cover story was some sort of code about Martha. So this is why Elizabeth donned her Jennifer disguise (sister of Clark) and went over to Martha's to suss out the situation. I really thought she was going to kill Martha, but the way she diffused the situation was brilliant and no suspicions have been aroused. So Martha is still in play.
Flag
Thanks for explaining that. I missed it too.
Flag
Elizabeth as Clark's sister was phenomenal. as was the Russian scientist. I could really feel his despair to have to go back but on the other hand I wanted to shoput:"Shut the fuck up, geez, it's only for ten years and then you go wherever you want, cry baby" and then I realized how unfair and cynical I was. I guess I'm allergic to pleading and crying.
Nina has to do more or at least something.
And OLEG: he is fucking everything up, am I right? That's what is happening now, isn't it?
Flag
I love this show but......some of the female characters are annoying and boring.

people i have to fast forward through-

anything with the daughter. please dont became like the one in homeland.
anything with martha. just get caught and arrested already.
a lot of the stuff with nina. sorry she's boring.
Flag
Nina is boring as hell, but her storyline is getting ready to ignite. Her new colleague is trying to extort money from Stan Beeman for Nina's safety, because he doesnt know Nina is playing Stan. Thats gonna backfire horribly.
Flag
He does know that Nina is playing Stan. He's reading her reports of their encounters. I think he's trying to play Stan from both sides. Nina gives him false intel that hinders the FBI and now Oleg will either extort money from Stan for personal gain or valuable intel that the Russians can use.
Flag
That just goes to show how much I was paying attention. I never saw the part with "Oleg" reading her reports.
Flag
Staff
So just Elizabeth and Claudia then?
Flag
Does Stan's wife get a pass? :-)

Elizabeth and Sandra need another night out at the local suburban disco, in fact invite Nina too, the whole cast should bust some moves under an disco ball, although it is the 80s, maybe a wall of televisions instead or something.
Flag
A strong episode.

1) I liked the Mossad agent playing mind games with Philip, right down to the point when they were doing the exchange. He was still going on and on to make Philip feel real bad ! I almost want to shoot him myself !

2) The car scene with Anton at the back was heart wrenching. I almost thought Philip might let him go. Philip definitely had to fight back those thoughts. Great acting from both actors. The one good thing about Anton going back is 15000 Jews gets to go to Israel, quite a good deal for Israel.

3) Very good and surprising move that Elizabeth becomes Jennifer to counsel Martha. I never expected to see Jennifer again. Ha ! The scene was so fun too !

4) Is Claudia gone for good? I thought they will do more with her character since they ask the wonderful Margo Martindale to come back this season. Did Claudia mentioned she was leaving last episode? Seems kind of sudden with this Kate replacement and she seems more like a fan girl than a spy/handler.

5) Great setup for Oleg vs Stan. I originally thought Oleg was a spoil son of a powerful man but looks like he is a formidable foe for Stan. Stan will probably have some tricks of his own and that makes it a good showdown !
More+
Flag
Rhys' performance was superb during the scenes with both the Mossad guy and the scientist. His face was a stone wall - with incredibly subtle reactions to his opposites' talks. So many great quotes!
Flag
Yea you had to feel sorry for that Jewish guy. He sunk himself when he tried to sell Russian secrets. I was like, well.....they're definitely gonna kill him now, but not before sending him back to Mother Russia. Oops!! We'll probably see the Mossad guy again. He was too damned annoying to just go away and never return.
Flag
I was exactly the opposite, I thought the Mossad guy showed ... what is it... Hutzpah? Got to the acceptance phase pretty quick, gave escape a shot and while the scientist was only a civillian his whining didn't impress me, first the Eichman comparison and then the begging (was expecting the "look in your heart" line) and then the monster accusations, guy would had me looking in the boot for that mouth gag from season 1. Spare me the cliches, you a great scientist and thinker, reason it out. For a second he was making sense, he could do research on the American dime and ship the results to Moscow but he went all blubbery again. It was important to the story to make Philip feel like shit though but it didn't resonate as genuine to me.
Flag
Damn this episode was great as well. Forgive me if I don't go as in depth. It has been a busy day and I am still recovering from the end of Psych.

Ok, first and foremost, the interaction between the Mossad agent and Phillip was fantastic, the whole episode could have been just them and it still would have been awesome. I found it interesting that Phillip was just in that position not too long ago. There is something about two combatants that are stuck in a room together chatting that I can just appreciate. There is a begrudging respect between the two as well as a little animosity that is under it all that allows the tension to build and it just makes good drama. The whole bathroom thing was kind of silly. In situations like that you just tell them to go in their pants. It leaves the person doting on them too exposed as we saw. Plus no man should ever have to wipe another man's arse. Unless you are in the medical field and it is part of your job. I hope once he gets his arm fixed that we are going to see more of this guy.

Russia not only trading him for the physicist but giving up a bunch of other Russian Jewish people to Israel was kind of fantastic. There is this constant battle in Philip in whether he is doing the right thing. I think the Mossad agent had him convinced and then his superiors in Russia do that. That pulls you back to their side just a little bit. Which will further his struggle with staying or leaving the KGB. It is just another fantastic layer to the show that is fantastic.

Elizabeth, seriously someone give Keri Russell a dan Emmy already. She is fantastic in all of the roles she is in in this show. The conversation between her and Martha was kind of tense in and of itself. She had to have orders that if Martha wasn't going to change it that she would have to kill her. But when they went to the sex talk. Her looks were fantastic. And it made me wonder why she was taken aback by it. Which made me think that there could be a possibility that Elizabeth and Phillip have never actually slept with each other. There is sex, and then there is love making. And they have always existed in a professional manner. She seemed kind of shocked that he was take charge with Martha. I have to wonder if she has ever experienced that with him. I am not a sex therapist, because that kind of psychology kind of bores me. But that would be an interesting therapy session.

Oleg. Oleg made a mistake and Beeman didn't capitalize on it. He told Beeman that only he knew that Beeman had turned Nina. If so, Beeman could have just shot him and been done with it. And he should have. The trouble with Oleg is that he is over confident. He may very well understand the mindset of the US. But he doesn't understand spy craft. You never reveal what you know about your opponent until you use it to crush them. He was a nice distraction. But I have a feeling that he is going to screw up and Beeman is going to capitalize it. but perhaps maybe not. I still am not sure why he didn't shoot Oleg, but perhaps the shock of Beeman finding out that someone else knew and his perceived closeness with Nina threw him a bit.

Overall another great episode from the strongest show that FX has.

More+
Flag
Staff
Yeah I think you're right about Stan being too thrown to react. Plus, he's probably still a little reluctant to make violent moves against the Russians when his murder if Vlad inspired such a departmental backlash. Hey, and let's not forget that Nina isn't so stoked about Beeman hiding from her his responsibility in murdering Vlad. If he did kill Oleg dockside, I'm sure Oleg's connections would pressure Arkady to get some info out of Nina - but hey Arkady DID say he'd give up his career to save an agent so who knows. Also, one thing that keeps sticking in my head is the statement Oleg made to Arkady about knowing "a lot more about counterintelligence" or something to that effect. If there's a long game he's playing by blackmailing Stan I'm definitely curious about it. Plus, 2nd season means higher stakes, and it's make sense to have Oleg be more than meets the eye. Wonder if his Line X role is a cover and he had anything to do with promoting Kate...Wonder if he is part of an internal spy task force...ah I'm getting too paranoid!
Flag
Good points. I still feel Oleg is a wild card for the season and series. The great thing about the character is that they could literally do anything with him. He could be ultra ambitious and feels that Arkady is too slow and Russian in his way of counterintelligence, they could have him turn out to be an internal auditor of sorts, they could have him be the reason why the families are getting hit, they could have him become a double agent, or a triple agent. It should be pretty fun to see what they do. Whichever way that they go this is going to be good.

And I understand about the typos. Half of my posts are done with an iPad.
Flag
Staff
*typos courtesy of tiny smartphone keyboard
Flag
Jennifer is my favorite Elizabeth disguise. She looks like some of my aunts, with the hair, the giant glasses, and the sweater vest thingy! I got a huge smile on my face when Martha opened the door. I was sorta expecting the end of Martha, too. I'm glad they found a better way to deal with the job application than murder! They can still use her for information so handling her is smarter than killing her.

Philip's storyline this week was just sad to me. I really liked the Mossad agent, though. I love how they used him to show us how much Philip misses home, and how much Philip and Elizabeth have given up for their cause.

I knew Oleg was bad news for Nina. I hope she can somehow get the upper hand. I agree about wanting Nina to take down Stan and Oleg!
Flag
-I thought it was a very strong episode; it's been a while since I felt as bad as I did for the poor scientist wailing in the backseat. I almost hated Philip in that moment, although you could see him seriously struggling with what he was doing as well.
-Those scenes with Martha and Jennifer were really something. I kept wondering how everyone kept straight faces shooting them. Keri Russell was in top form.
-I am really enjoying everything Oleg. I didn't think he would just figure it all out that quickly. I think a big part of why he is squirreling himself into all this (apart from the fact that he is obviously very ambitious) is because he's fascinated with Nina. I really think he is. I don't think he wants to actually harm her, or really cares about Stan. He just wants to basically take over everything Rezidentura and get the girl. He is bothered by Arkady's protectiveness over her (he has, after all covered for her several times) as well. I am very interested to see where it goes from here, because I'm a big fan of the actors' chemistry.
Flag
1. Philip wiping Mossad guy's ass - ewww! I really didn't need to see that.

2. So Beeman is going to become a conscious KGB agent in order to "protect" Nina? I didn't see that coming. Oleg, you sneaky bastard!

3. I'm surprised Elizabeth didn't kill Martha. Especially, when Martha started to talk about Philip's bed antics.

Thanks for review, Ryan!
Flag
1. I applaud them for showing that. It makes things uncomfortalble and uncomfortably real. For a network show this is about as real as it gets. Kudos.
Flag
1. "You got to know when to... hhhechhold them!"

2. Does he go back to Gaad now and say he lost him or that Oleg went for a cheeseburger that didn't taste like lead?

3. That was curious, is Philip more submissive with Elizabeth than his faux wife?
Flag
2. Beeman: "We need to buy French cars, Gaad! Soviets have Citroëns! They're too fast for us!".

3. I guess Philip is more sensual with Elizabeth. They're not having sex - they're making love.

Martha is Philip's job. Since he doesn't love her maybe he's more rough with her?
Flag
Given Stan's history, I was quite surprised that when a Oleg turned up to blackmail him and assured him that he was the only one that knew about his 'agent', Stan didn't just shoot him. He was standing next to some rather deep water - problem solved!
Flag
Plus it would be the second time he shot a diplomat. He already ruined Gaad's career with the first one.
Flag
You are right. He should have but killing a diplomat could be big trouble especially his bosses and colleagues all knows they are following him. Also, it would be more fun to see Oleg vs Stan in future episodes.
Flag
I could watch a show where Stan just runs around shooting unarmed Russian diplomats, maybe he can scale the rezidenturas walls in a cowboy hat and ride off with Nina.
Flag
It was one of the weaker episodes I thought though it ended on an interesting note with the Oleg scene. I mostly continue watching because of the Nina character who is smokin' hot.
Flag
Jennifer was awesome and it was so sad to see Elizabeth's reaction sort of seep through (and I liked how unspoken the fact that Phillip rolled his eyes at the whole Martha and Clark of it all was maybe the biggest comfort to Elizabeth). But on a weird note and perhaps I let the Mossad agent get into my head, but I wonder if it has ever been a consideration that maybe Paige or Henry or both aren't actually Phillip's biological children (weirdly I think this more about Henry, Paige just seems like she would be the daughter of these two people). Whatever, its probably not important.

Oleg, I was so kind of hoping you were a double agent or something! Now I am kind of worried about Nina and I love Nina! I suspected trouble though when Nina was careful to make sure she said Oleg's name to Stan like three times in her report to him. I think she had a hope he'd do the same thing as he did to his predecessor, and she liked his predecessor.
Flag
This show might be able to respell 'brilliant' if they choose to, maybe 'brillziant'? Aside from the very ending, which is arguable, it was economic dialogue to a T, and despite shifting from differing story arcs (which ultimately tie in together) with marital situations, it was done VERY well. THIS is a real show! When Philip was being hounded for his evils by Aranov's character I was truly torn between whether Phil should give him up (and thus be a traitor!) or hold on to his guns. If the content were not so dark, it would have been gut-wrenching.

And Clark's sister... wow. Well done, especially with the acting within the acting when she was clearly bothered by her hubby's sexual play with his fake wife. This show wraps layers within layers very, very well.
Flag
Phil did a terrible thing. But I knew that was the goal of this particular mission: to ruin an innocent man's life, so this time I wasn't rooting for him. I see him as a bad guy in this episode.

I love Oleg's European car. What is it, a Citroen? Classy. And gosh, I still don't know what his endgame is. But he's demonstrating the ability to think laterally, and not "like a bureaucrat." That will prove to be invaluable in the spy game.

Poor Martha. For a moment she was about to break free from Phil's grip on her, but she can't handle the deception of two of KGB best agents. Poor Martha...

Elizabeth could've explained to Paige in so many plausible ways why organized religion is not the best answer and why she wants to raise her children without it, but perhaps she's simply not equipped beyond the "religion is the opiate of the people" mantra.

As usual, a great episode. Excellent writing and acting. In the beginning, TV experts were calling this FX's Homeland, but The Americans is turning out to be much better.
Flag
Staff
Interestingly enough this episode's director is Daniel Attias who also directed 2 episodes of Homeland
Flag
Oleg's car - is it a Volvo? Yeah, great wheels, but not the best vehicle to be driving when you have a bunch of FBI agents on your tail! That car stands out by a mile.

Poor Martha indeed. The presence of the center that was screening Martha's calls was a surprise, though I guess we should have expected it. Any spy organisation that bothers to create fake relatives to cover the tracks of its agents (i.e. Aunt Helen) wouldn't have any problems screening the calls of its agents' fake wives.

I think Elizabeth was still thrown by the religion thing. Alternatively, she could have explained; I was half-expecting her to run after Paige out of the laundry room - if she hadn't been busy looking through and trying to hide the Andrew Laric files. As it is, the messenger bag was peeking out of that pile of laundry. Paige would have seen it if she had looked just a little more closely.
Flag
I'm sorry but mad-pac is right, the car is a Citroen DS from the 1970's.

But it indeed is not the best car to drive if you are under surveillance. But in this case Oleg wanted to be followed, so it worked in his favor. Which I suspect was his plan all along.
Flag
Next, Oleg will be driving a BMW Isetta to make sure he really stands out. (Oh, how I love the style of old European carts!) But if he does, this will looks more like an Archer spy story,

Flag
I love that car. It looks like you could take it home and feed it milk
Flag
Staff
I'm still impressed from a storytelling standpoint how smart it is to create a religious rift within the family. There's a premise that could be its own show, and the idea of differing belief systems among those we love still doesn't have a clean answer.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
Nice catch on the car and the Laric file. Also, I had forgotten about the screening of Martha's calls, but that's another layer in the mess she's into. As for religion, I would've said it gives ready answers, and I want my children to think for themselves and not follow what narrow-minded religious zealots dictate. or something like that. She could convince Paige, or try to provide her with another outlet to her self-discovery urges.
Flag
Staff
Agreed, Elizabeth should be nudging Paige toward her great music tastes. Taking her to Fugazi concerts - hey for some, music does fill that spiritual/ communal urge.
Flag
My feelings were all over the place in this episode. At some point I was careening wildly from being on the side of Philip, the Mossad agent and Anton. I wanted all of them to come of it winning. Two out of three ain't bad, but poor, poor Anton.

The toilet scene was both funny and horrifying. My ears, they could hear everything.

The car scene with Anton, and then at the dockside was just so heartbreaking. Michael Aronov deserves all the awards, but so does Matthew Rhys. You could see the conflict playing out on Philip's face and he was thisclose to breaking as Anton was pleading not to be sent back to the Soviet Union. Made of really stern stuff, these Directorate S agents. I would have folded.

Oleg, you bastard. It was evident that he knew he was being followed, but I was still really impressed with how he turned the tables round on Stan. I'm having an Oleg crush, ugh. Ugh because now I'm worried about how Nina's going to come out of this.

Not sure what to make of Kate yet. So nondescript, but who knows. Think she'll last more than a few episodes?

The 'Jennifer' wig is really the worst. That wig really strips everything attractive out of Keri Russell.
More+
Flag
Best goddamn episode of the season. KGB, Mossad, FBI, all in a dance -- damn! My only problem was why kidnap the Israeli scientist back to USSR? Wouldn't Moscow think he'd be more valuable if he stayed in America and was extorted for the secrets he was working on for Department of Defense.

Plus, cigarettes in the early '80 were really cheap. Like a buck a pack.
Flag
He wasn't an Israeli scientist, he was a Jewish defector from the USSR. I watched this episode three times. And cigarettes that cost one US dollar in the early 80's were a luxury to a young Soviet brought up on Communist principals no doubt.
Flag
I am glad I didn't have a mouthful of something when Paige said the line about her crazy life. Yes, being a teenage girl is so complicated.
Flag
I am not clear about the switch. The Israelis gave up a scientist with very important knowledge in order to get back a Mossad agent who said he was "bronze" and expendable?
Flag
Russia also allowed thousands of Jews to return to Israel, as heard via a radio news report in one of the last scenes of the episode.
Flag
A neat way to include a slice of history into the show!
Flag
They do that a lot. Much of it goes unnoticed. Its hard not to notice the awful clothes and hairstyles. The 80s was a horrible decade for fashion.
Flag
Fashion-wise it's still the seventies. The real 80's start to kick in a year or two.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members