The Americans

In Control

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Feb 20, 2013 on FX

• Great, but a little slow.

The episode and storyline that has been developing continues to intrigue and develop nicely. It has been so intense in some scenes, but lots of scenes move really slowly I think. I wish there was a little more action and intrigue to balance out our storyline, otherwise it gets a little stale.

While the storyline is superb, the action is missing, in my opinion. Episode 2 was superb but the two after that have been full of great storylines and no action. That's how I see it at least.

I hope the storyline continues to develop and that they have a bit more action to keep us enthralled.
  • brilliant episode!

I think it was great idea to show how paranoid both sides (especially Soviets) were and how close to start the third World War! Very scary.

So even though it seemed that there was not much action and everything was in vain (as a lunatic shot the president who lived and it had nothing to do with Soviet Union) in fact it portrayed the Cold War very well and how difficult it was for both sides to get information about what was going on. Really great idea to have the series about 1980s.

Love this show!
  • Getting very interesting!

This show is getting intriguing. At first I thought it was very odd that I was cheering for people who were Soviets. It wasn't as if the American characters weren't likable because I would be very upset if anything happened to Emmerich (Stan). Yet, the characters are so well developed nothing is so cut and dry. This episode really delved into the characters and their struggles. While there wasn't as much action, you did get to learn a lot about what the characters have been going through.
  • In Control

This show is building toward something, but it continues to do it at a snail's pace, and the episode today was just not efficient enough at driving home the end goal.

Considering the topic at hand, covering the shooting of the President, it was rather uneventful.