The Americans

Tuesday 10:00 PM on FX Premiered Jan 30, 2013 Returning 2018

dhaworth

The Americans Fan Reviews (86)

• The KGB are our enemies? IThink Not.

Wow I have finally caught up in full with all three seasons of "The Americans" and it's the best Suspense/Drama show I have ever watched and I watch a ton of television shows. I will say this is a review for all three seasons and not just one or two of them. I will start off with the story which takes place in Washington, . during the Cold War in the 1980's. The story progresses outside of this conflict to center on a married KGB couple with children that are spies working for their Motherland Russia. I love the story because no show to my recollection has ever dived into a story like this one and least of all not centered on it. I will move onto the acting which is Superb. I mean Matthew Rhys and Keri Russell as the main protagonists are Incredible and really flesh the characters out. The other actors and actresses all do an Amazing job including Noah Emmerich as the FBI Agent. I will follow up now on the action which is in my opinion extremely scrutinized and I mean that in a great way. The action/espionage is done Masterfully as it was created by Joe Weisberg who used to be in the CIA. I believe he recreates that time period with exquisite detail. The action is not Game of Thrones violence but when it's there it's all out and running for the finish line. I will finish with the cinematography which is done flawlessly and every shot and angle is shot with a purpose. I will close by saying this is a Must See television show. I mean I can think of no other show that keeps my Heart racing every episode at what might happen next like this show does and you will not regret watching it of that I can assure you. I can't wait for Season 4.