The Americans

The Clock

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Feb 06, 2013 on FX

• Better.

While the first episode was slow-moving at times, the second episode was filled with much more action, while continuing to develop what was interesting from the first episode.

'

It was definitely an improvement of the first episode, which is saying something since the first one was quite good.

I hope the show continues to move in this direction!
  • Tops the pilot

I love the pilot, but this raises the stakes even further. No easy task.

An impossible mission made the tension unbearable, all while believably developing the relationship between our two Russian spies and their American children.

Noah Emmerich was awesome again - it can't be overstated how important his character is to this show. Without an American agent, it would be too difficult to side with Russian spies. Instead we get likable characters on both sides of the struggle. Pumped for more.
  • episode 1X02

I must admit I was not particularly acctracted to this show when I read the plot, but I watched it nonetheless and now I'm glad I did.

It's well done and it got my attention...

I can't wait to see what happens next...
  • Serious Spy drama ! at Last !

It's not about bombs or car chases. It's about planning - patience - execution.

Watch "The Spy who came in from the Cold" - and "Three days of the Condor" - to establish a foundation.

"The Americans" is very good!

Thanks FX. We'll spread the word.

• The Clock

The second episode of The Americans really showcases why we love the edginess of FX dramas so much, and how even a predictable outcome, can still be preceded by an entertaining show.

I still think the acting is not quite up to par with some of television's elite dramas, but this series has me intrigued. This episode showed why this series has potential because it blurs the line between good and evil, and makes the protagonists put in those moral quandaries.