The Andy Griffith Show

Mayberry R.F.D.

Aired Monday 9:30 PM Apr 01, 1968 on CBS

• Story never got going and only made you feel bad most of the show.

1.9
    Seemed odd to end the show this way with an episode involving characters arriving from out of the country.A couple of mistakes in the episode. First the Mayberry train station. Why wasn\\\'t it used the past 7 years? Aunt Bee always had to take the bus. Second the train itself was a Union Pacific train. Funny though,Union Pacific never serviced North Carolina.Should have been a Norfolk and Southern train.
  • Good but Sam is no Andy!

7.9
    Even though Sam does his best to try to fill in the shows of Andy Griffith. Nobody and I mean nobody can and will replace Andy at all. As the Original is the original. Wonder what would had happened if the immigrant family would had been there and not dropped. Think there would be a lot of potential.
  • Mayberry begins again...

This is an awkward episode, in that if one is used to watching Andy Griffith, and then all of a sudden we get a slew of other characters, we are slightly disjarred. This episode if I understand correctly was the true pilot of the new show Mayberry R.F.D. and ran at the end of the 8th season of Andy Griffith. I'm not sure what to make of it as an episode, because I did not watch the entire Mayberry series, so it's difficult for me to pass a true critical assessmemt of it. It is nice to see Howard and Goober go ga-ga over the italian sister, and quite hysterical when Aunt Bee plays That's Amore as the Italian national anthem at a special town meeting to "welcome" the new neighbors(only in Mayberry!) It's so sad to see Andy Griffith end in such a "unending" way--the true ending with Andy and Helen getting married would come in the first episode in the fall. I think had they done the wedding episode first, and THEN did this one, it might have "flowed" better.