The Andy Griffith Show

My Fair Ernest T. Bass

Aired Monday 9:30 PM Feb 03, 1964 on CBS

• Ernest T finally getting that woman!

Originally aired 2/64. Being 9 & in 4th grade still in West Balto MD, I might have seen this like when. But in the DVR & MeTV age, I am almost 61 & was seen at 8:30 AM on 8/6/15. I was out here on the C wondering if Howard Morris (Ernest T) & Jackie Joseph are still alive & what they are up to 2 day. I get what this episode is all about. I am soo glad that I can review this. Loved it like just about all the shows leading up 2 this 1. Thank u for having this. Let's not 4 get the great Doris Packer whom I grew up with Leave it to Beaver & Dobie Gillis.
  • One of the very funniest episodes in the history of the show.

This one is hilarious. I crack up every time I hear Ernest T. say, "Good Evenin' Mrs. Wiley". The scene at the party is a classic, especially when he breaks the vase on that poor guys head, and then throws that girl over his shoulder and runs in the yard!
  • Ernest T. Bass moves into High Society!

This is a very good episode (even if I don't personally care for the character of Ernest T. Bass). Watching the metamorphisis of Ernest into a gentleman is worth the price of admission. Howard Morris was indeed a genius and was able to inject warmth and kindness into a less than appealing fellow (at times). The best part of this episode for me (other than the transformation) was Ernest meeting Ramona--and finding true love. A very lovely ending to this series, or as Andy or Barney says "there really is someone for everyone". The episode's plotting, dialogue, direction and acting are all first rate!