The Andy Griffith Show

CBS (ended 1968)

EarlyMemphis

The Andy Griffith Show Fan Reviews (44)

• The greatest show of all time!

I am a young man but I grew up watching this show, it was a family favorite of my mother's an' father's an' I quickly became right there with them. Andy Taylor was everything a lead character should be. He's the guy who you want to talk with when you're feelin' down 'cause you know he'll make you see it's not all that bad. This certainly was a hilarious show, an' I do admit that the first five seasons when Don Knotts was still a regular cast member were certainly the mos' comic an' giddy, but even after Barney Fife bid farewell to Mayberry the charm of this small little North Carolina town an' its colorful characters was everlasting. It is a show from the '60s but it not OF the '60s. It is a town unaffected by social an' culture change in America, because life in Mayberry is already as truly egalitarian as it gets. Everyone looks out for everyone, everyone respects everyone else's place. Things move slowly, nothing is perfect, but nobody would have it any other way. Yes, I LOVE this show.