The Angry Beavers

Nickelodeon (ended 2001)

The Angry Beavers Fan Reviews page 3 of 4

• A great show which is original and funny at the same time!

I've got to hand it to the creator of this show, who would have thought of a cartoon about two beavers living in a dam? It was an awesome idea btw.

A classic Nickelodeon cartoon which shouldn't have been replaced by the *crap* that is mostly around today!
    Norbert and Daggett were cool characters that many people could relate to, and I also found the characterisation of the show was utterly excellent. The love/hate relationship thing that is.

This is just one of the shows that should go down in history for being a classic!
  • Absolute genius!

The Angry Beavers is about two very opposite beaver brothers, Daggett Doofus Beaver and Norbert Foster Beaver. The show revolves around their crazy adventures and misadventures of everyday beaver life. As seen in episode 1, they leave home and (by accident) their dam is built in the middle of a lake in the forest. They also have many friends that also live in the forest, like Barry Bear, Truckee, the truck driving shrew, and Big Rabbit to name a few.

It is absolute genius to say the least least. The one liners, the catchphrases, in fact everything about this show is cool. Nick should bring it back ASAP because it was a much loved show and gained a very big fanbase throughout it's run on Nick and later Nicktoons.
    Two of the best catchphrases that ran throughout the series are:

Daggett: "That was nuts!"
    Norbert: "DAGGETT!"

Check the reruns of this show now!
  • cool show

I completely agree with you Maddox626 except i like spongebob. I completely agree with you Maddox626 except i like spongebob.
    I completely agree with you Maddox626 except i like spongebob.
    the only reason i copied my self is because maddox626 took the words right out of my mouth
  • A surreal, fun, whacky, hilarious odd-couple starring animated Beavers. What more could you want?

Firstly, I'll admit that the early episode weren't really that good. But after a while the episodes became great! And just when the series had found it's surreal, whacky, brilliant niche...Nickelodeon cancels it!

I know Nick is meant for kids, but every once in a while a brilliant show appears that can be enjoyed by teenagers and adults. These shows include Angry Beavers, Spongebob, Ren & Stimpy, Rocko's Modern Life (at times), and Invader Zim. All of these must have been considered too good, with the exception of Spongebob, 'cause Nick felt the need to cancel them.

What I'd like to see is the infamous final episode, where the beavers talk about how they've been canceled.

I'd also like to see a DVD, with plenty of audio-commentaries and behind-the-scenes docos, and including the final episode.

But of course, what I'd definitely like to see is the show come back on the air. Wake up NICK!

I wish there was a list somewhere on the internet with all the gag closing-credits. That would be great.
  • I want it BACK!!!!!!

Hey yall, this is Taylor. I was just wondering, why the heck did they take it off!!! just like INVADER ZIM! ALOT of people liked it, and when it really started to get popular they flipin took it off!
    i would watch it by season! i loved it it made me laugh ever if i was 8 when i started watching it! I miss it! so does my sister, and the rest of my family that used to base their family time on the show time!
    plz plz plz bring it back!!
  • Who knew you could think up of so many comical ideas about beavers?

THE GOOD - There are lots of good things about the show. The characters, the jokes, the animation. Anything visual is vivid and colorful, while the characters are fun-loving and quickly become one of your favorite cartoon character[s].

THE BAD - Sometimes, the re-use the jokes over and over again and it just gets tiring. You usually expect something new to happen, only to see a joke you've once heard before.

THE OVERALL - Its a really good show. Definatly something you'll either watch in your spare time or just because you like it. I recommend seeing at least 4 episodes before judging it.
  • good good show!

i really like this show for its hilarious antics and the fact that so many weird things to your not so average everyday canadian beaver, not that i would know that they are canadian... anyway,, this had a lot of hilarious and original episodes, so i give it a 10!
  • Nickelodeon's odd couple

The angry Beavers was a great show, funny, very funny. Dag was nuts and Norb was somewhat crazy. They had a buch of wierd friends and some crazy enimes like Trucky the shrew, Berry the bear and norb's girlfriend treeflower, I wish the show was still on. A Nick classic.
  • The hilarious adventures of Daggett Doofus Beaver and Norbert Foster Beaver...

Another one of Nickelodeon's greats. This show NEEDS to be put back on Nickelodeon -- not everyone in the world has the privilege of digital cable and can watch it on the Nicktoons channel (same goes for Invader Zim, which Richard Horvitz -Dagget- also starred in).

What more can you want? Two ridiculous beavers living by themselves in the woods with a bunch of misfit critters for friends. Not to mention they're huge fans of awful old movies. And the way they make up their own way to pronounce things -- genius.
  • One of the best cartoons ever.

I think this was an excellent show, and I'm glad it's still on Nicktoons. The stuff Norbert and Dagget can get themselves into is hilarious, and Dagget is hilarious in general. Alot of the plots may be wacky, but they're still excellent and funny. I'd say this was, and still is, one of my favorite cartoons on Nickelodeon, and one of my favorite cartoons overall. Yep, that's right, you heard me, it's a really excellent show, and I don't care if you disagree with me or not, and if you do, well, then I say to you that you're officially insane.
  • The Angry Beavers

This is one of the greatest Nicktoons ever made. I really enjoy the show it is funny and entertaining. I wish they would bring it back because it was one of the best cartoons around along with my other favourite Nicktoons such as Spongebob Squarepants and Fairly Odd Parents just to name a few.
  • Rarely a let-down, so often a winner.

Rarely a let-down, so often a winner. Daggett and Norbert rock! I like how they mispronounce words and get into impossible situations. The sibling rivalry also makes for some key comedy. Nick and Richard do a great job with the voices. The credits often go too fast for me to read, but those are some seriously funny nicknames for people.
  • A good show.

The angry beavers were a pretty big hit for the Nickolodeon channel. They had some very funny epiosdes to watch and they made you laugh for the comedy they supported throughout each one. I found it to be great that they brought the show back to the Nicktoons channel and its just as good as it used to be. Norb is my favorite character and Dag is pretty funny because the two of them go through some pretty crazy episodes. Without a doubt a classic. Now I just hope they make a DVD box so I could watch favorites anytime I want.
  • The Angry Beavers needs to be brought back!

The Angry Beavers, aka. TAB or AB. About two beaver brothers Dagget "Dag" Doofus Beaver and Norbert "Norb" Bfoster Beaver (the B in Bfoster is silent). It is the 3rd best Nick show ever (there are only 3 Nick shows I like: SpongeBob, FOP and Angry Beavers). After 62 episodes (123 cartoons), they were planning on making a finale titled "Bye Bye Beavers", in which they found out they were over. Nickelodeon didn't like this, so the Angry Beavers was canceled before they could finish it. In the US, only 60/62 episodes even got shown. (lucky me for living in Australia). The Angry Beavers didn't deserve such fate, especially if you compare it to the craploads of crap shows Nick is showing now.
  • This was a pretty good cartoon.

Once more Nick cuts down a good toon. Yet crap like My life as a teenage robot lasts. My word, this was a great nicktoon. Two beaver brothers liveing on their own. I mean sure they lived with eachother but they where bros. So that is ok, some good story lines where used, and that made it good. But nick just never keeps the funny shows, only the dumb ones.
  • welcome to the dam of the beaver feaver blah blah blah

nice show nice characters nice story, i am muscular beaver whooooshhhhh!here take my hanky of limited visibility! oh well get down! beary hairy whatsaclairy? dagget norbert the bunny bing treeflower trukkee and a stump..... hmmmmm... oh well now get down!!!!!!!!!! yes yes yes best show on earth !!! yay! woo hoo!
  • Bad

3.5
    This show is about 2 beavers with no plot or storyline.The show is very boring and has nothing that makes it interesting.The only think I liked about this show is that they used 2 beavers which made this show interest people but the show is still very bad compared to other nickelodean cartoons.
  • This needs to be on DVD. A show about two beaver brothers, who don't look anything remotely like beavers, how can someone not like that.

The Angry Beavers is one of the best “nicktoons”, as they’re known, the network ever had. The show centers around two beaver brothers, Norbert and Daggett, who are trying to make it on their own after being kicked out of their dam upon the birth of their younger siblings.

In addition to the beavers, there are also many recurring characters. Scientist #1 and Pete often cause trouble for the two. Bing is the annoying lizard that doesn’t know when to shut up or when to leave. Treeflower debuted as a crazy hippy-rocker love interest for Norb, but then returned as an elevator musician. The coolest bear in the forest, jazz singing Barry, also befriends the beavers. Then there’s the best recurring character on the show: Stump. Stump is simply a tree stump with a crooked smile and two misshaped eyes carved into it. The audience never sees him move, but he is seen making shadow puppets and at one point crying, and heard getting up and driving away. It’s always a running joke whether or not Stump is really alive.

The characters always find themselves, as any good cartoon, in crazy situations: going to the center of the earth, mission to the sun, living in a waterpark. The show features some classic example of sibling rivalry: a staring contest, staying up all night, seeing who can go the longest without talking, among others. Dag also has the alter-ego Muscular Beaver, a superhero who Norb is ashamed of. There are also a number of incidents involving the brothers’ favorite B-movie star Oxnard Montalvo, and Mexican wrestler “El Grapudora”(translates to “The Stapler”).

What makes the beavers a step up from most cartoons is the great writing. There’s constant bickering between Norbert and Daggett, often having the two talk over each other, in classic screwball comedy style. The two always mispronounce words and say other crazy things these writers come up with that are hard to explain without hearing it. The chemistry between the two voice actors Nick Bakay (Norbert) and Richard Horvitz (Daggett) is perfect. It would be impossible for there to be the same chemistry between the characters if either of the voice actors weren’t there.

Personally, I think the best episodes are: Utter Nonsense, Guess Who’s Stumping to Dinner, Up All Night, and The Day the Earth Got Really Screwed Up. The show no longer airs on Nickelodeon, but is on daily on the Nicktoons channel. I pray this will follow in the footsteps of Ren & Stimpy and Pete & Pete, and will hopefully be available on DVD.
  • Best Show Ever

I love this show!
    I watch it every weekday at 7:00 and 12:00!
    Beavers are indeed the cutest woodland creatures!
    This is a show i will watch until it is cancelled! (and some time after that lol)!
    so if your a beaver fan, watch this show!
    norbert is my fav. beaver!
    I LOVE THIS SHOW!!
  • This and Rocko did not deserve this fate.

One of the best shows ever on Nickelodeon. If this show never comes back, at least it could be put on season DVDs. I do not know why Nick is ending the good stuff that makes it loved by everyone. Their new ideas since MDTRS suck horribly. Come back to us Beavers! We miss you.
  • What did Spongebob have on the Beavers?

Norb and Dag refused to kiss corporate hiney. The had class... they were too subtle for little kids to enjoy. They had a knack for making the adults chuckle and the kids scratch their heads.
    I quote Norb and Dag regularly... like daily. Can't help it... I'll forever be a fan.
    It would be great if they came out on DVD. The show should be saved somewhere.
    I notice that Nick Bakay is a producer on King of Queens. I have to believe that he and David Horvitz had a blast doing the voices for the brothers. It was obvious that they had a similar relationship with each other... the timing was flawless.
  • this was like the best show ever!

they should seriously consider bringing back this show. it was funny and they could always find a way to slip "adult" humor into the show.yea it had stupid moments but the rest of it was the greatest. i mean talking beavers who would of thought of that? old school nick was the greatest
  • Bring it Back

The Angry Beavers is one my favorite shows to play on Nickelodeon. The show follows the life and loves of two swinging bachelor beavers named Norbert and Daggett. Their parents have a second liter, and it’s time for them to fend for themselves. Norbert is the oldest, by 30 seconds, and the most mature. He has a fondness for secret rooms and is the smart one. Daggett is the hyperactive, not-so-smart brother that always gets something dropped on him, while Norb is the quick-witted brother that tries to inject reason and patience to his brother. The storylines are always imaginative and the dialogue is never taken for granted. The episodes are hilarious, and the characters are very funny. The situations are even funnier. Where else could you see an 8-foot tall crawling spleen, or the loogie- hawk, or have a best friend that’s a stump. The show was the greatest to come from Nickelodeon, and show be brought back.
  • I am muscular beaver!!! The world's greatest superhero!!!! wooooooshhh!!!!!!

Angry beavers was one of the very first shows that I saw on nickelodeon and it's still my favorite. Basically it's about two beaver brothers who live together in a dam and do all sorts of cazr things. The funniest aspect of the whole cartoon the comedy. They portray it in such a way that they can sell the idea that what is happening IS funny. I personally like the awkward silences...dot-dot-dot... My favorite episodes of the show have to be the muscular beaver episodes... those were crazy!!! Wooooooshhhh!!!!!
  • Dang!!!!!!!

This show was funny the house was hecka big for a couple of batchlor beavers wasn't it? I was hillarously funny i used to watch it when i was little it went on for a while though. I loved Dagget and Barry the were funny, liked norbert too but barry was my fave!
  • This show rocks, Spoot.

A classic nicktoon taken down in its prime. I love the Angry Beavers. They were just so, so, angry. I wish i could see it more, but the only channel it's on now is the premium cable Nicktoons channel, which i don't have much access to. Nickelodeon has a way of abandoning many of their classic toons to make way for new and, usually, lousier programming, like "Zoey 101" and "Romeo." I've watched this show from its airing until its cancelling, and I can't get enough of this show. If Nick decided to bring this show back, I think my head would explode from excitement.
  • i love this show! i wish they would bring it back, but i just got the rare dvd off of ebay.

this was and still is one of my favorite shows of all time. this show makes me laugh so hard and is very interesting. i think if nick is stupid enough to take this off air then they should take that whole channel off the air. Dag and Norbert RULE!
  • A great nicktoon.

Angry Beavers, in my opinion was the last great nicktoon. Nicktoons started out in the early 1990's with Doug, Rugrats, and Ren & Stimpy. Throughout the '90s, there were more nicktoons, like Rocko's Modern Life and Aah!!! Real Monsters. When those nicktoons were canceled in 1997, Angry Beavers came along and started the late '90s generation of nicktoons. The great thing about Angry Beavers was that, while Nick was changing as parents were criticizing their cartoons and shows like Ren & Stimpy and 2 Stupid Dogs were no longer popular, Angry Beavers stayed old school nicktoon and saved nicktoons-atleast for a little while.
  • What a funny show. This show is about 2 beaver brothers who have fun adventures everyday.

I loved this show... I don't know why its not on anymore. I liked how Norbert always said those funny voices and words and how Dagget alwys acted idiodic. Stump made me laugh because he was so cool but still only a stump. Their dad is weird and brother and sister clones of themselves.
  • this sow is about two cool beavers.

The Angry Beavers show is very funny because Daggit always says spooty, spoot, or spoot something or other. and norbert is always talking wierd. also their dam always gets destroyed. my favorite of the two is daggit bacause he is the funniest one. this show is hilarious so watch it.
1 2 3 4