The Celebrity Apprentice Forums

Sunday 8:00 PM on NBCIn Season

Episode 1301: The Wolf In Charge Of The Hen House

etching

[1]Mar 4, 2013
    • level: 22
    The All-Star Edition of Celebrity Apprentice has begun with Bret Michaels and Trace Adkins picking the teams. Bret picked Omarosa, Lil Jon, Brande Roderick, La Toya Jackson, Claudia Jordan and Dennis Rodman for Team Power. Trace picked first and got Penn Jillette, Dee Snider, Marilu Henner, Stephen Baldwin, Lisa Rinna, and Gary Busey for Team Plan B. Trace got the better team, IMHO.

The first task was a meatball fundraiser with the most money raised the winner. Brande was the PM for Power and Trace the PM for Plan B. Brande raised the most for Power with $132K who altogether raised $230533 plus $20K for winning the meatball challenge for a total of $250533. Trace didn't open the shop to the public but won the task by raising $419539 solely on donors, with a couple checks of $75K and $100K. Trace won $670K for the American Red Cross, a record amount for the first week of the show.

Brande escaped being fired as PM because she raised the most amount of money on Power with $132K. Omarosa wasn't sent to the boardroom even though she was keeping track of the money and the numbers weren't adding up with what her team said they raised. Brett wound up being fired for several reasons, for giving Brande the PM job, for barely raising any money, and for selecting Omarosa on his team.
    Edited on 03/04/2013 2:59am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

lady_catseyes

[2]Mar 7, 2013
    • level: 9
    Poor Bret. I wish he could have articulated his reason for coming back better. Seriously, if you were the champ, wouldn't you defend your title? Trump seemed to have it in for him from the beginning. Why would you ask/let him come back if you're just going to berate him for it and then fire him. I'd rather see him than Omawho?sa.

etching

[3]Mar 9, 2013
    lady_catseyes wrote:
    Poor Bret. I wish he could have articulated his reason for coming back better. Seriously, if you were the champ, wouldn't you defend your title? Trump seemed to have it in for him from the beginning. Why would you ask/let him come back if you're just going to berate him for it and then fire him. I'd rather see him than Omawho?sa.

He said he came back because he wanted to raise more money for his charity.
    OK fine, but why pass up the chance on a biggest-wallet fundraiser task?
    That didn't make any sense at all...
    Besides, Brett pretty much dug his own grave when he picked Omarosa for his team...
    Edited on 03/09/2013 6:36am
    Edited 2 total times.

antdude

[4]Mar 10, 2013
    • level: 27
    Soso episode. I wonder if this will be the last season with these all star celebrities. I'd rather see new candidates, celebrities or not.

Kids_Table

[5]Mar 13, 2013
    • level: 1

What is this show even about anymore?!

In theory, it's about winning money for charity, but so many people seem absolutly shocked that Brett would come back, when the obvious answer to 'why' is because he wanted to win more money for his charity. The amount of people who seem floored by this decision has me wondering what on earthy they think the show is about, if it's not about raising money.

It must be about leading right? Leadership and competition and actually showing business skills. But then Brandi, who did a terrible job as Project Manager gets to stay because she raised the most money. Sending the message that it is all about the money.

Yes it's a game, but I wish I could see some sembalance of rules. Some sort of rhyme or reason here. So I'm trying to find out some reason, any reason, why Brett would be sent home while Omerosa (who did a horrible job at the task she was assigned) and Brandi (who did a terrible job at her task as manager) got to stay.

Clearly, it's just because Trump didn't want him to. What a bully. I suspect this vendetta started even before the show, Trump seemed to insinuate multiple times that he thought Brett was a fool for choosing to play instead of judge. I can see how this whole thing went down.

Months before the show Trump calls Brett Micheals...

Trump: Brett, we'd like to have you back onCelebrity All Star Apprentice as a judge.
    Brett: A judge? I want to play. I'd rather play.
    Trump: Seriously? I'll have to think about it. (confers with other show-makers)
    Trump: (grudgingly) okay, you can play.
    Brett shows up, Trump points out several times that Brett made a choice he wouldn't have by coming back to compete, all the while thinking to himself I'll get you in the end my pretty...
    And the first chance he gets he fires him.

etching

[6]Mar 14, 2013
    Kids_Table wrote:

Yes it's a game, but I wish I could see some sembalance of rules. Some sort of rhyme or reason here. So I'm trying to find out some reason, any reason, why Brett would be sent home while Omerosa (who did a horrible job at the task she was assigned) and Brandi (who did a terrible job at her task as manager) got to stay.

Since this week was a fundraiser task, Brande deserves credit for raising by far the most money on her team.

Omarosa got a free pass because Brande didn't pick her for the boardroom.

Bret had several strikes against him --- He came back to raise money for his charity, yet he passed up the chance to be PM on a fundraiser task, and furthermore, didn't raise much money on his own. And the worst mistake? Picking Omarosa on his team with his first pick. Deserves firing on that alone, IMHO...
    Edited on 03/13/2013 11:52pm