The Celebrity Apprentice Forums

Sunday 8:00 PM on NBCIn Season

Randall denied Rebecca duo Apprenticeship!!!!

  • Avatar of RandalIWho

    RandalIWho

    [301]Dec 16, 2005
    • member since: 12/16/05
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 9
    Or, it could be that Rebecca had already accepted a better offer from Yahoo at the time the live show aired and Trump orchestrated all this for publicity. Say it isn't so! Trump doing something for money and publicity??? NO!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of sky32

    sky32

    [302]Dec 16, 2005
    • member since: 12/17/05
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 8
    I agree with you that this decision may have been politically motivated... and that Stacy and Omorosa were depicted negatively on previous episodes...I am a bit concerned that you do not acknowledge that Randall was respected this teammates and won the apprentice, not because he was African American, but because of his talent.

    He clearly demonstrated his skills throughout. Your inability to recognize this is problematic. You call Randall's firm insignificant. Why is that? As far as I know, Rebecca did not have a firm that she could call her own. Your answer is very revealing and very telling....
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of IBHIPP

    IBHIPP

    [303]Dec 16, 2005
    • member since: 12/16/05
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 4
    Actually, he said it was "the Apprentice not the Apprenti" (and made quite a point of emphasizing "I") -- not sure why all that fancy education didn't include English 101. He wound up looking not only selfish and self-promoting, but grammatically challenged as well.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of RandalIWho

    RandalIWho

    [304]Dec 16, 2005
    • member since: 12/16/05
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 9
    sky32 wrote:
    I agree with you that this decision may have been politically motivated... and that Stacy and Omorosa were depicted negatively on previous episodes...I am a bit concerned that you do not acknowledge that Randall was respected this teammates and won the apprentice, not because he was African American, but because of his talent.

    He clearly demonstrated his skills throughout. Your inability to recognize this is problematic. You call Randall's firm insignificant. Why is that? As far as I know, Rebecca did not have a firm that she could call her own. Your answer is very revealing and very telling....


    I don't believe Randall won, in fact I think he made a huge mistake that should have cost him the job, and even though both George and Carolyn pointed out that mistake more than once, he still got the job. Rebecca showed just as much talent if not more in motivating and inspiring her team. I just don't see Randall as the winner here, I agree he is a good leader and people respect him, I just think Rebecca won the final task and should have been hired, but Randall was the Politically Correct choice. If anyone can come up with a reason why not having a rain-out venue should not have cost him the final task, and the apprenticeship, I'd be glad to hear it.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of IBHIPP

    IBHIPP

    [305]Dec 16, 2005
    • member since: 12/16/05
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 4
    I would like to respond. I don't feel like there has ever been such a close race for the final Apprentice selection. The two candidates were both really great candidates, brought two distinctly different resumes to the competition, and seemed to both be exceptional candidates. The whole season has been a bit unconventional... he fired all 4 team members one week, and he fired both Felicia and Alla on the same night. I haven't been an avid viewer throughout all the seasons, but I don't think that has ever been done before. Going into the final competition, I felt like it was going to be very hard to "fire" either of them, and I really did think (in keeping with his unconvenional approach to the whole season) he might hire them both. To imply in any way that any of this has anything to do with race is just absolutely ludicrous. I was a fan of Randall until the final few minutes, when he make that great big splat right on his face.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of RandalIWho

    RandalIWho

    [306]Dec 16, 2005
    • member since: 12/16/05
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 9
    IBHIPP wrote:
    Actually, he said it was "the Apprentice not the Apprenti" (and made quite a point of emphasizing "I") -- not sure why all that fancy education didn't include English 101. He wound up looking not only selfish and self-promoting, but grammatically challenged as well.


    A product of that "over-education" syndrome where the more education you have, the more you try to impress people with your big fancy words. I know "Apprentii" sounds more "scientific" and all, but the term really is "Apprentices".
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of shawnph

    shawnph

    [307]Dec 16, 2005
    • member since: 08/02/03
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 1
    Lest anyone forget, this is a tv show. The segments up until the boardroom sequence are intricately designed to put the loser(s) in a negative light and the winners in a positive one, for the most part. But not always. No one wants to see a bunch of winners. Sometimes a villain makes for good ratings too. You really don't know how "good" someone is or isn't in this artificial and highly edited environment.

    Last night, you were able to see the two finalists as they really are. I didn't see much left of the friendship the previous episodes, as well as the segments in this one, appeared to craft. I saw two people on a tv show fighting for a $250k prize. That's probably the closest to reality this reality tv show ever got.

    Anyone who thinks they deserve something or are treated differently just because of their race probably needs to sit down and look at why they're so bitter with life. Sure, it can happen. But focus on the good parts of life. Get over it. Otherwise, you'll just get old before your time and have nothing to show for it. Oh, just think how successful Oprah would be if she were only white. And that cracker, Bill Gates? He'd never have been a billionaire if he were black. That's for sure. Give me a break. See how stupid it sounds?

    What about the gay guy and the Jew? They were fired. That must mean Trump is a homophobic anti-Semite.

    Grow up, folks.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of RandalIWho

    RandalIWho

    [308]Dec 16, 2005
    • member since: 12/16/05
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 9
    IBHIPP wrote:
    I would like to respond. I don't feel like there has ever been such a close race for the final Apprentice selection. The two candidates were both really great candidates, brought two distinctly different resumes to the competition, and seemed to both be exceptional candidates. The whole season has been a bit unconventional... he fired all 4 team members one week, and he fired both Felicia and Alla on the same night. I haven't been an avid viewer throughout all the seasons, but I don't think that has ever been done before. Going into the final competition, I felt like it was going to be very hard to "fire" either of them, and I really did think (in keeping with his unconvenional approach to the whole season) he might hire them both. To imply in any way that any of this has anything to do with race is just absolutely ludicrous. I was a fan of Randall until the final few minutes, when he make that great big splat right on his face.


    For those who say race had no part in this...if you looked in the audience, you didn't see a large number of the African-Americans in the crowd cheering for Rebecca, did you? Hey just an observation. I'm not a racist, any more than those African-Americans in the audience who were cheering for Randall. For those who are unwilling to see that there is still racism in this country, you are naive, and for those who suggest that decisions like this aren't made based on sensitivity to race issues, you are living in a fantasy world. Bottom line, Randall was not chosen for his performance because Rebecca out-performed him on the final task in a big way, even Trump recognized that or he would not have tried to hire her also. So you tell me why the clear winner of the final task was not given the job.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of apprentii__LOL

    apprentii__LOL

    [309]Dec 16, 2005
    • member since: 12/17/05
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 16
    [This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of apprentii__LOL

    apprentii__LOL

    [310]Dec 16, 2005
    • member since: 12/17/05
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 16
    [This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of mlynnc

    mlynnc

    [311]Dec 16, 2005
    • member since: 12/17/05
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 1
    What a pathetic ending. I was 100% disappointed.

    I really had enjoyed watching this Apprentice. I definitely thought that Becca and Randy would be the final two, I liked them both very much! The whole build up was that both would be an Apprentice - and I thought that was going to be an EXCELLENT live finale!

    ..Which is the reason why Trump had TWO jobs to pick from, and Oh - how ironic, Becca and Randy choose the opposite one! What better for Trump, than to have two GREAT people - working on two GREAT projects for him.

    Then, Randy wins, and when called back and asked whether Becca should be hired too - Randy suddenly grows a big head and turns her down! Trump's facial expression said it all! He wasnt happy, and was actually VERY disappointed in Randy's poor decision - BAD start, Mr. R! ("Where and when will he screw up next?" Mr. Trump brainstorms.)

    I personally think that if Trump actually wanted both of them (Which im 100% he did) he should have hired Becca, KNOWING that she REALLY respected Randy and would 110% say YES to him being Apprentice aswell.

    Becca said some VERY nice things about Randy, throughout the ENTIRE interview process, and throughout the ENTIRE show really. They both worked together SO well, the best thing that could have happened is for them to have worked so hard together to win, then actually win TOGETHER!

    C'mon Randy, have a heart. A determined, hard-working Woman, getting this far - after she helped you in so many ways, you win and suddenly you dont care about her OR her future? Especially at the age of 23! She is VERY worthy of being Apprentice. What a jerk. I thought they were actually a great team.

    I personally thought that Randy stooped as low Alla did when she came out with that SHOCKING statement about Becca being and doing NOTHING during all of the tasks. UGH!

    What a let down. I dont think Ill watch the Apprentice again, that did it for me. Spit!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Jrr6415sun

    Jrr6415sun

    [312]Dec 16, 2005
    • member since: 07/01/05
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 942
    cartess3 wrote:
    Are you people confused???

    The only reason DT started firing people in groups was because the ratings were slipping badly and they needed to end this season as quickly as possible to save this show. That was the only reason!

    I felt Randall should have 'hired' Rebecca. I believe she would have done the same thing for him. They seemed like friends and friends look after each other, and her loyalty, although dumbfounded, you still have to respect her for standing her ground in the mist of criticism...

    Does racism exists? Sure it does. Was it racism here? I don't think so. I think Donald just listened and followed some stupid advice he was given from the Producers of the show...NBC is known for huge twists, but this was a stupid move nonetheless.

    Racism exists no matter how many of you want to write it off....just last week, my wife and I were at a athletic store purchasing a treadmill! She's 8 months pregnant and they wanted to take her to the back because they thought she stole a basketball. We didn't let them search her, so they called the police. Dumb move on their part. Now we're suing. Those folks watched us from the time we walked in the store, no reason too, I have plenty of money, but no matter what some people are just that way.

    Two weeks prior to that, I went to get some gas...they made me come in and pay...but the 'white man' beside me didn't have to...funny thing happened, while I paid, he sped off without paying.

    I took the opportunity to tell the white female and male working the register "You make the black guy come in and pay while the white guy rips you off ---- you dumb fu#@....

    Really pissed me off...so those of you who claim racism doesn't exists...you're lost in somem fantasy.

    Was it racism tonight? I don't think so. I think it was just a stupid decision by DT and his producers. Randall should have never been put in that predicament, period!

    And I hate the decision he made, although it was his to make and his alone.

    Carl


    you're retarded, the show was already filmed before the ratings started to slip
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of wickslap

    wickslap

    [313]Dec 16, 2005
    • member since: 12/06/05
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 21
    RandalIWho wrote:
    sky32 wrote:
    I agree with you that this decision may have been politically motivated... and that Stacy and Omorosa were depicted negatively on previous episodes...I am a bit concerned that you do not acknowledge that Randall was respected this teammates and won the apprentice, not because he was African American, but because of his talent.

    He clearly demonstrated his skills throughout. Your inability to recognize this is problematic. You call Randall's firm insignificant. Why is that? As far as I know, Rebecca did not have a firm that she could call her own. Your answer is very revealing and very telling....


    I don't believe Randall won, in fact I think he made a huge mistake that should have cost him the job, and even though both George and Carolyn pointed out that mistake more than once, he still got the job. Rebecca showed just as much talent if not more in motivating and inspiring her team. I just don't see Randall as the winner here, I agree he is a good leader and people respect him, I just think Rebecca won the final task and should have been hired, but Randall was the Politically Correct choice. If anyone can come up with a reason why not having a rain-out venue should not have cost him the final task, and the apprenticeship, I'd be glad to hear it.


    And Id like to hear a reason as to why Rebecca wouldnt have been fired during the regular season for not raising any money for a charity. The whole point of the charity was to raise money. Despite that the Yahoo executives didnt want her to directly ask for donations. If shes so talented, she could have come up with a better way to solicit profits from the yahoo execs (As George put it). To me this is a another failed task. Also, if she had raised money after the show, I think Mr. Trump would have been the first to admit it, because he clearly liked her. The fact of the matter is up to the live season finale, they were not aware of any donations made to the charity from her event. It is disturbing that you claim that Rebecca won the final task, when she didnt meet the main objective -Raising money for the charity. The bottom line is Randall did pull it together. I think it makes Rebecca look worse that Randall raised $11,000 in a locker room, while Rebecca was not able to raise anything at an upscale restaurant.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of wickslap

    wickslap

    [314]Dec 16, 2005
    • member since: 12/06/05
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 21
    IBHIPP wrote:
    Actually, he said it was "the Apprentice not the Apprenti" (and made quite a point of emphasizing "I") -- not sure why all that fancy education didn't include English 101. He wound up looking not only selfish and self-promoting, but grammatically challenged as well.


    And Rebecca obviously needs a geography lesson for not realizing that Atlantic City is in New Jersey
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Dekeryu

    Dekeryu

    [315]Dec 16, 2005
    • member since: 07/11/05
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 2,597
    Rebecca didn't raise any money because Yahoo was being uptight about it all. They didn't even want it mentioned throughout the comedy show. That was one of the Yahoo execs quotes!! At least though I heard throughout the comedy show with multiple references to the charity, so at least Rebecca got that in.

    Yahoo! certainly looked bad last night so they could only save themselves by donating that big cheque to both charites.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of wickslap

    wickslap

    [316]Dec 16, 2005
    • member since: 12/06/05
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 21
    RandalIWho wrote:
    It's not like he raised boatloads of money either. I hardly call $11,000 a landslide win. I really thought Rebecca was the winner on this task, hands-down. Her event was well organized, despite the fact that Trump himself threw a wrench into the works by bringing the VIP's downstairs 30 minutes too early. She handled the cancellation of her star emcee without blinking. Randall made a huge mistake and it should have cost him the job. Rebecca should have won on her near-perfect execution of the final task. The only issue she had was that no money was raised for her charity, and that was Yahoo's decision to be hands-off on fundraising, not Rebecca's.


    Raising No money for a charity event is a disaster.

    $11,000 is a lot more than raising nothing.

    Any other candidate would have been fired for this during the shows, regular season. In fact multiple candidates may have been fired for this error. In fact she didnt cater to her client-The charirty. Im sure they must have been very disappointed with her. She basically threw a nice party for the yahoo execs. That wasnt the objective of the event. She proved herself as a very good event planner.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Pedroff

    Pedroff

    [317]Dec 16, 2005
    • member since: 06/13/05
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 2,493
    Dekeryu wrote:
    Rebecca didn't raise any money because Yahoo was being uptight about it all. They didn't even want it mentioned throughout the comedy show. That was one of the Yahoo execs quotes!! At least though I heard throughout the comedy show with multiple references to the charity, so at least Rebecca got that in.

    Yahoo! certainly looked bad last night so they could only save themselves by donating that big cheque to both charites.


    She was suppose to be doing what Donald told her not Yahoo, simple as that and that was her undoing.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Dekeryu

    Dekeryu

    [318]Dec 16, 2005
    • member since: 07/11/05
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 2,597
    Pedroff wrote:
    Dekeryu wrote:
    Rebecca didn't raise any money because Yahoo was being uptight about it all. They didn't even want it mentioned throughout the comedy show. That was one of the Yahoo execs quotes!! At least though I heard throughout the comedy show with multiple references to the charity, so at least Rebecca got that in.

    Yahoo! certainly looked bad last night so they could only save themselves by donating that big cheque to both charites.


    She was suppose to be doing what Donald told her not Yahoo, simple as that and that was her undoing.


    If she didn't listen to Yahoo!, they would have pulled out their sponsorship, and then who's left crying?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of wickslap

    wickslap

    [319]Dec 16, 2005
    • member since: 12/06/05
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 21
    Catch88 wrote:
    I mean, if you think that Rebecca's saying that Randall lacked focus on the big picture...that he concentrated too much on the minor details, was a positive for Randall, then yeah, she had nothing negative to say about him.


    Actually she said that Randall didnt step up on this task; which is an entirely different thing.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of nfmos

    nfmos

    [320]Dec 16, 2005
    • member since: 12/16/05
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 31
    RandalIWho wrote:
    Catch88 wrote:
    Here’s my two cents as to what transpired last night….

    Clearly, no one is arguing Trump’s choice of Randall as the Apprentice. The problem lies with what happened following his selection…and I blame Trump, not Randall, for that.

    If it was Trumps’ intention to hire both, then why pick Randall first, instead of Rebecca? Is it because he assumed that because of who he is, that Randall would just go along with him, and agree to hire her? I applaud Randall for showing a spine and some conviction (even if it was slightly egotistically fueled) in going against Trump’s intentions. It shows he’s not some mindless drone, or “yes man,” who’s going to bow down to anyone’s demands. Plus, I’m sure Randall had figured out what the plot twist was (there was time between the last taping and last night’s live show)…And I’m sure he already had an opinion on that (as was evidenced by his response…which came without delay), which he knew would not be popular.


    Everyone assumes that Rebecca would have said yes, if the roles were reversed…but how do you really know? Let me ask you this…If you busted your ass for however many weeks it was, to get a position in a company, and it came down to you and one other person for that one spot, and you got the position, how quick would you be to turn around and say,” Oh yeah, hire them too?” You’re lying to yourself if you say you’d do that. And sure, it WOULD be a nice gesture on your part, but in no way are you expected to say yes in that situation. So why should Randall be judged any differently. Honestly, you think Randall is last word in the Trump Organization. If Trump wants to hire Rebecca, he will, regardless of what anyone else says.

    And if you listened closely to what Randall said, he told Trump he didn’t think Rebecca was ready right now, and that while he did respect her, he shouldn’t hire her ON THIS NIGHT. He didn’t say Trump shouldn’t hire her EVER, just not last night. And what I think he was saying was that, I worked my behind off to prove that I was better than all these candidates for the Apprentice position, allow me to be recognized as such. If, after the show is over, or anytime in the future, you want to hire Rebecca, be my guest…but not tonight…it’s my night. And yes, I would agree that it may be egotistical, he did win…Trump did select him over Rebecca, so allow him his moment.


    Two words on why Randall got hired over Rebecca: "African American". Or if you prefer: "Omarosa and Stacy" two of the previous African American candidates who were portrayed as crazy b****es in previous seasons. It was the politically correct thing to hire Randall. Obviously he really wanted to hire Rebecca (he tried to hire her, too) but because of the PC pressure, he had to hire Randall. Then in true "spoiled-brat" fashion, Randall declined to allow Trump to give Rebecca the other job. It was just a low-class move. Hopefully Rebecca will take the job with Yahoo and be there long after Trump lets Randall go back to his insignificant consulting company.


    You are low-class. This had nothing to do with some pity hire because Randall is African America. He was so much more qualified its ridiculous. If anything, asking Randall to make a decision on Rebecca was a pity move.

    If you really think Rebecca should have been hired over Randall you should turn off the TV and move to the South where I believe there should be a few people that share your mentality.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.