The Celebrity Apprentice

One Hit Blunder

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Nov 17, 2005 on NBC

6.7
  • What relevance does writing music have to do with working for Donald Trump? Writing music is not an easy task, even professionals, who have sold millions of records, frequently don't do it well.

This task involved the teams finding new musical talent and writing a song to be played on a Satellite radio station.

I have two basic issues with this episode. First, what relevance does writing music have to do with working for Donald Trump? Writing music is not an easy task, even professionals, who have sold millions of records, frequently don't do it well.

My second issue was with how they were judged: by callers who heard it on the radio. People who call into radio shows are generally a very small percentage of those listening and are often representing only the most extreme love/hate opinions. Also, how were they screened and how many calls were taken?

Overall, it did not seem like a fair task for people vying to be executives in Donald Trump's company, as I bet few of them already there could have done better.

While each episode has a sponsoring product, usually I can see some relevance in the task... To me, this episode was solely used to showcase the Satellite radio station and not much else.
  • The song duel

Yeah, not so bad episode. The task was about having choosing an unknown singer, compose a song for a radio industry, and the executives judge who had the better song. I really tought that Excel would've won in the beginning, but with Clay butting in everytime, and Randal not getting the channel right on the sign, mistakes after mistakes. I really liked Felisha as a PM. I think she could go far. It was an ok episode, nothing really interesting happen in the boardroom compared to the previous times. Clay was finally fired. I think it was his time to leave. I just hope that Rebecca redeems herself next week.