The Hunted: The Eva Soreny Story

tvking1

[1]Jul 18, 2007
    • level: 42

I've never seen The Armstrong Circle Theater. In fact, I'd never even heard of it, even though I consider myself fairly knowledgable about classic television. That says something about the state of television, and why old shows, even long-running ones such as this, are so hard to come by.

I came across it here by doing a search on Hungarian actress Eva Soreny, whom I've seen in a few TV shows, like The Twilight Zone (Mute) and Family Affair (A Waltz From Vienna). She also appeared briefly in the movie An American Rhaspody (2001). She looked lovely even in her eighties. Her story is quite compelling. See the guide on this episode and you'll see that it closely resembles The Sound Of Music. It's hard to find any info on her on the internet. A google search yields lots of results, but little info.

Does anyone reading this know if the series is being shown anywhere? It's probably too much to expect a DVD release. I'd like to see it, especially this episode.

Edited on 07/18/2007 5:54pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jaynashvil

[2]Oct 5, 2007
    • level: 91
    Good luck on finding this show. From what I can tell, there hasn't been an "official" release of episodes. Here's what I have found:
    -on the DVD "James Dean Collector's Edition", there's the episode "The Bells of Cockaigne" (1953).
    -There's the DVD collection "The Golden Age of TV Drama" with numerous episodes from the live anthology programs, but only one from "Armstrong", and it's the same James Dean episode. Unfortunately, that's all I've come across.

tvking1

[3]Oct 17, 2007
    • level: 42
    Yea, that's pretty much what I thought. I might find a DVD here and there containing an episode or two, but that's about it. It's a shame that a series that ran for 13 seasons would be so hard to find. (Sigh!)