"Assault on 42" - Official Discussion

MarvelComics1

[1]Aug 5, 2012
    • level: 15

Discuss the episode here!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RaizenYusuke

[2]Aug 7, 2012
    • level: 28
    Why did Disney XD skip Powerless?

TenTen

[3]Aug 8, 2012
    • level: 10

We get to see a good episode here about the gate to Section 42 where most villains are imprisoned in the negative Zone. First we see four Avengers who already capture Whirlwind. They took him to the negative zone which is section 42 where he gets locked up with other villains. After that the Avengers encounter alien bugs that infiltrated the prison station. They only show Captain America, Wasp, Ms. Marvel, and Thor in this episode. The Avengers has to try to defend the station, and the gate with the help of cooperative villains on their side. This alien bugs attack was lead by their master called Annihilus. This is the first time I heard of him and I don't know much of him at all. The Leader was the hero for the Avengers. At first the Leader couldn't withstand the noise from Annihilus chaotic mind. He found a way to disrupt Annihilus energy field, so the Avengers could easily defeat him. Thor manage to break Annihilus power stick and the rest of the alien bugs stop attacking. The Alien bugs manage to grab their master and retreated back to the negative space zone. The good news is they manage to save the prison station and the gate. The bad news is they lost the Warden when Thor and Ms Marvel try to chase after him at the negative space zone. It's hard to say if the Warden is still alive or dead if he gotten eaten by those alien bugs. All and all this episode was good to watch seeing Avengers teaming up with other villains prisoners on opposite sides.

Edited on 08/08/2012 6:22am

MajLorne

[4]Aug 8, 2012
    • level: 21
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    Why did Disney XD skip Powerless?
    They seem to be mixing up the orders of both this and USM. I'm sure they'll air it next week. I think that due to the stand alone nature, it doesn't matter what order they are shown in.

As for this episode, (saw online before) loved it. Heroes and villains teaming up against a worse threat. I thought those creatures were the brood from the x-men, but I guess not. From what I've read it seems some villains 'died' in the battle. So I am surprised at the amount of 'deaths' so far in this show. Kudos to them for doing that. It makes this show that much more awesome/mature to feature deaths instead of pussyfooting around that issue.

RobbMiller1

[5]Aug 10, 2012
    • level: 1
    is the hulk going to appear before the series ends ????

RaizenYusuke

[6]Aug 10, 2012
    • level: 28
    RobbMiller1 wrote:
    is the hulk going to appear before the series ends ????
    Yes the Hulk eventually returns in the series. Stupid decision to make stand alone episodes more common was probably the reason none of the Avengers mention him until he returns....