marvel mythbusters?

silverfoxy8472

[1]Aug 11, 2012
    • level: 14

ok probably a short lived thread but hey here we go. this thread couldtheoreticallygo in ultimate spiderman forums as well but seems a bit of a waste considering most of the tech is shield's and not spidey's overall. is it just me or did marvel or maybe the show executive producers hire a couple of "mythbusters" to fill time a bit of time before commercials? seriously do we reaaaally need to bust such good things like iron man and hawkeye? who cares if they are possible or not. It may be the comicenthusiastin me but i just want these guys to go away. opinions on these guys?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RaizenYusuke

[2]Aug 11, 2012
    • level: 28
    Marvel Universe block just trying to copy the DC Nation block on Cartoon Network. DC Nation has their own segement on that shows Green Arrow's trick arrows, Robin's bow staff etc. They'll probably keep it up for a while, if only to compete with the DC block. Marvel's more annoying because at least Cartoon Network they work the segments during the hour time slot the 2 DC shows without going over. Marvel on the other hand runs too long and makes block longer than a hour. It is why Ultimate Spider-Man runs for 37 minutes on Disney XD.

silverfoxy8472

[3]Aug 11, 2012

actually that makes it worse because recently (possible spoilers here) they screwed up young justice so copying asegmentthat comes between a flawed show? that is terrible.

silverfoxy8472

[4]Sep 9, 2012

well probably the last message in this thread but recently i have not seen the mythbusters on either side of the coin. SWEEET.

MarvelComics1

[5]Sep 17, 2012
    • level: 15

I found all of those Marvel Universe segments to be quite foolish, aggravating, and immature. I never watched them. I think those were intended to make the kids feel like they were getting something more than just "two boring cartoons." Why, however, would anyone turn on the television and sit down to watch a television series if they thought that the show they were watching wasn't satisfactory? Major stupidity on Disney XD's part.

RaizenYusuke

[6]Sep 17, 2012
    It keeps kids attentions and kids might find that stuff interesting. Finding out how their favorite Marvel characters are drawn, getting information on the characters, and seeing some sneak peaks on new episodes aren't really all that bad when you think about it. It is probably also a ploy to get kids into Marvel comics. From a business sense it wasn't a bad move.

edmasterchaos

[7]Sep 20, 2012
    • level: 41

Basically it makes the kids get more into Marvel by getting more Marvel info, getting their mind in the brand and having more to look forward to.

Most of the time I find these shorts to be simply useless, but hey, i'm not one to actually see if it works or not.

silverfoxy8472

[8]Sep 28, 2012

RaizenYusuke wrote:
    It keeps kids attentions and kids might find that stuff interesting. Finding out how their favorite Marvel characters are drawn, getting information on the characters, and seeing some sneak peaks on new episodes aren't really all that bad when you think about it. It is probably also a ploy to get kids into Marvel comics. From a business sense it wasn't a bad move.

Rai finding out info about the characters great. Finding out how they are drawn GREAT LOVE IT I ENJOY THAT!!! Showing that Cap's moves can be done by normal people NOT COOL showing tony's tech is in our reach not cool and worse scary. hawkeye's arrows not cool come on these are things are COMIC STUFF DO NOT MYTHBUST THESE THINGS!!! geeze. I am thankful they have not been on recently.

MajLorne

[10]Sep 30, 2012
    • level: 21
    How is a water jetpack 'scary'? I mean I wouldn't take a ride with it, but unless you lived near a large body of water, I don't think you need to worry about anyone 'rocketing' into your window or something.

RaizenYusuke

[11]Oct 1, 2012
    silverfoxy8472 wrote:

RaizenYusuke wrote:

Rai finding out info about the characters great. Finding out how they are drawn GREAT LOVE IT I ENJOY THAT!!! Showing that Cap's moves can be done by normal people NOT COOL showing tony's tech is in our reach not cool and worse scary. hawkeye's arrows not cool come on these are things are COMIC STUFF DO NOT MYTHBUST THESE THINGS!!! geeze. I am thankful they have not been on recently.

Kids might find that interesting. I can easily see a kid telling his dad how you can use a shield like Captain America in real life or a partical skill like how difficult archer is. This stuff looks stupid to us, but we are probably what 15-26 range. Kids are easier to impress. It is like how people critize kid movies and forget that simple story telling isn't going to matter to a kid.