"Nightmare in Red" - Official Discussion (Spoiler Alert!)

MarvelComics1

[1]Jun 24, 2012
    • level: 15

Discuss the 6/24/12 episode "Nightmare in Red" here. Enjoy!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

scottd2242

[2]Jun 24, 2012
    • level: 14

Who was that at the end with Samson, Rulk, Falcon, and WS? And did he have a bit of a german accent? Anyways, hope to see more of these guys (especially WS) given their realationships with the Avengers.

TenTen

[3]Jun 24, 2012
    • level: 10

This episode was good and interesting, and only four Avengers who are active right now which include the fake Captain America Skrull. I wish I knew who Winter Soldier injected that blood Hulk sample to become the Red Hulk. I wasn't sure if it was Absorbing Man or not, but it could of been any of the villains. It was too bad that Bruce Banner got set up like this, and General Ross and his soldiers had to arrest him for this tragedy. I was surprise that fake Captain America Skrull tell him to cooperate with them. Poor Bruce doesn't know he's not the real deal when he try to convince the fake Captain America not to let them take him in. The final end scene shows who was behind this Red Hulk incident. When I look who that person was he look like Senator Kelly. I believe that could of been that Anti Mutant agency name Henry Guirich from that Kree Empire episode.

Edited on 06/24/2012 1:41pm
    Edited 3 total times.

RaizenYusuke

[4]Jun 24, 2012
    • level: 28

WTF? I checked my guide and the Avengers isn't coming on a second time. Marvel Universe always comes on once in the morning and later in the evening on the west coast. Now is it just coming on in the morning? I already saw this episode, but I like to watch it when it airs here and the states to support it. Whatever, this is why this show is getting cancelled. Disney keeps f#cking up the time making it difficult to watch it. But their new Avengers will be shown to death just like Ultimate Spider-Man.

Yes, I know am bitching and don't care. I am pissed.

kanniballl

[5]Jun 25, 2012
    • level: 18

I'm kind of shaking my head at Maria Hill. I like her in the comics, and while she's not quite at Nick Fury's "craftyness" level in the comics she's depicted as very confident and very bad-a** and adaptive to the weird **** that goes on around her.

Here, we keep seeing her being a "by-the-book" soldier. If it doesn't fit in her little box, then she doesn't want any part of it.

So... we have a army rep (Ross) demanding access to the Hulk's blood so they can try to make more Hulks. Within a few hours, said army rep is nowhere to be seen and there's a new looking Hulk running around.

Yet with the Avengers repeating "it's not Bruce, he's with Hawkeye" she doesn't want to believe it. It's Bruce because Bruce is the only known Hulk.

Seriously, I hate what they're doing with her.

Edited on 06/25/2012 6:03am

RobbMiller1

[6]Jun 25, 2012
    • level: 1
    love the episode ... but if bruce banner is so tormented by the hulk, why doesnt ask shield-or the army for a supply of whatever it was that prevented him transforming ???

kanniballl

[7]Jun 26, 2012

RobbMiller1 wrote:
    love the episode ... but if bruce banner is so tormented by the hulk, why doesnt ask shield-or the army for a supply of whatever it was that prevented him transforming ???

Well, Bruce said it was an adrenal suppresent. I imagine that going long-term without hardly any adrenaline isn't good for you. Adrenaline plays a bigger role than just anger and/or fight-or-flight response. It's a neurotransmitter and helps regulate a WHOLE bunch of stuff.

Though in the Ultimates (Avengers in the Ultimate universe) they did something like that. They kept him in a cell, doped up 24/7, and he watched the TV show "Curb Your Enthusiasm" But I don't recall what they doped him up with.

Eventually though, he was sentenced to execution via nuclear bomb. AAAaaannd that didn't work.

Edited on 06/26/2012 10:15am

RobbMiller1

[8]Jun 26, 2012
    • level: 1
    makes sense .... thats funny about curb .... it would be even funnier if he watched arrested development .

MajLorne

[9]Jul 1, 2012
    • level: 21
    kanniballl wrote:

I'm kind of shaking my head at Maria Hill. I like her in the comics, and while she's not quite at Nick Fury's "craftyness" level in the comics she's depicted as very confident and very bad-a** and adaptive to the weird **** that goes on around her.

Here, we keep seeing her being a "by-the-book" soldier. If it doesn't fit in her little box, then she doesn't want any part of it.

So... we have a army rep (Ross) demanding access to the Hulk's blood so they can try to make more Hulks. Within a few hours, said army rep is nowhere to be seen and there's a new looking Hulk running around.

Yet with the Avengers repeating "it's not Bruce, he's with Hawkeye" she doesn't want to believe it. It's Bruce because Bruce is the only known Hulk.

Seriously, I hate what they're doing with her.

I totally agree with you. I really wished she was one of the agents replaced by a skrull. Her by the books routine stinks and doesn't make her a decent #2 guy behind Fury. I can only hope, if any, her new counterpart on the new avengers show is treated differently than this.

zan4

[10]Jul 30, 2012
    • level: 10
    I believe it's Ross

kanniballl

[11]Aug 23, 2012

zan4 wrote:
    I believe it's Ross

Considering that's how it is in the comics, it's the most likely scenario. Even disregarding that... it just makes the most sense.

LordGrievous

[12]Sep 17, 2012
    • level: 13

kanniballl wrote:

zan4 wrote:
    I believe it's Ross

Considering that's how it is in the comics, it's the most likely scenario. Even disregarding that... it just makes the most sense.

It would've except Ross showed up to arrest Bruce soon after the RedHulk left.

MajLorne

[13]Sep 23, 2012
    • level: 21
    That doesn't mean a thing. I mean if this show is following the comics, I highly doubt they would make a sudden change as to who red hulk is. If it's a larger conspiracy, all Gen Ross could've done was to order someone to pick him up and to have a spare uniform ready for him to change back to.