Rumor Aengers getting cancelled for spiderman

LordGrievous

[1]May 19, 2012
    • level: 13

I heard about a rumor that they are cancelling the Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes for a spiderman cartoon premiering in 2013.

Has anyone else hear about this?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MarvelComics1

[2]May 19, 2012
    • level: 15

It's no rumor. It's now unofficial fact, unless, of course, A:EMH fans can do something to protest this cancellation and make our voice heard by Disney and Marvel. I'd say the only way we can keep this show alive is to take action. Our only hope is that the second season's popularity and fans' reactions will exceed Disney's expectations by far.

Edited on 05/19/2012 10:41am

RaizenYusuke

[3]May 19, 2012
    • level: 28

At the very least we should try to convince them to make the new Avengers series be a sequel to this one instead o based in the Ultimate Spider-Man universe. Justice League did something similar when they reached 52 episodes and sold it as Justice League Unlimted a sequel series, but was more of a continuation.

PNest

[4]May 20, 2012
    • level: 10

I love the new avengers show idea. I think it be cool if the show was in the same universe as the spiderman show. i love continuity in shows. but seeing how season 2 is. New Avengers would be great. I hope we can get disney and marvel to agree

kanniballl

[5]May 29, 2012
    • level: 18

That's a shame, though I can see where they're coming from. Considering Ultimate Spider-Man already had a Tony/Iron Man cameo... maintaining the two different shows with 2 different art-styles with 2 different sets of voices might seem a bit odd. Having them exist in 2 universes might get confusing / annoying to fans of both.

Having 1 studio do both with the same styles and such, and maintain a modicum of linearity between the 2 shows, makes things easier + cheaper + (slightly) better.

However, with my time invested in the A:EMH it really bums me out. Also, the Spider-man version of Stark is more of a stuck-up jerk than the A:EMH version.

I can only HOPE that they don't inherit the comedy and/or comedic-style from the Spider-Man show... those are WAY to adolescent. Pool-vision works great in Deadpool, it's lame in a kiddy-Spiderman show.

Really, that comedic style is just killing the Spider-man show for me.

Edited on 05/29/2012 10:25am
    Edited 2 total times.

MajLorne

[6]Jun 2, 2012
    • level: 21
    Like I said in the other thread: if the same writers and producers are brought in while some characters are introduced/replaced and the new animation, that'd be ok. But my main worry is everyone from EMH will be given the boot and the new avengers gets swamped with the same idiocy that plagues the new spiderman show. Unless I see Mr. Yost as one of the producers of that show, I will have serious doubts about it and will not bother watching it.

Yaspaa

[7]Jun 2, 2012
    • level: 79
    Just watched the Spiderman episode, and the creators of Ultimate Spiderman need to seriously take note. What a great episode, Spidey cracks a joke and no silly, pointless, punch us in the face with half-witted cut-away scene appears, showing us what he said, we have no imagination, we need to be shown these things...NO WE DON'T.

MajLorne

[8]Jun 4, 2012
    It's like the 90s show and Spectacular Spiderman: Spidey can crack jokes and that's as far as the 'humor' goes. Ultimate spiderman is just a travesty at this point. They really need to clean house for that show to get a 2nd season.

Addict2TV

[9]Jun 12, 2012
    • level: 3

New "Marvel's Avengers Assemble" Cartoon Confirmed, Current "Avengers" Series To End

http://marvel.toonzone.net/news.php?action=fullnews&id=831

Damn !

Yaspaa

[10]Jun 12, 2012
    • level: 79
    Lets hope it's good.

RaizenYusuke

[11]Jun 14, 2012
    As long as it is not all gags and cutaway scenes (which doubt they will do) the new Avengers could be good. New series is already got factors working against it. If it does not hit a grand slam as soon as it comes to bat people are going to start tuning it out and claim A: EMH was way better. The fact this show was chosen in favor of renewing this series is going to make people look for fault in it. If fails to meet their expections like Ultimate Spider-Man it is going to be hard to recover.

syrusfan

[12]Jun 17, 2012
    • level: 38

Well this is disappointing to hear. I'll still give the new show the benefit of the doubt though. Who knows, it may be just as good.

WicthBalder

[13]Jun 18, 2012
    • level: 4

At least there won't be a "civil war" storyline in season 3.

Questionmarc99

[14]Jun 20, 2012
    • level: 6

It`s not true!!!!!Laughing

kanniballl

[15]Jun 21, 2012
    • level: 18

WicthBalder wrote:

At least there won't be a "civil war" storyline in season 3.

Honestly, I wasn't a huge fan of the civil war storyline in the comics anyway. Add to that, there's just too much going on this season to handle such a big storyline (Skrull Invasion, Surtur, etc).

I mean, as a philosophical and political debate the Marvel Comics Civil War was interesting. I actually had a few talks about that back in the day: should heroes be forced to register with the government?

Being trained and coordinated by the government is better than loose canons running around (ESPECIALLY newbies) who might just cause more collateral damage than warranted and lots of innocent deaths. Plus there's the whole "there's no oversight" thing.

On the other hand: revealing their identities would put their families at risk by the various villains and organizations out there. There are some "freedom" issues, but they go along with the whole scenario of it's the hero's CHOICE to wear a mask. Still... locking up heroes in the negative zone without a trial isn't really good.

Then the government started taking even more steps in the wrong direction. Pardoning convicted mass-murderers to bring in the heroes. Making a cybernetic clone of the (thought) deceased Thor. Seriously, it's like if Gotham released Joker to bring in Batman for running red lights in his Batmobile... how does THAT sound like a good idea?

But as a whole... it was just an excuse for there to be hero-vs-hero battles to see who would win in such a match.

Edited on 06/21/2012 7:20am

Parsec54

[17]Jun 21, 2012
    • level: 20

So if it's cancelled, does that mean Disney/Marvel will gyp us out of the second season dvds? I don't have cable or any other kind of tv, and I haven't seen any of season two. I'll be pretty upset if they decide to just leave us hanging with only one season's worth of DVDs... They played that game with Gargoyles when they didn't finish up THAT show on dvd.

RaizenYusuke

[18]Jun 21, 2012

If Disney would spring for advertising.... I never knew Gargoyles was out on DVD for like a year and found out they weren't finishing it because of low sales or whatever. They never finished any of their old cartoons... How am I supposed to know Avengers is out? WB would at least spring for commercial time for DC dvds letting people know it was out. Advertising is costly, but Disney has enough to spare for a few commercialand website advertising. It would help with sales. I want to buy both seasons on dvd. The complete first season is out on blue ray and they have volumes on dvd. I am waiting for a whole boxset on dvd to buy.

Oh and I think Sony had the rights to Spider-Man and they didn't want to make another season of Spectacular Spider-Man for Disney/Marvel or something. Ed can explain it better than me.

LordGrievous

[19]Sep 8, 2012
    • level: 13

RaizenYusuke wrote:

If Disney would spring for advertising.... I never knew Gargoyles was out on DVD for like a year and found out they weren't finishing it because of low sales or whatever. They never finished any of their old cartoons... How am I supposed to know Avengers is out? WB would at least spring for commercial time for DC dvds letting people know it was out. Advertising is costly, but Disney has enough to spare for a few commercialand website advertising. It would help with sales. I want to buy both seasons on dvd. The complete first season is out on blue ray and they have volumes on dvd. I am waiting for a whole boxset on dvd to buy.

Oh and I think Sony had the rights to Spider-Man and they didn't want to make another season of Spectacular Spider-Man for Disney/Marvel or something. Ed can explain it better than me.

Okay I can't believe I forgot about this thread but anyway.....

It seems like Disney sets it's shows for failure, they had A:EMH schedule at what 7:45 and they air it only once/twice a week and now with most of the season aired they started airing the show more often but no where close to how many times they had the first season.

I was really dissappointed they'll never release part 2 of the Gargoyles seacond season.

And it seems like Disney XD is a cursed station for cartoons because it seems like most cartoons only last for 1-2 seasons before they are cancelled.

MajLorne

[20]Sep 10, 2012
    Not only that, but it's an 'obscure' station. It's not like Disney channel or ABC family where most households have them. They never should've rebranded the channel and should've left it as an all cartoon channel, like the Disney version of boomerang with all the old cartoons. I want the Disney afternoon back!

Disney has enough channels, I don't understand why they'd put such a show like this on a tertiary station as opposed to either their primary ABC saturday mornings or their secondary channels as I mentioned above. Fail on Disney's part.... They do a great job with their parks, but as for their entertainment division..... I feel for Pixar, they used to be great, but I worry for them under Disney's hands.